Covid-19 discussion, continued...

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 4:06 PM
posted by justincredible

We'll be biting the bullet through most of 2021 as well. Mental health be damned.

Assuming a vaccine works 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 4:17 PM

We have a very large thanksgiving gathering every year.  Attended by nearly all of my paternal grandparents descendants.  I have pictures of my grandparents holding my granddaughter at the gathering.  

My grandpa passed away in July of 2019 so last year was the first year without him.  I have attended this thanksgiving gathering every year I have been on this earth (47yrs).  When my grandma passes it will probably end and break into the smaller family units.

There will be high risk family members there namely grandma.  Any one could be her last.  There are family members she hardly sees outside of this gathering.  Reality is no one is guaranteed another day.  Fauci can shove his bullet.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 4:53 PM
posted by majorspark

We have a very large thanksgiving gathering every year.  Attended by nearly all of my paternal grandparents descendants.  I have pictures of my grandparents holding my granddaughter at the gathering.  

My grandpa passed away in July of 2019 so last year was the first year without him.  I have attended this thanksgiving gathering every year I have been on this earth (47yrs).  When my grandma passes it will probably end and break into the smaller family units.

There will be high risk family members there namely grandma.  Any one could be her last.  There are family members she hardly sees outside of this gathering.  Reality is no one is guaranteed another day.  Fauci can shove his bullet.

If everyone gets tested in the days before thanksgiving I think you should be fine 

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 5:07 PM

You can bet your grannies life on ot

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 6:03 PM
posted by justincredible

We'll be biting the bullet through most of 2021 as well. Mental health be damned.

I was informed by a person on this board that mental health is a "you" problem, so that juvenile missing out on common life suffering from anxiety and the grandma with dementia in the nursing home wondering where her family is can just suck it up

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 6:28 PM
posted by majorspark

Exactly, no one is guaranteed anything. If your grandma decides to go, good for her. Someone in their 80s or 90s is at high risk for a lot of things. 

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 6:29 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

You can bet your grannies life on ot

What's that mean?

bigorangebuck22 Senior Member
322 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 6:32 PM

Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers with my wife's side of the family have been cancelled for this year. Her dad, in his 70's, made the decision. He also has 2 immunocompromised grandkids. Cramming close to 30 people in a house does not seem like a smart choice. 

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 6:42 PM
posted by bigorangebuck22

Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers with my wife's side of the family have been cancelled for this year. Her dad, in his 70's, made the decision. He also has 2 immunocompromised grandkids. Cramming close to 30 people in a house does not seem like a smart choice. 

Understandable. Yet another example of people making the best decision for themselves and their family without having to be forced to by Dr Fauci or anyone else. 

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 7:08 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Understandable. Yet another example of people making the best decision for themselves and their family without having to be forced to by Dr Fauci or anyone else. 

He's not forcing anyone to do anything. He's giving his educated medical opinion. Not sure why that deserves a "shove it."
Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 7:40 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Enjoy your freedom to choose while they last comrade 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 7:48 PM
posted by Fab4Runner
He's not forcing anyone to do anything. He's giving his educated medical opinion. Not sure why that deserves a "shove it."

No he is not.  But I tend to have an aversion to career national bureaucrats whatever there expertise.  

I can assure you I have received far more sternly worded advice from medical professionals about my lifestyle choices and never once told them to "shove it".

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 9:34 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

Ok, Fauci is not forcing personally. But beaurocrats are forcing a lot of things base upon the opinions of Fauci and others. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 7:14 AM

My prediction is that after the holiday season, wide spread lockdowns will occur, schools going back to online and businesses closing.

For no reason because the curve has been flattened, therapuetics are in place.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 9:28 AM

Dr. Spock has spoken. We should heed his advice. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 11:16 AM
posted by Spock

My prediction is that after the holiday season, wide spread lockdowns will occur, schools going back to online and businesses closing.

For no reason because the curve has been flattened, therapuetics are in place.

No one cares what you "think" about anything.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 11:45 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Dr. Spock has spoken. We should heed his advice. 

That actually has a good ring to it. 
Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 1:09 PM
posted by Heretic

No one cares what you "think" about anything.

Did you type that while you could see your reflection in the computer monitor?

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 1:14 PM

posted by Spock

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 2:30 PM
posted by Spock

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login