Covid-19 discussion, continued...

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 10:04 PM

This thread is dumb and you should all feel bad. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 10:05 PM
posted by jmog

Your last paragraph is full of crap and you know it. We don’t KNOW it will kill millions every year.  

Ummm, 1.3M dead globally about 8-9 months in.  So, yeah, if it's allowed to mutate there's a good chance "millions dead" annually is accurate.  That's why you don't fuck around when you have vaccines literally around the corner that can wipe it out.

You guys have to let it get go and stop making up your own facts to justify indefensible positions.

Sat, Nov 14, 2020 10:09 PM
posted by geeblock

Cambridge oh , Newark, marion oh, have tons of people who don’t wear masks 

Can confirm there are people in Newark that don’t wear masks. Still don’t know a single person from Newark that has tested positive.

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 10:09 PM
posted by justincredible

This thread is dumb and you should all feel bad.

No fever, lungs feel fine, I don't feel bad at all
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 10:10 PM
posted by Verbal Kint
No fever, lungs feel fine, I don't feel bad at all

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 10:19 PM
posted by gut

Ummm, 1.3M dead globally about 8-9 months in.  So, yeah, if it's allowed to mutate there's a good chance "millions dead" annually is accurate.  That's why you don't fuck around when you have vaccines literally around the corner that can wipe it out.

You guys have to let it get go and stop making up your own facts to justify indefensible positions.

Did you just accuse people of making up their own facts after posting that we KNOW IT WILL KILL MILLIONS EVERY YEAR?

Come on man, you are really going down the rabbit hole.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 3:35 AM
posted by Fab4Runner

Lol ok! I went to one outdoor march where literally everyone was wearing a mask and distanced, and then quarantined afterward. (That's sort of important! Zero people got sick and zero people died because of me.) No bars, no restaurants, no baby showers, no baptisms, no birthday parties, no weddings, haven't been to any store but a grocery...but yeah I've been a hypocrite this "entire thread" because of one outdoor activity that was just as risky as hiking at a crowded metropark. Sure! 

Am I perfect? No. Would I go to a wedding and then not quarantine? Would I go to work or out in public while symptomatic? Do I cry about masks? No.

I'm extremely close with my family and friends. I miss them. I haven't hugged anyone but my husband since March. I'm also willing to Zoom or text or call until it's safe to be together again. 

And jmog, you're the most pretentious dick on this site, so GFY. 

Did you go to a march that only had 7 people?
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 3:51 AM
posted by gut

That's some serious strawman bullshit.  No one has said, or is saying, you can't see friends or family.  That has really never been the case throughout this.  The most serious restrictions have said to limit gatherings to 6 or 10 people, and take some responsible precautions.  No one is being prevented from seeing friends or family, and never has.  The people locked down in their room on cruise ships - THEY had something to complain about.

You act like if everything isn't completely open it's some massive hardship.  I think you have it completely backwards - it's the people who won't be inconvenienced who are spreading this, and then bitching when more heavy-handed tactics are used to limit their ability to act like selfish assholes.

Hate to break it to you, but war has casualties.  We may have a real chance to wipe this out.  The sad reality is we are trying to chart a path that results in the fewest deaths.  People are well aware of the mental health issues and other long-term problems.  But if you don't wipe this thing out, if you give it a chance to mutate then we KNOW millions of people will die globally EVERY YEAR.

It's based off what you said.  And yes, people are discouraging people to see their friends and family, especially during Thanksgiving.  Did you just wake up a week ago to find out about COVID? Also, google "Thanksgiving COVID."  You will be flooded with the same "guise it's just a minor inconvenience" attitude you and some others are bringing here.  You don't get to determine what is a big deal to people or not.  You also don't get to determine that these lockdowns aren't a hardship for people, just because it's only a "minor inconvenience" to you.  I swear you think people are only complaining, because they can't go to a bar. That's just simply not reality. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 4:54 AM
posted by like_that

You don't get to determine what is a big deal to people or not.  You also don't get to determine that these lockdowns aren't a hardship for people, just because it's only a "minor inconvenience" to you.  I swear you think people are only complaining, because they can't go to a bar. That's just simply not reality. 

Good points. I had to leave the Ohio subreddit because I was so sick of people saying stuff like  “we had to open things back up prematurely because we just couldn’t go without haircuts and Applebee’s!” It’s a very lazy and close-minded way of thinking.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 5:09 AM
posted by jmog

Did you just accuse people of making up their own facts after posting that we KNOW IT WILL KILL MILLIONS EVERY YEAR?

Come on man, you are really going down the rabbit hole.

LMAO....you've been such an ignorant hack in this thread I'm starting to question your educational claims.
gut Senior Member
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 5:11 AM
posted by like_that

It's based off what you said.  And yes, people are discouraging people to see their friends and family, especially during Thanksgiving.  Did you just wake up a week ago to find out about COVID? Also, google "Thanksgiving COVID."  You will be flooded with the same "guise it's just a minor inconvenience" attitude you and some others are bringing here.  You don't get to determine what is a big deal to people or not.  You also don't get to determine that these lockdowns aren't a hardship for people, just because it's only a "minor inconvenience" to you.  I swear you think people are only complaining, because they can't go to a bar. That's just simply not reality.

Ummm, ok.  You got your undies in a bunch over people not being able to see families and friends.  You were told that's Alex Jones level bullshit.  And you respond with this crap. Stop promoting the garbage that not being able to go to bars is a hardship.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.  Don't be JMOG doing an impression of QO on drugs.

Sun, Nov 15, 2020 5:24 AM
posted by gut

Ummm, ok.  You got your undies in a bunch over people not being able to see families and friends.  You were told that's Alex Jones level bullshit.  And you respond with this crap.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.  Don't be JMOG doing an impression of QO on drugs.

lol ok gut, we get it.  You are the "smartest" guy on this site, you make good money working from home, and you're content staying at home with your cable and Netflix.    I didn't expect you to go full S&L on us, but here you are not being able to handle the fact people here disagree with your take (for good reasons).   You were given legitimate counter arguments from me, jmog, and heretic and your first instinct is to claim "Alex Jones."  Talk about being out of touch with reality and a butt hurt bitch, because not everyone is buying what you're selling.   You definitely fall into the privileged and boring life categories, so of course you're ok with a lockdown. 

Cue gut's next predictable post letting us know how smart he is sprinkled in with half ass insults.  

Sun, Nov 15, 2020 5:45 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Good points. I had to leave the Ohio subreddit because I was so sick of people saying stuff like  “we had to open things back up prematurely because we just couldn’t go without haircuts and Applebee’s!” It’s a very lazy and close-minded way of thinking.

It never fails.  Most people who bring up pro lockdown arguments, use these type of examples. 

A lot of people accept the fact there is a lot of grey area when it comes to this shit (i.e. overburdened hospitals, economy, mental well being, physical well being, anecdotal stories about selfish people, etc.), so coming in with weak ass arguments like that won't be received well.  When someone comes in with those type of arguments he/she is downplaying the severity of a lockdown, just as much as he/she thinks others are downplaying the severity of COVID.

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 7:42 AM

The sanctimony in this thread would be hilarious if it weren't for the fact the kindergarteners can't see each other smile or hug their friends, I know, minor inconvenience

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 8:58 AM
posted by gut
LMAO....you've been such an ignorant hack in this thread I'm starting to question your educational claims.

Says the guy that says we KNOW it will kill millions next year and every year if we don’t find a vaccine.

Pay attention to the death rates and how low it has gone as hospitals have learned what treatments work. Even if we never have a vaccine and this becomes just like the seasonal flu every year, statistics say we won’t see millions of deaths each year.  

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 9:00 AM
posted by gut

Ummm, ok.  You got your undies in a bunch over people not being able to see families and friends.  You were told that's Alex Jones level bullshit.  And you respond with this crap. Stop promoting the garbage that not being able to go to bars is a hardship.

Gut has now gone full Stupid on this thread. Never go full stupid.

OSH Kosh B'Gosh
4,424 posts 18 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 9:13 AM

My hometown school district just went full virtual until beginning of December. They said there have been increasing numbers. Last I knew, there were 18 active cases and they had their first death during the whole pandemic within the last 1-2 weeks.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 9:48 AM
posted by OSH

My hometown school district just went full virtual until beginning of December. They said there have been increasing numbers. Last I knew, there were 18 active cases and they had their first death during the whole pandemic within the last 1-2 weeks.

Our local school is still having in school and my 17 year old goes there.

My 14 year old goes to a private school specifically for his autism and they have gone full virtual until January.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 10:24 AM
posted by Verbal Kint

The sanctimony in this thread would be hilarious if it weren't for the fact the kindergarteners can't see each other smile or hug their friends, I know, minor inconvenience

I will say though I’m outside with class every decent day and kindergarten kids are definitely smiling and hugging each other...and it’s refreshing. Zero cases.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 15, 2020 4:09 PM
posted by justincredible

Can confirm there are people in Newark that don’t wear masks. Still don’t know a single person from Newark that has tested positive.

NERK

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login