Covid-19 discussion, continued...

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 3:38 AM

If you are pro any (government mandated) covid restrictions at this point you can go fuck yourself.  

TedSheckler Emporium Entrepreneur
4,023 posts 48 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 8:42 AM

If the schools listen to Fraudci, they will be wearing them.

"Unvaccinated children of a certain age greater than two years old should be wearing masks," Fauci said. "No doubt about that. That's the way to protect them from getting infected, because if they do, they can then spread the infection to someone else."

The guy is a joke.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 12:05 PM
posted by TedSheckler

If the schools listen to Fraudci, they will be wearing them.

"Unvaccinated children of a certain age greater than two years old should be wearing masks," Fauci said. "No doubt about that. That's the way to protect them from getting infected, because if they do, they can then spread the infection to someone else."

The guy is a joke.

What a joke.  If you don't want COVID, get a vaccine.  If you've got a kid, leave them the fuck alone.  If you don't want a vaccine, fine.  Move the hell on.  

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 12:32 PM

For some fucking reason I have to get a Covid test (my first one) before my hernia surgery next week despite being fully vaccinated since January. 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 2:24 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

For some fucking reason I have to get a Covid test (my first one) before my hernia surgery next week despite being fully vaccinated since January. 

I had to get a Covid test before my leg amputation. I had Covid, told them I had it, and they still gave me the swab and billed the insurance company. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 2:28 PM

I got one to enter the US from Mexico. 95% sure it's a money grab.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 2:34 PM
posted by Automatik

I got one to enter the US from Mexico. 95% sure it's a money grab.

It's kind of ironic that the party that thinks voter ID is racist wants everyone to have a vaccine passport to go anywhere (except, presumably, the polls).

How are rural people going to be able to photocopy their passport for safekeeping?

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 2:56 PM

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Vaccine doesn't even matter. Why am I paying a Mexico testing site to give me a form that is then uploaded to United Airlines?

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jul 15, 2021 3:22 PM

So athletes at the Olympics are going to put their medals on themselves because, you know, a 2-second interaction outdoors could result in transmission of Covid, even when all the parties are most likely vaccinated.

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 5:46 PM

I’m getting less and less excited for the Olympics. 

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 5:54 PM

Los Angeles county going back to wearing masks indoors this weekend. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 15, 2021 6:04 PM

Saw tonight's Yankees-Red Sox game was canceled due to a positive test on the Yanks.

Made me LOL at ESPN and MLB for their decision to only have that game today and on TV under their provision that Boston-NYY >>>>>>> Everyone Else.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jul 15, 2021 6:59 PM

Los Angeles county going back to wearing masks indoors this weekend. 

So I guess the Party of Science is back to autocratic decisions with no scientific basis...

About 2/3 of adults are vaccinated, and even though Phizer is reported only 66% effective against Delta, your risk of serious illness/death (if vaccinated) is still lower than the flu.  And kids under 12 are, I think, no higher risk than they are normally from the flu.

We don't do any of this for the flu and no one says anything about it.  Although I wouldn't bet, if Covid hangs around a few more years, that Karen-like factions won't emerge demanding people wear masks everywhere.

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 10:26 PM

I’m beyond tired of catering to people who didn’t get vaccinated. The NYT article I read about LA county masking back up stated that while a lot of people were vaccinated and thus protected from the Delta strain, there were still many not. Who fucking cares? That’s their problem at this point. I also don’t give a shit kids can’t get vaccinated. When were the children’s hospitals ever overrun? Remember when schools were returning to classroom learning and everyone against it said “it’s not about the students, it’s about protecting the staff!” 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 15, 2021 11:06 PM

The only people that care about any of this are already vaccinated. It's just that they're miserable people and want every one else to share their misery.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 16, 2021 12:02 AM

I don’t think anyone who not vaccinated wants anyone to cater to them Democrats just want people to cater to their fears

Fri, Jul 16, 2021 5:11 AM

I’m beyond tired of catering to people who didn’t get vaccinated. The NYT article I read about LA county masking back up stated that while a lot of people were vaccinated and thus protected from the Delta strain, there were still many not. Who fucking cares? That’s their problem at this point. I also don’t give a shit kids can’t get vaccinated. When were the children’s hospitals ever overrun? Remember when schools were returning to classroom learning and everyone against it said “it’s not about the students, it’s about protecting the staff!” 

Agreed, except I’ve long been tired of catering to ANYONE who still wants to live in fear. Your safety is not my responsibility nor is it the state’s. As I said a couple days ago, if you are still ok with ANY type of restrictions you can go fuck yourself.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jul 17, 2021 9:23 AM

This is fascinating, on many many levels.   Who knew the NFL had so many Tucker Carlson followers?  Or it's another bullshit narrative and the unvaccinated aren't all just ignorant Trump voters....

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/07/16/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-covid-19-vaccines-training-camp/stories/202107160095

So 30% of players still haven't been vaccinated, despite being subjected to daily testing if they haven't been vaccinated?  Not the most encouraging evidence - just short of an "employer mandate" and compliance is barely higher than the national average.

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 9:42 AM

Why is the NFL even mass testing the best athletes in the world at this point?

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 17, 2021 9:43 AM

Of course it's a bullshit narrative.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login