Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 7:30 AM
posted by geeblock

Just curious what lies you are talking about? Haven’t had a chance to read their statement, I have seen the new laws. 

From this article “ However, the law did make some changes to early voting. But experts say the net effect was to expand the opportunities to vote for most Georgians, not limit them.” But sure, let’s hurt all of the businesses who would have benefited from the All Star weekend bc of a law that no one has actually proven to be worse than any other states. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/30/biden-falsely-claims-new-georgia-law-ends-voting-hours-early/

Rotinaj Senior Member
7,878 posts 49 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 7:40 AM

They made some pretty big(bad) changes to early voting. I can't read your article, what are these experts saying they did to make this a net positive?

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 7:44 AM
posted by iclfan2

From this article “ However, the law did make some changes to early voting. But experts say the net effect was to expand the opportunities to vote for most Georgians, not limit them.” But sure, let’s hurt all of the businesses who would have benefited from the All Star weekend bc of a law that no one has actually proven to be worse than any other states. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/30/biden-falsely-claims-new-georgia-law-ends-voting-hours-early/

If it makes you feel any better I don’t think this idea  is why mlb moved the game. Not sure what he’s talking about with ending hours early unless I missed that part. 

On a side note I’m glad I can go back to using the Washington post as a good source. Got slammed for that a bunch. I guess when people agree with what it says it’s a good source lol 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 10:36 AM
posted by iclfan2

MLB moving the All-Star game out of Georgia based on complete bullshit interpretation and lies about their new voting law is complete trash. This country is never unifying, where do we go from here?

While the law is not as bad as initially advertised, it still sucks and tries to restrict voting access even further. Georgia has a pretty bad history with voting rights and access. The lines and access was already bad in 2020 and this has made it worse. It tries to solve a problem that does not exist. That is something conservatives usually blast liberals for doing. 

You want to talk about unifying, how about not passing this shitty law? 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 11:58 AM

The Georgia law asks people to have an ID to get an absentee ballot. Of course Democrats are claiming that's its racist because they are the real racists. 

Sat, Apr 3, 2021 12:23 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

You want to talk about unifying, how about not passing this shitty law? 

I'm not the one talking about unifying. I don't think it's ever going to happen. Regardless, the law barely changes anything, and they still have better early voting procedures then NY and NJ (and whoever else). It's much ado about nothing, but Biden spouting off and the media spreading literal lies (somehow twitter only cares about "lies" during an election) made it into this dumb shit show. 

Would also like to point out that Lebron and Steve Kerr care more about this fake news then actual genocide. 

geeblock Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 12:52 PM

For perspective you can wake up in Georgia and decide to buy a gun and walk out with it that day, but can’t wake up in the morning and decide to vote. These laws are unnecessary and it’s pretty clear what they are meant to do to an objective person. The argument that “well it’s better than this state” is lame. I don’t have a problem with requiring an ID to vote. FYI 

superman Senior Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 12:56 PM
posted by geeblock

For perspective you can wake up in Georgia and decide to buy a gun and walk out with it that day, but can’t wake up in the morning and decide to vote. These laws are unnecessary and it’s pretty clear what they are meant to do to an objective person. The argument that “well it’s better than this state” is lame. I don’t have a problem with requiring an ID to vote. FYI 

How do you feel about white liberals thinking that you are incapable of getting an ID? 

Sat, Apr 3, 2021 1:02 PM
posted by geeblock

Why does everyone think the blacks are the ones it is going to hurt? And how is it lame, MLB is moving the All-star game and could put it in a state with worse laws, but bc it's always been that way it's ok?

geeblock Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 1:03 PM
posted by superman

How do you feel about white liberals thinking that you are incapable of getting an ID? 

I don’t think that is the point at all 

geeblock Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 1:06 PM
posted by iclfan2
Why does everyone think the blacks are the ones it is going to hurt? Is there a problem with them? And how is it lame, MLB is moving the All-star game and could put it in a state with worse laws, but bc it's always been that way it's ok?

It’s certainly an attack on anyone living in an urban area if you actually look at it. U don’t see suburban areas with 8 hour waits, this law makes it harder to extend voting hours if there are problems with machines, guess where they have the most problems with machines? 

geeblock Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 1:19 PM

At the end of the day whether you agree or disagree with the law, imo opinion this is going to backfire and cost them more than they gain. The gop simply struggles to read the room once again. Instead of trying to make inroads and win votes in other groups, they choose again to try to not make any changes and it’s not going to work imo. I guess we will see 

Sat, Apr 3, 2021 1:25 PM
posted by geeblock

At the end of the day whether you agree or disagree with the law, imo opinion this is going to backfire and cost them more than they gain. The gop simply struggles to read the room once again. Instead of trying to make inroads and win votes in other groups, they choose again to try to not make any changes and it’s not going to work imo. I guess we will see 

I agree with this. They already fucked up once, and now basically trying to fuck it up even more. 

But if you have early voting and absentee voting and still wait in line for 8 hours to vote, that makes you stupid. 

geeblock Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 1:56 PM
posted by iclfan2

I agree with this. They already fucked up once, and now basically trying to fuck it up even more. 

But if you have early voting and absentee voting and still wait in line for 8 hours to vote, that makes you stupid. 

Not if they will work hard to make sure your vote doesn’t count?

superman Senior Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 2:02 PM
posted by geeblock

I don’t think that is the point at all 

Cool. How did it make you feel? They believe that you as a black man don't have the ability to get an ID. 

geeblock Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 2:27 PM
posted by superman

Cool. How did it make you feel? They believe that you as a black man don't have the ability to get an ID. 

That is a right wing narr

geeblock Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 2:53 PM
posted by superman

What does the gop believe on that subject?

superman Senior Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 3:19 PM
posted by geeblock

What does the gop believe on that subject?

You would have to ask someone in the GOP.  As a Libertarian, I think you are perfectly capable. Now how does it make you feel that white liberals don't think you are capable? Pls be honest 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 3:56 PM

posted by geeblock

With proper ID, you can do both.
geeblock Member
Sat, Apr 3, 2021 4:10 PM
posted by superman

You would have to ask someone in the GOP.  As a Libertarian, I think you are perfectly capable. Now how does it make you feel that white liberals don't think you are capable? Pls be honest 

So you have an opinion about what white liberals think but are clueless on the gop. Got it 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login