Progressives, part 3...

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 29, 2019 11:41 AM
posted by like_that

Apparently yesterday in an interview, Bernie said China has done more than any other nation to address "extreme" poverty.   I suppose he has a point.  Genocide and placing Muslims in concentration camps is one way to eliminate poverty.

Mind numbing.  And I am sure the interviewer did not give him that serious perplexed look that all the info-babes rehearse daily (for their conservative guests).

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 3, 2019 8:55 AM

“We don’t want to take your guns” say libs in an argument about the 2nd amendment, yet here we are with almost all of the candidates vocally calling for gun bans or even outright confiscation when it comes to dipshit Beto. It’s hilarious he calls it a gun “but back” when the government didn’t sell me a weapon in the first place. 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 3, 2019 10:32 AM
posted by iclfan2

“We don’t want to take your guns” say libs in an argument about the 2nd amendment, yet here we are with almost all of the candidates vocally calling for gun bans or even outright confiscation when it comes to dipshit Beto. It’s hilarious he calls it a gun “but back” when the government didn’t sell me a weapon in the first place. 

Yeah, it's more of just a gun buy.

With regard to guns, as painful as this is to say, I miss Dubya and Obama.  Saber-rattling or not, they ultimately left guns alone.  And it's not as if it was a matter of Congress not putting it up.  Obama wasn't a stranger to playing cavalier with the EO.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Sep 4, 2019 9:15 PM

This CNN climate thing makes my brain  hurt.  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Sep 4, 2019 10:02 PM

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/09/04/nra-san-francisco-domestic-terrorism-gun-control-board-of-supervisors/

Wait until they find out about real 2A orgs. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 6, 2019 8:53 AM

Jim Carrey. Sheesh.

https://twitter.com/JimCarrey/status/1169298852223959040

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 6, 2019 8:57 AM
posted by like_that

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/09/04/nra-san-francisco-domestic-terrorism-gun-control-board-of-supervisors/

LOL, what a fucken joke. First of all, the NRA is milquetoast as far as 2A orgs go, they're just the largest/oldest. Second of all, it's just an organization of literally millions of Americans paying dues for them to lobby on their behalf.

Fri, Sep 6, 2019 10:20 AM
posted by justincredible

LOL, what a fucken joke. First of all, the NRA is milquetoast as far as 2A orgs go, they're just the largest/oldest. Second of all, it's just an organization of literally millions of Americans paying dues for them to lobby on their behalf.

lol, exactly.  I always get a kick out of people who are rattled by the NRA.  They truly believe "defeating" the NRA is the key to everything.  If the NRA collapsed, an org like GOA would pick up.  No doubt GOA will be considered a "terrorist" org in their eyes once they find out they aren't willing to budge like the NRA does. 

It's also funny to see the same people pretend the NRA is the only org that has the ears of elected public servants.  Last I checked, 17 of the top 20 donors support democrats.  This includes tax payer subsidized orgs like PP, who openly donate to the dems. Yes, I realize dark money is a different story, but the dems also benefit from that as well.  

Fri, Sep 6, 2019 4:16 PM
posted by like_that

Same with these dumbasses who act like the NRA is the "last line of defense" for the 2A.  The pride with which they seem to want everyone know they're a "member" or supporter is hilarious when you realize that the NRA is a guard dog missing most of its teeth.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Sep 6, 2019 5:59 PM

While I know that a similar Conservatives  thread usually doesn't fly on here with the Ohio Chatter demographic being what it is.  But a nice entry today would be all of the conservative Christian preachers and personalities declaring prayer victory over Hurricane Dorian.  They were able to literally get the Hurricane to turn left to avoid most of its potential to damage (not all, so I guess God was still a little pissed).  But what a victory.  I guess those heathens in Bahamas didn't pray hard enough.  

Fri, Sep 6, 2019 7:24 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

While I know that a similar Conservatives  thread usually doesn't fly on here with the Ohio Chatter demographic being what it is.  But a nice entry today would be all of the conservative Christian preachers and personalities declaring prayer victory over Hurricane Dorian.  They were able to literally get the Hurricane to turn left to avoid most of its potential to damage (not all, so I guess God was still a little pissed).  But what a victory.  I guess those heathens in Bahamas didn't pray hard enough.  

There is a similar thread.

Fri, Sep 6, 2019 8:35 PM

Gonna need some links. Of not retarded money pastors. Hurricanes are a “science”. And they don’t know where the fuck it is going 2 days out. But we all die in 12 years?

Coming from someone who just went through the 60mph wind bullshit that was way closer to the coast of CHS than anyone predicted. 

Sat, Sep 7, 2019 1:49 AM

It's why I, despite being plenty religious, call bullshit on anyone who attributes any blessings in their life to faith.

I interviews at a church once, and one of the pastors had a nice car.  I remarked on it, and he went on this tangent about how he'd just had faith that God was going to bless him, and God gave him that car because of that and because God loves him.

In my head, I thought, "Wow. So you must think the poor Haitian people have no faith whatsoever, and that God hates their guts."

Needless to say, it wouldn't have been a good fit.

Sun, Sep 8, 2019 4:57 PM

So Bernie lets Sarsour on stage to root for him (she’s a terrorist), but I’m supposed to care that some white supremecists like Trump? Get outta here. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 12:05 PM

Actually they got it to turn right.

God bless.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Sep 9, 2019 3:21 PM
posted by iclfan2

So Bernie lets Sarsour on stage to root for him (she’s a terrorist), but I’m supposed to care that some white supremecists like Trump? Get outta here. 

Yeah. Linda Sarsour is a big black eye for Bernie. She's not favorable to Jews (womens march anti semitism, support of Louis Farrakhan), pretty much despises Israel, rants and raves against other women who are ex muslims/against sharia and wants to have their vaginas cut out (Ayaan Hirsi Ali). I honestly have no idea whatsoever why Bernie thought that Sarsour was a good "bumper sticker" for his campaign.

Fri, Sep 13, 2019 12:38 PM

*sigh*

Beto is an idiot.

Yes, O'Rourke.  It is a threat, but it's contingent on you entering his home against his will and confiscating his property without his consent.

It's hardly unreasonable to say that someone will protect their home and property with necessary force.  And the fact that Beto would do this using governmental power actually illustrates the point of the 2nd Amendment.  It's not primarily for hunting or home security from burglars and robbers.  It's to protect against the boots-on-the-ground style of militaristic force that Beto is calling on here.

Fri, Sep 13, 2019 12:42 PM

He's a little bitch. Has been since he ran against Cruz. A year ago. When he also said if you bought an aR you can keep it. He's a pandering puppet who thank God has no serious support.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 13, 2019 12:49 PM
posted by iclfan2

He's a little bitch. Has been since he ran against Cruz. A year ago. When he also said if you bought an aR you can keep it. He's a pandering puppet who thank God has no serious support.

That's the only reason he's "anybody".  The Left fell in love with him for the sole reason that he was able to raise a ton of money, inexplicably, and come relatively close to beating Cruz.  Along similar lines, also why Stacey Abrams is such a darling.

Everyone talking about what a great policy debate that was.  NO!  They're stupid and they're lying - Elizabeth Warren's "wealth tax" is dumb pandering.  Talk about the estate tax and close loopholes - a wealth tax, which essentially accomplishes the same thing, is a nightmare to administer.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 13, 2019 1:09 PM
posted by O-Trap

*sigh*

Beto is an idiot.

Yes, O'Rourke.  It is a threat, but it's contingent on you entering his home against his will and confiscating his property without his consent.

It's hardly unreasonable to say that someone will protect their home and property with necessary force.  And the fact that Beto would do this using governmental power actually illustrates the point of the 2nd Amendment.  It's not primarily for hunting or home security from burglars and robbers.  It's to protect against the boots-on-the-ground style of militaristic force that Beto is calling on here.

Someone's following in 45's footsteps in showing everyone how to use Twitter to be the biggest l'il bitch around!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login