Progressives, part 3...

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 19, 2019 9:54 AM
posted by like_that

Which progressive loophole will Trudeau be able to use, so the left doesn’t cancel him?

The look-the-other-way-and-blame-Trump-for-something loophole ……..just as they did for the VA governor.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 19, 2019 10:08 AM
posted by like_that

Which progressive loophole will Trudeau be able to use, so the left doesn’t cancel him?

I saw a blue checkmark defend him saying, essentially, who didn't do stupid shit in high school, let he who casts the first stone, yada, yada. 

The problem with that is that Fidel Jr was 29 at the time.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 19, 2019 10:52 AM

I saw a couple using that convenient moment to ask whether or not the outrage movement has gone too far.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Sep 19, 2019 11:00 AM

I heard 2 liberal news outlets make an excuse for him already......"Well it was 20 years ago" and " He did come out and apologize"

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Sep 19, 2019 11:18 AM

But when Kavanaugh did NOT do something 30 years ago, well ……

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 19, 2019 11:30 AM
posted by iclfan2

Lol a 16 year old with multiple psychological/ mental issues, who is being pimped out by her parents. And the left eats it up like she’s the climate savior. My God people. 

I don't really care if the media wants to exploit her for some hysterical tear-jerker piece.

But I can't believe she's testifying before Congress - she's a 16-yr old autistic girl with no life experience and no education in science.  What a colossal waste of time simply to generate campaign soundbites.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Sep 19, 2019 12:20 PM
posted by like_that

"I've always identified as African Canadien..."

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Sep 20, 2019 12:05 PM

Schoolchildren hit streets in vast global climate strike... 

Government-controlled brainwashing of today’s ‘Hitler youths’ is well underway right here.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 20, 2019 12:26 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Schoolchildren hit streets in vast global climate strike... 

Government-controlled brainwashing of today’s ‘Hitler youths’ is well underway right here.

If you let your kid skip school for this politicized bullshit, you’re a terrible parent.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Sep 20, 2019 1:23 PM
posted by iclfan2

If you let your kid skip school for this politicized bullshit, you’re a terrible parent.

I hope exploiting children to shame people about climate change is the tipping point on the propaganda being pushed by the leftwing media.

But maybe destroying faith in science and the media isn't an outcome that concerns the globalists - if no one has the credibility to challenge you, you can say whatever you want.  Next best thing to actually controlling speech.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 12:57 PM

Anyone following this climate justice strike or whatever the hell is going on in DC today? A bunch of nuts blocking traffic, causing thousands of cars to idle for long periods of time, thus releasing way more emissions than normal. Probably costing some people their jobs for not being able to get to work on time. I'm sure this is going to bring people to their side. I'm sure of it.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 2:04 PM
posted by justincredible

Anyone following this climate justice strike or whatever the hell is going on in DC today? A bunch of nuts blocking traffic, causing thousands of cars to idle for long periods of time, thus releasing way more emissions than normal. Probably costing some people their jobs for not being able to get to work on time. I'm sure this is going to bring people to their side. I'm sure of it.

Yeah I saw clips of it on Twitter. 

I'm pretty sure that littering confetti will create a positive change for the environment. The twerking is just a means to drawing attention to the pretty colors.

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1176142545430228992

gut Senior Member
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 2:30 PM

60 Minutes had the girl from that rape case with the Stanford swimmer (where he got some ridiculous sentence like only 3 months).

Tragic, awful story.  But she still managed to virtue-signal even while struggling to tell her story:  "3 months!?!  there are young men of color who get longer sentences....for non-violent crimes....just because they had a little bit of weed".

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 3:12 PM
posted by gut

60 Minutes had the girl from that rape case with the Stanford swimmer (where he got some ridiculous sentence like only 3 months).

Tragic, awful story.  But she still managed to virtue-signal even while struggling to tell her story:  "3 months!?!  there are young men of color who get longer sentences....for non-violent crimes....just because they had a little bit of weed".

I mean ... it's not an unreasonable point.

Violate someone else's rights: 3 months.

Not violate someone else's rights: > 3 months.

If you mean where she threw in the "... of color" part, I actually do think that is a legitimate point of the discussion with regard to the failures of the prison system, though I agree that it's probably ancillary to the issue she was addressing.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 3:21 PM
posted by justincredible

Why do police allow this? Wouldn’t shed a tear if one of them got hit. 

gut Senior Member
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 3:29 PM
posted by O-Trap

I mean ... it's not an unreasonable point.

Violate someone else's rights: 3 months.

Not violate someone else's rights: > 3 months.

I think she was trying to make the point about "white privilege" being the reason for his light sentence.  Just seemed very out-of-place - woe is me I didn't get the justice I deserved, oh and also woe are the people of color suffering under the same unfair justice system ...Came so naturally and matter-of-factly that it gives you an idea of how differently progressives are wired.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 4:17 PM
posted by gut

If you think about, calling someone out for "virtue signalling" is actually virtue signalling in and of itself.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 5:05 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

If you think about, calling someone out for "virtue signalling" is actually virtue signalling in and of itself.

I thought about it, and that doesn't make any sense.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 5:06 PM

Who knew Greta Thurnberg could be so entertaining.  I would have been beaten if I was there for the speech when I started laughing uncontrollably as soon as she started her speech.  What are the odds she becomes an actress?

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Sep 23, 2019 7:37 PM
posted by gut

Who knew Greta Thurnberg could be so entertaining.  I would have been beaten if I was there for the speech when I started laughing uncontrollably as soon as she started her speech.  What are the odds she becomes an actress?

Holy shit what a crock of shit.  Whoever her speech writer is and her acting coach is awesome.  As for her.......adults in her life need to be ashamed of themseleves for pimping her out like this.  Someone is getting rich off of her

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login