Progressives, part 3...

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 31, 2021 5:36 AM
posted by gut

And what about AOC running around calling member of Congress "white supremacists" who "are endangering my life" without any proof?

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 31, 2021 2:30 PM

I had that argument with an ex-coworker on FB last week.

He is far left wing and definitely had TDS “orange man bad” syndrome the last four years.

I said the only way to have a non-hypocritical opinion about Trump “inciting violence” is if you believe he did and should be impeached then you should be calling for the impeachment of Pelosi, Waters, and ACO, etc to name a few. 

If you don’t believe those democrats should be impeached then neither should Trump. 

Either they all incited violence or none of them did. If your opinion is split that one side did and the other didn’t then your opinion is hypocritical.

He kept arguing that he was not being hypocritical, that Trump was worse, blah blah blah even after I posted videos of what those 3 women has actually said recently vs the 5-10 min window of Trump’s speech that the left is saying where he incited violence.

Even with the evidence right in his face he wouldn’t listen. 

He is like the left version of QO. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 9:44 AM

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 10:15 AM
posted by justincredible

No idea who that is, but that is a new term I have never seen before "a white woman of color"

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 10:29 AM
posted by jmog

He is far left wing and definitely had TDS “orange man bad” syndrome the last four years.

I said the only way to have a non-hypocritical opinion about Trump “inciting violence” is if you believe he did and should be impeached then you should be calling for the impeachment of Pelosi, Waters, and ACO, etc to name a few. 

If you don’t believe those democrats should be impeached then neither should Trump. 

Either they all incited violence or none of them did. If your opinion is split that one side did and the other didn’t then your opinion is hypocritical.

He kept arguing that he was not being hypocritical, that Trump was worse, blah blah blah even after I posted videos of what those 3 women has actually said recently vs the 5-10 min window of Trump’s speech that the left is saying where he incited violence.

Interesting black and white logic for sure. 

Question, does your logic also apply to say Rep. Green or those that also supported the Stop the Steal movement? 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 10:41 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Interesting black and white logic for sure. 

Question, does your logic also apply to say Rep. Green or those that also supported the Stop the Steal movement? 

I don’t know how one can actually watch/listen to what Trump, Waters, Pelosi, etc all said and not see how they either all incited violence or none of them did.

No unbiased person could possibly believe other wise. I could see how someone would call it all inciting. I personally don’t think any of them did however. It just makes zero sense to watch what they all actually said and only be mad at one side or only say one side incited violence.

I am not informed on Rep. Green and Stop the Steal. You will have to provide a link for me to form an opinion. 

Mon, Feb 1, 2021 10:44 AM
posted by jmog

I don’t know how one can actually watch/listen to what Trump, Waters, Pelosi, etc all said and not see how they either all incited violence or none of them did.

No unbiased person could possibly believe other wise. I could see how someone would call it all inciting. I personally don’t think any of them did however. It just makes zero sense to watch what they all actually said and only be mad at one side or only say one side incited violence.

I am not informed on Rep. Green and Stop the Steal. You will have to provide a link for me to form an opinion. 

Interesting as the fact you are not informed about Rep. Green or the Stop the Steal Movement shows your own blindspot on things. 

Not agreeing or disagreeing with what you said, just that is may not be a complete picture. 

Just a quick google search will serve you well. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 10:50 AM

Interesting as the fact you are not informed about Rep. Green or the Stop the Steal Movement shows your own blindspot on things. 

Not agreeing or disagreeing with what you said, just that is may not be a complete picture. 

So because I am not aware of every representatives actions in congress it shows my bias? 

Come on, be better than that.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 10:55 AM

Ok, I did your quick google search, and you may want to stop being so uppity while misspelling the Rep's name. Its apparently Greene.

I read the "stop the steal" stuff calling Biden an "illegitimate usurper", telling people to be "ready to defend the Constitution".

I am curious, now reading all this, do you, ptown, truly believe that rhetoric was any worse than the shit we heard from democrats about Trump for 3.5-4 years? 

I seriously can't believe you would be so blinded to not see that the democrats spent 3.5 years calling Trump "illegitimate". So once again, while Greene and Gosar are wrong/stupid, they were acting no different than the idiot dems did forever. 

So, either they all incited violence or none of them did. I stand by my claim. 

Mon, Feb 1, 2021 11:12 AM
posted by jmog

Ok, I did your quick google search, and you may want to stop being so uppity while misspelling the Rep's name. Its apparently Greene.

I read the "stop the steal" stuff calling Biden an "illegitimate usurper", telling people to be "ready to defend the Constitution".

I am curious, now reading all this, do you, ptown, truly believe that rhetoric was any worse than the shit we heard from democrats about Trump for 3.5-4 years? 

I seriously can't believe you would be so blinded to not see that the democrats spent 3.5 years calling Trump "illegitimate". So once again, while Greene and Gosar are wrong/stupid, they were acting no different than the idiot dems did forever. 

So, either they all incited violence or none of them did. I stand by my claim. 

Again, I find your all of nothing claim very black and white. Fine for you I guess. My thoughts are a little different because I think there can be levels of statements and areas of grey. 

You can say I am blind, I did not refer to anything the Ds have said, but you are the one that did not even know about the movements and the crazy things the right have been saying. I think you did not know who the Oathkeepers were. Anyone that has been paying attention to right wing violence circles would know who they are. 

If they are all bad, then by your own logic, you must include those statements by the right over the last few years. Again, your logic, not mine. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 11:32 AM

Again, I find your all of nothing claim very black and white. Fine for you I guess. My thoughts are a little different because I think there can be levels of statements and areas of grey. 

You can say I am blind, I did not refer to anything the Ds have said, but you are the one that did not even know about the movements and the crazy things the right have been saying. I think you did not know who the Oathkeepers were. Anyone that has been paying attention to right wing violence circles would know who they are. 

If they are all bad, then by your own logic, you must include those statements by the right over the last few years. Again, your logic, not mine. 

I did include them, maybe you missed the part where I was talking about Trump’s speech?

Mon, Feb 1, 2021 12:45 PM
posted by jmog

I did include them, maybe you missed the part where I was talking about Trump’s speech?

It is more than Trump's speech. But, again, you are blind to the right side of the equation. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 12:58 PM

It is more than Trump's speech. But, again, you are blind to the right side of the equation. 

Coming from you that's hilarious. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 1:09 PM

Mon, Feb 1, 2021 1:20 PM
posted by jmog

Coming from you that's hilarious. 

I could say the same about you. 

You obviously have been blind the last 5 years about the rise of right wing extremism and language, 

Mon, Feb 1, 2021 1:21 PM
posted by justincredible

LOL. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 2:52 PM

So, this thread has turned into the blind arguing with the blind. I mean, it's not like it's nothing new, but at least it's starting to come out a bit more clearly. Now, if only someone would do a bit of self-honestly and say, "You're blind this way, like I'm blind this way, so maybe we both should try to be more well-rounded." instead of just pointing out the other person's blindness, we might actually get somewhere!

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 3:30 PM
posted by jmog

......and you were doing so well .....

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 4:55 PM

Why does anyone expect more it of P-town anymore? He is literally just leftist QO. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Feb 1, 2021 5:44 PM
posted by justincredible

Woooooaaaaahhhhhh - is this a new feature?

You realize what this means?  OC is so small time it's about the only site on the internetz that Youtube doesn't block embedding its videos!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login