Covid-19 discussion, continued...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 10:16 AM

Bars should be a shit show this weekend lol. I will still be tired by 11 tho. I get the vaccine on Monday on a side note 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 10:36 AM
posted by like_that

I got my 2nd dose about 8 hours ago.  So far I feel fine, but I am embracing to feel like shit tomorrow.

I had a mild headache, slight chills, and felt achy yesterday 24 hours after the shot.  Today I actually feel pretty great.  Some of my coworkers were hit hard.  A couple puked the same day they received the 2nd jab and they were waking up in full sweat with drenched clothes.  

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 11:00 AM

I have not heard one talking point by anyone that people should get an antibody test about 4 weeks after the vaccine to make sure it worked.

Why not?  $25 to know you are good.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 12:12 PM
posted by justincredible

Thank you, dad.

Living in Alabama has its good and bad points.  With respect to COVID, it's all good.  None of this nonsense down here.  

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 12:17 PM
posted by Spock

I dont understand why these stupid ass politicians cant just come on and say "We have been at this for over a year now, adults can make their own decisions about going out to dinner, wearing a mask or not, what time to go home......I think we all know enough now to make our own decisions."

Seriously????

1) Shows they actually lack power

2) Shows they have no actual fucking idea

3) Shows they are wrong, never admit being wrong

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 9:12 PM
posted by Spock

THese people are idiots.  I thought following science was their motto?  Science says that if we have antibodies from a vaccine or illness we are immune.  immunity should last FOREVER.  Thats how our immune system works.  

Antibodies for most respiratory viruses like the cold, flu, sars, and COVID-19 typically last in your body for about 6-12 months.

They aren’t forever, which is part of the reason the flu vaccine is a yearly thing (other reason is each year there are flu variations).

I guess they don’t teach that in kickball class?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Feb 12, 2021 10:10 PM

E.T. was an asshole. There's a reason his ship probably left him behind on purpose. He stays back and essentially ruins a single mom's home and her family. He causes Elliott to give up on school, gets drunk and wrecks the kitchen, helps himself to any devices he finds around the house and disassembles them randomly, almost causes Elliott to die of hypothermia, steals food, drinks and clothes, flatlines Elliott in some sort of twisted suicide game, allows government agents to destroy Elliott's house, leads the kids on a almost fatal bike chase, breaks everyone's heart by leaving, says thank you to no one and finally has the balls to tell Elliott to "be good" before he runs away from the warzone he's left behind. 

Spock Senior Member
Sat, Feb 13, 2021 7:55 AM
posted by jmog

Antibodies for most respiratory viruses like the cold, flu, sars, and COVID-19 typically last in your body for about 6-12 months.

They aren’t forever, which is part of the reason the flu vaccine is a yearly thing (other reason is each year there are flu variations).

I guess they don’t teach that in kickball class?

Lets educate you a little:

1.  THe Flu virus mutates every year.  Just enough that your antibidies you create from getting it doesnt protect you fully if contracted again.

2.  Common cold viruses like rhinovirus have dozens of variations.  Having immunity from 10 of them still means that there are 20 other ones floating around out there.

3.  If a virus is stable and doesnt change (chicken pox, measles, mumps, rubella) once you have created antibodies.....you have immunity for a lifetime.

4.  So far Covids main strain and varients have all been reported to be controlled by antibodies from getting the illness or from getting the vaccine.  That means once you get it, your done.  So at this point yes THEY ARE FOREVER.  THATS HOW THE IMMUNE SYSTEM WORKS

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 13, 2021 12:01 PM

Or not.

https://sciencenorway.no/forskningno-immune-system-norway/this-is-how-your-immune-systems-memory-works/1431621

Article both says the immune system's memory isn't perfect and that variants on a disease can trick it. Remember, kids: science = good; painfully stupid kickball teachers = bad.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Feb 13, 2021 3:45 PM
posted by Spock

Lets educate you a little:

1.  THe Flu virus mutates every year.  Just enough that your antibidies you create from getting it doesnt protect you fully if contracted again.

2.  Common cold viruses like rhinovirus have dozens of variations.  Having immunity from 10 of them still means that there are 20 other ones floating around out there.

3.  If a virus is stable and doesnt change (chicken pox, measles, mumps, rubella) once you have created antibodies.....you have immunity for a lifetime.

4.  So far Covids main strain and varients have all been reported to be controlled by antibodies from getting the illness or from getting the vaccine.  That means once you get it, your done.  So at this point yes THEY ARE FOREVER.  THATS HOW THE IMMUNE SYSTEM WORKS

Congratulations on posting something else proving your ignorance. 

Is it 0.1 or 0.01 again?

Spock Senior Member
Sun, Feb 14, 2021 1:35 PM

https://youtu.be/n-faWIWFMTE

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Feb 14, 2021 9:42 PM
posted by Spock

https://youtu.be/n-faWIWFMTE

Did you ever figure out where you caught Covid from?

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Feb 15, 2021 7:59 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Did you ever figure out where you caught Covid from?

Hard to say.  I am around 500+ people a day.  Surprised it took me that long to get it.  Probably one of my kids.

Funny thing is that my wife got it 4 weeks later and it wasnt from me .  I didnt give it to anyone around me.

After almost 8 weeks, still cant taste or smell

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 15, 2021 8:55 AM

BASED Aussie.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Feb 15, 2021 9:09 AM

A little off topic but I guess , with Covid, the scumbags are coming out of the woodworks.

Received a letter from Ohio unemployment about the "claim" that I filed and my PIN number to access my account. I guess this has been running rampant here in Ohio as a coworker got a 1099-G for her unemployment claim and I know of two others who have received this. I haven't been unemployed for close to 30 years. People are trying to cash in.

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Feb 15, 2021 10:11 AM
posted by BR1986FB

A little off topic but I guess , with Covid, the scumbags are coming out of the woodworks.

Received a letter from Ohio unemployment about the "claim" that I filed and my PIN number to access my account. I guess this has been running rampant here in Ohio as a coworker got a 1099-G for her unemployment claim and I know of two others who have received this. I haven't been unemployed for close to 30 years. People are trying to cash in.

Yea I sent my bank account numbers to a Nigerian once because they said I had a bunch of money they were going to give me.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 15, 2021 10:17 AM

My wife had the same happen to her, only it was out of Pennsylvania. 

I saw where people are advised to not turn in that 1099-G with your tax return. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Feb 15, 2021 10:31 AM
posted by BRF

I went online to the Ohio Unemployment website and filed a fraud claim, contacted my accountant to give him a heads up and went online to get free credit monitoring.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 15, 2021 2:06 PM
posted by Spock

Hard to say.  I am around 500+ people a day.  Surprised it took me that long to get it.  Probably one of my kids.

Funny thing is that my wife got it 4 weeks later and it wasnt from me .  I didnt give it to anyone around me.

After almost 8 weeks, still cant taste or smell

Then eating at Taco Bell should not be a problem for you. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 15, 2021 2:08 PM
posted by BRF

Thankfully, the PA mail-in ballots were all legit.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login