Covid-19 discussion, continued...

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 1:10 AM
posted by Fab4Runner

Oh and I also live in Akron and there are plenty of people here who do not wear masks and who love to crowd people in line. I see it every time I go to the grocery store or gas station. There is not 95% mask usage here. 

Sorry to break it to you, but you don't even follow your own arbitrary set of rules.  You went to a large gathering (BLM march), because it was "important" to you.  Just like it is important for people to spend thanksgiving with their family, go to weddings, go to the bar/restaurant to see friends, etc. 

You have been nothing, but a hypocrite this entire thread. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 1:44 AM
posted by jmog

People are tired, tired emotionally, physically, and mentally. Suicide rates are up something like 700% during lockdowns. Lock it down again, people get laid off at Christmas and suicides go up even more. The small gains from lockdowns would just be off set by mental health problems it causes, economic problems it causes, etc.

This will be ignored, just like it has been ignored in the US for over a decade.  Mental heath is a (increasingly) huge issue in the US.  Yet we have people saying shit like "guise it's just a minor inconvenience not to spend much time with your family for a year, not to spend thanksgiving/xmas with your family, etc..." or "it's really not that difficult to be a recluse in your home for (up to the arbitrary amount of time people have been strung along for with no end in sight)."

People who say this shit *usually* fall into one or a mixture of these categories:  privileged, have a steady paycheck working from home, don't or never have owned a business, don't care about family time (or time with friends), live too far away and normally does not spend much time with family, introverted, have kids (aka stay home anyway), or always lived boring a boring life anyway. 

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 7:52 AM
posted by like_that

Sorry to break it to you, but you don't even follow your own arbitrary set of rules.  You went to a large gathering (BLM march), because it was "important" to you.  Just like it is important for people to spend thanksgiving with their family, go to weddings, go to the bar/restaurant to see friends, etc. 

Postivite hypocrisy cases have been increasing tremendously over the last 9 months

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 8:10 AM
posted by like_that

I forgot about that.

Fab used to be ok, not sure what happened.

But once she insinuated I would minimalize someone’s death because they were old...

Fuck her.

Fab, don’t bring up some selfish asshole story about a wedding when you went to protests which had far more people in them. 

Talk about hypocritical selfish asshole.

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 9:22 AM

Lol ok! I went to one outdoor march where literally everyone was wearing a mask and distanced, and then quarantined afterward. (That's sort of important! Zero people got sick and zero people died because of me.) No bars, no restaurants, no baby showers, no baptisms, no birthday parties, no weddings, haven't been to any store but a grocery...but yeah I've been a hypocrite this "entire thread" because of one outdoor activity that was just as risky as hiking at a crowded metropark. Sure! 

Am I perfect? No. Would I go to a wedding and then not quarantine? Would I go to work or out in public while symptomatic? Do I cry about masks? No.

I'm extremely close with my family and friends. I miss them. I haven't hugged anyone but my husband since March. I'm also willing to Zoom or text or call until it's safe to be together again. 

And jmog, you're the most pretentious dick on this site, so GFY. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 10:45 AM

Cambridge oh , Newark, marion oh, have tons of people who don’t wear masks 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 11:09 AM
posted by geeblock

Every non-big city area does

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 12:35 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

No bars, no restaurants, no baby showers, no baptisms, no birthday parties, no weddings, haven't been to any store but a grocery

I'm extremely close with my family and friends. I miss them. I haven't hugged anyone but my husband since March. 

That sounds miserable.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 12:45 PM

Everyone’s back to panic buying in Columbus. TP and Paper Towels are all gone. My wife’s gluten free so I’m hoping I can find some Rice when I head out later today

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 1:00 PM
posted by iclfan2

That sounds miserable.

I actually hate hugging and shopping, so it's been nice. 

jmog Senior Member
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 5:13 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

Lol ok! I went to one outdoor march where literally everyone was wearing a mask and distanced, and then quarantined afterward. (That's sort of important! Zero people got sick and zero people died because of me.) No bars, no restaurants, no baby showers, no baptisms, no birthday parties, no weddings, haven't been to any store but a grocery...but yeah I've been a hypocrite this "entire thread" because of one outdoor activity that was just as risky as hiking at a crowded metropark. Sure! 

Am I perfect? No. Would I go to a wedding and then not quarantine? Would I go to work or out in public while symptomatic? Do I cry about masks? No.

I'm extremely close with my family and friends. I miss them. I haven't hugged anyone but my husband since March. I'm also willing to Zoom or text or call until it's safe to be together again. 

And jmog, you're the most pretentious dick on this site, so GFY. 

Fuck you for your last post saying I would minimize someone’s death. 

And seriously, you don’t know if anyone got sick or died from your protest. Talk about pretentious bitch “well my shit don’t stink because it was a protest!” Bull shit.

Unless you called every single person that was at that protest and called everyone they came in contact within 14 days after that protest you saying “no one got sick and no one died” is high horse pretentious bull shit.

And until you can find me minimalizing ANYONE’S death you owe me a fucking apology.

Fuck you bitch and your high horse pretentious bull shit.

Quote me one time saying anything like you insinuated and I will 100% apologize for my four letter word insanity on you right now. I will admit I was wrong both then (the quote) and now.

If you can’t apologize for being wrong.

jmog Senior Member
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 5:21 PM
posted by geeblock

I am not saying you are wrong. Just giving my experience in those areas (not Marion) from today.

Just one day of experience down in southern Ohio.

My wife and I just today hiked at Hocking Hills (you know, what Fab is trying to play off as just as dangerous as going to a BLM protest).  We were in Logan at a hotel last night, stopped in Newark and Cambridge on the way back at country stores, and everyone had masks on.

The only place where it was more like a 60/40 proposition (60 percent masks) was at Hocking Hills, but given one way trails and the fact that everyone stayed 15+ feet away from each other it was understandable.  

In all 3 southern Ohio cities, at the places we stopped in doors, mask rules were followed well.  

Just giving personal experience from today.

I saw 3 people out of about 60ish that were in doors and didn’t have a mask, and all 3 were off in a corner of the hotel lobby by themselves (hunting father and sons planning their spot the next day while we were checking in).

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 5:55 PM
posted by jmog

Fuck you for your last post saying I would minimize someone’s death. 

And seriously, you don’t know if anyone got sick or died from your protest. Talk about pretentious bitch “well my shit don’t stink because it was a protest!” Bull shit.

Unless you called every single person that was at that protest and called everyone they came in contact within 14 days after that protest you saying “no one got sick and no one died” is high horse pretentious bull shit.

And until you can find me minimalizing ANYONE’S death you owe me a fucking apology.

Fuck you bitch and your high horse pretentious bull shit.

Quote me one time saying anything like you insinuated and I will 100% apologize for my four letter word insanity on you right now. I will admit I was wrong both then (the quote) and now.

If you can’t apologize for being wrong.

Dude I don't care if you ever apologize to me. You're not the first person to call me a bitch and you won't be the last. 🤷🏼‍♀️ You're extremely worked up over a stranger on a message board. Go take another hike and relax. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 6:45 PM
posted by like_that

Yet we have people saying shit like "guise it's just a minor inconvenience not to spend much time with your family for a year, not to spend thanksgiving/xmas with your family, etc..." e anyway.

That's some serious strawman bullshit.  No one has said, or is saying, you can't see friends or family.  That has really never been the case throughout this.  The most serious restrictions have said to limit gatherings to 6 or 10 people, and take some responsible precautions.  No one is being prevented from seeing friends or family, and never has.  The people locked down in their room on cruise ships - THEY had something to complain about.

You act like if everything isn't completely open it's some massive hardship.  I think you have it completely backwards - it's the people who won't be inconvenienced who are spreading this, and then bitching when more heavy-handed tactics are used to limit their ability to act like selfish assholes.

Hate to break it to you, but war has casualties.  We may have a real chance to wipe this out.  The sad reality is we are trying to chart a path that results in the fewest deaths.  People are well aware of the mental health issues and other long-term problems.  But if you don't wipe this thing out, if you give it a chance to mutate then we KNOW millions of people will die globally EVERY YEAR.

Sat, Nov 14, 2020 8:17 PM

We need more virtue signaling on this thread

jmog Senior Member
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 8:25 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

Dude I don't care if you ever apologize to me. You're not the first person to call me a bitch and you won't be the last. 🤷🏼‍♀️ You're extremely worked up over a stranger on a message board. Go take another hike and relax. 

Aka “I was wrong and won’t admit it”

Go to another mass protest and then be holier than though about people taking risks.

You are the one saying someone would down play a persons death and won’t woman up and admit to saying something completely asinine.

Unless you found me doing so somewhere and are ready to quote it?

jmog Senior Member
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 8:31 PM
posted by gut

That's some serious strawman bullshit.  No one has said, or is saying, you can't see friends or family.  That has really never been the case throughout this.  The most serious restrictions have said to limit gatherings to 6 or 10 people, and take some responsible precautions.  No one is being prevented from seeing friends or family, and never has.  The people locked down in their room on cruise ships - THEY had something to complain about.

You act like if everything isn't completely open it's some massive hardship.  I think you have it completely backwards - it's the people who won't be inconvenienced who are spreading this, and then bitching when more heavy-handed tactics are used to limit their ability to act like selfish assholes.

Hate to break it to you, but war has casualties.  We may have a real chance to wipe this out.  The sad reality is we are trying to chart a path that results in the fewest deaths.  People are well aware of the mental health issues and other long-term problems.  But if you don't wipe this thing out, if you give it a chance to mutate then we KNOW millions of people will die globally EVERY YEAR.

Your last paragraph is full of crap and you know it. We don’t KNOW it will kill millions every year. 

You say he used straw man yet you end with that bull crap?

This isn’t the mobile game Plague, Inc this is the real world.  

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 8:54 PM

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Nov 14, 2020 9:51 PM

No one should 

*checks notes 

Call a girl a bitch 

Not once in my whole life