Impressed by the Trump administration part II

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 2, 2020 10:28 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Biden will do what his nurse tells him to do. I'm so tired of candidates who look good (in reality or perception) only in comparison. Tell me something that makes me want to vote for him other than he's not the other guy. Hint:: I know his record and there ain't much that's compelling.

Sure. His speech right now is taking the tone of a leader though. At this point, I think myself and looking at the polls so far (with a heavy caveat of course) is people just do not want an asshole in office. 

People may just want a President that says and acts like a person who cares and not one that does not give a damn about anyone but himself. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 2, 2020 10:31 AM
posted by iclfan2

Here is there explanation, which is obviously to be taken with a grain of salt. Smoke not tear gas, and they were acting out. You’re also being a little disingenuous pretending their wasn’t a 7pm curfew. 
https://twitter.com/augensteinwtop/status/1267791336146636800?s=21

He was either off his meds or big into the bourbon.  If there is a 7pm curfew and you aren’t on your way home at 6:30 you are someone looking for trouble. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 2, 2020 10:39 AM

Something kind of amusing about watching the "states are overreaching and taking away rights out of 'safety concern'" people now suddenly about-facing into "YOU BETTER FOLLOW THAT CURFEW TO THE MINUTE, BUCKO!!!!!!!".

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 10:41 AM
posted by QuakerOats

He was either off his meds or big into the bourbon.  If there is a 7pm curfew and you aren’t on your way home at 6:30 you are someone looking for trouble. 

That argument makes zero logical sense. The curfew and enforcing that curfew does not start until a certain time. The Government cannot remove people from lawfully exercising their first amendment right before that time. I'm guessing the libertarian people on here would not be in favor of the government having that much power like we saw last night. 

What if the government would have applied that logic to those COVID-19 protests? 

I love the spin though. The clearing of the square was for his photo op, not the curfew...

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Jun 2, 2020 10:43 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Sure. His speech right now is taking the tone of a leader though. At this point, I think myself and looking at the polls so far (with a heavy caveat of course) is people just do not want an asshole in office. 

People may just want a President that says and acts like a person who cares and not one that does not give a damn about anyone but himself

Well Biden aint the guy either.  He may be the greasiest/dirtiest politician they could put up for POTUS.  

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 2, 2020 10:45 AM
posted by Heretic

Something kind of amusing about watching the "states are overreaching and taking away rights out of 'safety concern'" people now suddenly about-facing into "YOU BETTER FOLLOW THAT CURFEW TO THE MINUTE, BUCKO!!!!!!!".

Or watching CC and QO have next to no-comments on the riots/protests in the George Floyd thread, but as soon as the riots/protest involve trump, they immediately comment in support of whatever side Trump is on. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 2, 2020 10:47 AM

That argument makes zero logical sense. The curfew and enforcing that curfew does not start until a certain time. The Government cannot remove people from lawfully exercising their first amendment right before that time. I'm guessing the libertarian people on here would not be in favor of the government having that much power like we saw last night. 

What if the government would have applied that logic to those COVID-19 protests? 

I love the spin though. The clearing of the square was for his photo op, not the curfew...

The “well it was pretty CLOSE to 7pm!” Argument is such a massive spin. If it’s 7pm and you decide to head home, you’re acting legally under curfew laws. The Chicago mayor even posted that no one will be arrested if you’re out after curfew but heading home. Especially since these cities tossed out curfews hours before the curfew time. 
They’re just all idiots who will defend Trumpy to any end. And this is the spin they have to create to do that. 

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 10:48 AM

If the President was serious about showing strength and unity at the church there was a way better way to show it than the shit we saw last night. He could have easily reached out to the church and the met with them inside during the day to go over some of the damage and to make a statement about unity there. Instead, he took the worst looking option. He cleared the park and the church for a photo op. This was so mishandled and mismanaged. 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 2, 2020 11:35 AM
posted by Heretic

Small government was no longer advantageous to pushing the narrative that the president can make a bad choice (outside Twitter, which is the only place Republicans seem to be willing to admit he makes poor choices).

I'm guessing the libertarian people on here would not be in favor of the government having that much power like we saw last night.

I think most of us already oppose curfews, so yeah, definitely not okay.

posted by Spock

Well Biden aint the guy either.  He may be the greasiest/dirtiest politician they could put up for POTUS.  

I didn't see anyone say he was.  I would have opted for "creepy" and "senile" as better descriptors, but he certainly doesn't seem like a good option.

If the President was serious about showing strength and unity at the church there was a way better way to show it than the shit we saw last night. He could have easily reached out to the church and the met with them inside during the day to go over some of the damage and to make a statement about unity there. Instead, he took the worst looking option. He cleared the park and the church for a photo op. This was so mishandled and mismanaged. 

Obvious pandering was obvious.  And it was really awkward looking.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 2, 2020 11:37 AM

People may just want a President that says and acts like a person who cares and not one that does not give a damn about anyone but himself. 

Someone who gives a damn about others runs for office, serves for a term or two, then goes away and does something else. He's a different kind of welfare queen, but has done nothing but suck on the government teat nearly all his adult life.

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 11:57 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Someone who gives a damn about others runs for office, serves for a term or two, then goes away and does something else. He's a different kind of welfare queen, but has done nothing but suck on the government teat nearly all his adult life.

But, at least he is not an arrogant petulant child asshole who cares about no one but himself and cannot comprehend how to accurately depict the weight and serious nature of the office of the Presidency of the United States. Throughout American history, the people look to the President for guidance and support on how to navigate the turmoil or chaos of the day. Look at the great ones, they all have moments where they rise to the occasion, deliver leadership and guidance. 

This President cannot comprehend any of that because he only likes like a kid or an asshole and only cares for how he looks and how he can make his ego feel great. He only went to the church for a photo op because he saw the shit he was getting for being called the Bunker in Chief over the weekend. 

Can you imagine Trump in any other crisis in American history trying to manage it? 

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 2, 2020 12:21 PM

Violating a stay at home order to protest  because you're mad you can't get a haircut and eat at Applebees = good.

Protesting the death of a black man at the hands of police 30 minutes before curfew even starts = bad.

Got it.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 2:42 PM

They were ordered to move to a different area 3 times; they refused.

It is actually quite simple.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 2:44 PM

https://www.delgazette.com/opinion/80155/trump-helping-black-communities-thrive

How soon we forget when the radical liberal media controls the narrative.

Trump was the ONLY president to achieve criminal JUSTICE REFORM.

Take care.

Wed, Jun 3, 2020 2:58 PM
posted by QuakerOats

They were ordered to move to a different area 3 times; they refused.

It is actually quite simple.

Nope. Not according to the various reporters on ground and from what I was watching on live tv. 

Wed, Jun 3, 2020 3:06 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://www.delgazette.com/opinion/80155/trump-helping-black-communities-thrive

How soon we forget when the radical liberal media controls the narrative.

Trump was the ONLY president to achieve criminal JUSTICE REFORM.

Take care.

Man....I guess his approval with them must be really, really high then? 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 3:09 PM

He will gain an even higher percentage of the black vote this time around.

Wed, Jun 3, 2020 3:13 PM
posted by QuakerOats

He will gain an even higher percentage of the black vote this time around.

Based on what? He is saying and doing the exact opposite of doing that right now....

Wed, Jun 3, 2020 3:16 PM

Hey look, the drug the President says works and is taking doesn't do jack shit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/06/03/hydroxychloroquine-clinical-trial-results/

Hydroxychloroquine did not prevent healthy people exposed to covid-19 from getting the disease caused by the coronavirus, according to a study being published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The study is the first randomized clinical trial that tested the antimalarial drug, touted by President Trump, as a preventive measure. It showed that hydroxychloroquine was no more effective than a placebo — in this case, a vitamin — in protecting people exposed to covid-19.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 3:48 PM

More complete and utter bullshit. 

Hundreds, if not thousands, of doctors prescribed the drug with positive results (although their stories are censored and purged from social media sites)

Hundreds, if not thousands, of patients got up from their death beds and walked out hospital doors in the last two months because of the drug. 

Tell all these people the drug does not work.

Keep believing the lies spewed by the wapo and times rags. 

Get in the game.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login