Covid-19 discussion, continued...

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 11, 2021 11:27 AM
posted by Spock

LOL, grammar cop wrong.  Would have is a past tense way to describe something like could have or should have.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Mar 11, 2021 12:39 PM
posted by Spock

LOL, grammar cop wrong.  Would have is a past tense way to describe something like could have or should have.  

Think he may have been pulling your leg little fella.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 11, 2021 2:23 PM
posted by like_that

I still remember some of us saying "watch, they will drag this out until they take out Trump," and dumbasses like SnL were like "LOL guISe iT'S ReALLy NoT DaT HaRD 2 StAY HoME."

FIFY

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Mar 11, 2021 6:19 PM
posted by Gardens35

Today's news....https://www.wkbn.com/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-in-ohio-thursday-update-dewine-briefing-scheduled-for-2pm-23/

He is the most cringe worthy person ever.  Painful to watch his inability to articulate anything.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 12, 2021 1:38 PM
posted by Spock

He is the most cringe worthy person ever.  Painful to watch his inability to articulate anything.

Are you familiar with irony?

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 12, 2021 1:54 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Posting history says that's a definite no. All caps, multiple exclamation points and lots of laughing to go with it.

Fri, Mar 12, 2021 1:56 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Hell yeah.  Mom told me to go to my job interview with my shirt this way.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 12, 2021 1:57 PM

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 12, 2021 3:45 PM

NCAA tournament is going to be loads of fun when teams keep having to drop out because someone tested positive. 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Mar 13, 2021 12:30 PM

The wife and I finally got our first shot today (Moderna).  😀

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Mar 13, 2021 12:51 PM

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/13/fauci-i-might-modify-statements-about-vaccinated-people-transmitting-virus-in-a-few-months-to-say-it-would-be-extremely-unusual/

Fauci "might" modify things.....he can straight fuck off.  I thought science determined that.  Science isnt going to change 

Sat, Mar 13, 2021 1:26 PM
posted by Spock

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/13/fauci-i-might-modify-statements-about-vaccinated-people-transmitting-virus-in-a-few-months-to-say-it-would-be-extremely-unusual/

Fauci "might" modify things.....he can straight fuck off.  I thought science determined that.  Science isnt going to change 

Just keep on letting that Breitbart get you all fired up. It's good for your long-term health and peace of mind. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Mar 13, 2021 1:59 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Just keep on letting that Breitbart get you all fired up. It's good for your long-term health and peace of mind. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem is here.  The trial data didn't tell us anything about asymptomatic transmission, because they only tested people who had symptoms.

Now we're getting more data, and with contract tracing it looks like people who have been vaccinated aren't spreading virus.  And whether they can still get an asymptomatic infection isn't all that relevant if they aren't spreading it.

His position here seems to be extremely conservative, but that's kind of how doctors are, especially with deadly pandemics.  Opening everything up while still requiring masks and social distancing seems more than sufficient at this point.  And, IMO, we should be back to normal by the end of May.  Of course, some of the nanny states/cities will probably keep mandates in place until at least the fall.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Mar 13, 2021 2:10 PM

Meanwhile....everyone was cheering the "superior" EU response to the pandemic, despite virtually no evidence they handled it better than the US.  And now their cases are rising, spurring NEW lockdowns while the pandemic in the US is dropping like a rock.  So much for the "superior healthcare" in the EU...

Also, Astrazeneca vax is being pulled after a number of cases of severe blood clots.  South Africa had already rejected it because it had minimal effectiveness against the new variant there.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Mar 13, 2021 3:42 PM
posted by gut

Meanwhile....everyone was cheering the "superior" EU response to the pandemic, despite virtually no evidence they handled it better than the US.  And now their cases are rising, spurring NEW lockdowns while the pandemic in the US is dropping like a rock.  So much for the "superior healthcare" in the EU...

Also, Astrazeneca vax is being pulled after a number of cases of severe blood clots.  South Africa had already rejected it because it had minimal effectiveness against the new variant there.

Most EU countries have been on tight restrictions  and lockdowns since November.  There is nothing new about these lockdowns.  Lockdowns and restrictions have been a failure policy for over a year now, yet politcians can't think of any other "solutions."

gut Senior Member
Sat, Mar 13, 2021 4:01 PM
posted by like_that

Lockdowns and restrictions have been a failure policy for over a year now, yet politcians can't think of any other "solutions."

What's going to happen when we have the true 1 in a 100 year pandemic?  Something that will be 10-20X as deadly as Covid and wipe out 10% of the global population.  It is a very real possibility, probably within the next 20 years, because we've seen that mortality with SARS and MERS already, and now the transmissability with Covid.

We've seen that these pseduo-lockdowns don't accomplish much.  At the same time, you can't shutdown basic services.  And in that scenario, how do you even keep the supply chains open?  Extreme preppers don't look so crazy any more...

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Mar 13, 2021 4:36 PM

Oh so does where the link comes form mitigate the fact that he actually said that?  No it doesnt.  Fauci is an idiot and obviously isnt the smartest person in the room

Sat, Mar 13, 2021 5:04 PM
posted by Spock

Oh so does where the link comes form mitigate the fact that he actually said that?  No it doesnt.  Fauci is an idiot and obviously isnt the smartest person in the room

All I'm saying is that I wasn't aware and didn't care about what he said until you predictably got irate after reading about it. My day's going fine and he has no impact on it. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Mar 13, 2021 5:28 PM

All I'm saying is that I wasn't aware and didn't care about what he said until you predictably got irate after reading about it. My day's going fine and he has no impact on it. 

It's also kind of irrelevant because mask and distancing mandates aren't going away until [guessing] at least 60% of the population has been vaccinated.  I don't see that happening in the next few months before Fauci has the data to render a scientific opinion.

Basically, all Fauci said was "I strongly suspect this...but don't have the data to issue an official recommendation".  I really don't understand what's so objectionable about that.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login