Covid-19 discussion, continued...

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:01 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

The actual study is here: 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7007e1.htm?s_cid=mm7007e1_w%20[cdc.gov]

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/effective-masks.html

In lab tests with dummies...

Sounds very sciency.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:03 PM
posted by justincredible
In lab tests with dummies...

Sounds very sciency.

LOL. Yeah. 

I took from it just wear a tighter double sided cloth mask, which I have been doing for months. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:08 PM
posted by gut

So Fauci recommended two masks, and then he said two masks is redundant.  And now the CDC recommends two masks.

Really glad to see Fauci following the science under Biden.  He's useless, and STILL one of the main people spreading misinformation.  Everyone understands it can be a moving target, but there's no excusing the above as following good science.

You mean the guy that admitted he purposely moved the goal posts is useless? 

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:44 PM

We've been doing this for 10 months. I'm sure this video will finally eliminate COVID.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:50 PM
posted by iclfan2

What happened to "following the science"? Same thing with Biden's school opening plan, a bit underwhelming. His plan is to have at least 50% of schools with in-person classes 1 day a week. Pretty sure that is already happening, and is terribly low bar to set. 

Low Bar is his 100 Million doses in 100 days. We were averaging above 1 million doses a day before Trump left office.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:51 PM
posted by like_that

You mean the guy that admitted he purposely moved the goal posts is useless? 

Yeah, I was slower to realize that then other people.  I understood not recommending masks early on (even the WHO did that, I believe).  But pretty much all they had to do was call Amazon to save masks for hospitals, and then show people how to make their own masks.  I guess they didn't think masks would help because they didn't think it was airborne, but apparently they did based on that Trump interview.

And now the CDC is recommending against homemade masks.  Yeah, better masks are available, but are the homemade completely useless?  Seems like more bad and misguided communication.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:54 PM
posted by sportchampps

Low Bar is his 100 Million doses in 100 days. We were averaging above 1 million doses a day before Trump left office.

Set the goal where you already are and you almost can't fail to accomplish it!

The media needs to call him on it and ask if "where we are today" is actually an acceptable standard.  They tend to be very snarky and dismissive of questions they don't like, which really is kind of a non-verbal Trump-like lie.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 3:59 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I took from it just wear a tighter double sided cloth mask, which I have been doing for months. 

I normally just wear a KN95 mask - I rotate through about 6 and re-use. Just disinfected them, but now they smell like I baked them with a towel (which is actually how you disinfect them).

Although I have a cloth mask that has a pouch for a KN95 mask, so I may start using that.

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 4:45 PM

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 4:52 PM

It says they would work with local and state officials on any sort of restrictions. I can't imagine DeSantis going along with any travel restrictions.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 6:58 PM

The numbers in Ohio have been really promising. I think DeWine may lift the curfew tomorrow. Our Covid ICU was empty last night. 

The double masking can fuck off. Wearing just one mask and being safe is good enough. The spread is from people gathering and not wearing a mask at all. Now you’ll have some people wearing two (and being just as safe as they already were), wearing one like always, or still not wearing any at all. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 7:03 PM
posted by justincredible

It says they would work with local and state officials on any sort of restrictions. I can't imagine DeSantis going along with any travel restrictions.

So they’re still pretending Florida isn’t doing better then say Ny? Get fucked. They’ve been mostly open too and still not as bad per capita as some, with a much older population. What a clown show. Desantis might ride this to running in 2024. 

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:11 PM
posted by justincredible

What about protest marches, are they still okay?

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:28 PM
posted by iclfan2

So they’re still pretending Florida isn’t doing better then say Ny? Get fucked. They’ve been mostly open too and still not as bad per capita as some, with a much older population. What a clown show. Desantis might ride this to running in 2024. 

We've thrown around the idea of moving to Florida in the last few weeks. We're already for sure going in July. We might be going in April and October as well. A lot of pros and very few cons for us at this point in our lives.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:34 PM
posted by justincredible

We've thrown around the idea of moving to Florida in the last few weeks. We're already for sure going in July. We might be going in April and October as well. A lot of pros and very few cons for us at this point in our lives.

That OC ad revenue will be tax free

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:38 PM
posted by justincredible

I was just saying this to my wife tonight. It’ll never happen as all our family is in this region but every February I wonder why I’m living somewhere where ice and snow make life so miserable. It’s 70 degrees in south Florida right now. But a couple months from now it’ll be a moot point and I won’t care anymore. 

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:54 PM
posted by gut

That OC ad revenue will be tax free

So little comes anymore I stopped getting a 1099 from google. 

But getting back 5% of our incomes and paying a lot less in property tax is a definite pro. 

Pros:
Taxes
Year-round golf
Abundance of water
Forward thinking cities considering bitcoin
Spring Training baseball
Five Skyline Chili locations

Cons:
Alligators
Hurricanes
Heat

The cons are all nature, I can adjust to that.

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:55 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I was just saying this to my wife tonight. It’ll never happen as all our family is in this region but every February I wonder why I’m living somewhere where ice and snow make life so miserable. It’s 70 degrees in south Florida right now. But a couple months from now it’ll be a moot point and I won’t care anymore. 

I'd put the odds of it actually happening at 30%, but we're both open to it at this point. It's the first time we've both agreed without hesitation on a potential relocation...location.

Wed, Feb 10, 2021 8:57 PM

This is unreal.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login