Impressed by the Trump administration part II

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 3:50 PM

LOL. Right. I forgot. It is all part of a vast conspiracy. Please excuse me...

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 3:52 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Hey look, the drug the President says works and is taking doesn't do jack shit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/06/03/hydroxychloroquine-clinical-trial-results/

Funny how a medicine that has been around for 75 years and had 50,000,000 doses taken up to this point is called dangerous and "needed clinical trials".

Also, giving people a vitamin as a placebo ....isnt a placebo.  Vitamins actual do something to the body which makes them not a placebo.  

Wed, Jun 3, 2020 4:00 PM
posted by Spock

Funny how a medicine that has been around for 75 years and had 50,000,000 doses taken up to this point is called dangerous and "needed clinical trials".

Also, giving people a vitamin as a placebo ....isnt a placebo.  Vitamins actual do something to the body which makes them not a placebo.  

Yeah, those tricky people at the FDA, CDC, research hospitals, and medical journals. What do they know right? 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 4:55 PM

Yeah, those tricky people at the FDA, CDC, research hospitals, and medical journals. What do they know right? 

In this case, it may be a case of intentionally deceptive reporting from the unbiased bastion of journalism WaPo.

The study appears to be only using hyrdoxychloroquine.  That has never been the recommended treatment.  The doctors and "studies" that have shown success have been the combination of hydroxy, azithromycin and zinc (and this is what Trump actually took - again, get the facts right WaPo).  It's actually azithromycin that is believed to cause heart issues in some patients, because the safety of hydroxychloroquine alone is well established.

I still haven't seen a good, robust study on the actual treatment that has been promoted.  The liberal media keeps bukkaking us with studies focused only on hydroxy, or the harsher form chloroquine (which no one recommends and isn't generally even in wide use for malaria or lupus).

It's certainly worth testing hyrdoxy alone to understand it's merits.  But as I've understood it, hyrdoxy just provides a path of access to the virus, and it's azithromycin and zinc that actually does the heavy lifting.  So hydroxy alone showing a lack of efficacy would be unsurprising.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 5:46 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/06/03/hydroxychloroquine-clinical-trial-results/

Possibly. 
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/03/covid-19-surgisphere-who-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 11:35 PM
posted by Spock

I see you don't know how any of this stuff works. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 11:57 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I see you don't know how any of this stuff works. 

Trump says it works, so for CC it works. 
That’s how he rolls. 

Thu, Jun 4, 2020 9:27 AM

This statement by Mattis is pretty damning and whoa. I have a feeling a lot of people have similar feelings, just have not said it. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis writes. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”

He goes on to contrast the American ethos of unity with Nazi ideology. “Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that ‘The Nazi slogan for destroying us … was “Divide and Conquer.” Our American answer is “In Union there is Strength.”’ We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.”

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago,” he writes, “I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.”

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jun 4, 2020 9:35 AM

Mattis dropping this definitely hurts Trump, but our nation has an attention span of a goldfish.  

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Jun 4, 2020 9:39 AM

This statement by Mattis is pretty damning and whoa. I have a feeling a lot of people have similar feelings, just have not said it. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/

"Instead, he tries to divide us." Apparently Mattis wasn't around for the Obama years.

Thu, Jun 4, 2020 9:54 AM
posted by like_that

Mattis dropping this definitely hurts Trump, but our nation has an attention span of a goldfish.  

Very true. Who the fucks knows where we will be in 3 months...let alone by November. 

posted by BR1986FB

"Instead, he tries to divide us." Apparently Mattis wasn't around for the Obama years.

Man, yeah I remember that time Obama dispersed those Tea Party protests with gas and rubber bullets for a photo.

Also, can you provide one instance where the President actually tried to bring us together? 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Jun 4, 2020 9:59 AM

Very true. Who the fucks knows where we will be in 3 months...let alone by November. 

posted by BR1986FB

Man, yeah I remember that time Obama dispersed those Tea Party protests with gas and rubber bullets for a photo.

Also, can you provide one instance where the President actually tried to bring us together? 

Can't say that I can, other than the economy, with Trump but the same holds true for Obama about dividing the country (see preferential treatment to his Muslim "brothers", Michael Brown incident, etc).

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 4, 2020 10:03 AM

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_2_20_statement_from_acting_chief_monahan.htm

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park.  At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

Thu, Jun 4, 2020 10:11 AM
posted by majorspark

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_2_20_statement_from_acting_chief_monahan.htm

I saw that statement and laughed. I was watching the damn thing with my own eyes on local tv and they did not see any of that. They had 4 anchors on the scene and was providing objective facts on the ground. The anchors did say there would be every so often one person throw something, but then the crowd would self police that person and turn them over to those police. The anchors kept saying compared to the protests over the weekend, Monday was peaceful. 

Again, the local news anchors commented how extreme the tactics were at the time and they had reported through many protests in DC's history. 

No one heard any of those statements over the loudspeaker as well. The teargas statement is laughable as been refuted by many people on the ground and even the CDC said, oh yeah that chemical is teargas. One reporter on the ground saw people washing their face with milk due to the gas. 

If this was over the weekend, ok sure maybe I can buy that. But, Monday, and the even the last few days, things have been largely peaceful. 

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 4, 2020 11:21 AM

posted by like_that

The military people I know, including Marines, don't give a fuck. They'll support Trump over someone with the record and reputation of Mattis. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 4, 2020 5:10 PM

Waiting for you to post that the lancet has rescinded their study bc the source data was garbage. Literally can’t trust anything put out (not blaming you bc they published it). 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 4, 2020 5:20 PM

You do realize that no one said that the drug prevented infection right?

It was said to help the symptoms AFTER you are already infected. It was the most prescribed drug in France and Italy at the height of the pandemic to help with SYMPTOMS, not prevent infection.

In other words the jagoffs that did the study tested a hypothesis that no one was claiming. 

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Jun 4, 2020 5:24 PM

Let me help:

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/article/s0140673620313246

Didnt want to be subjected to peer review.  Sounds legit.

Thu, Jun 4, 2020 6:50 PM
posted by iclfan2

Waiting for you to post that the lancet has rescinded their study bc the source data was garbage. Literally can’t trust anything put out (not blaming you bc they published it). 

posted by jmog

It was said to help the symptoms AFTER you are already infected. It was the most prescribed drug in France and Italy at the height of the pandemic to help with SYMPTOMS, not prevent infection.

In other words the jagoffs that did the study tested a hypothesis that no one was claiming. 

posted by Spock

Let me help:

Yup. Classic case of premature publication. At least others called them out and the peer review process works. 

Still does not change the already published work and concerns about people taking the drug.

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Jun 4, 2020 7:04 PM

posted by jmog

posted by Spock

Let me help:

Yup. Classic case of premature publication. At least others called them out and the peer review process works. 

Still does not change the already published work and concerns about people taking the drug.

No classic case of TDS.....just run a FAKE news story that fits your narrative and when it comes out false, the national media has already carried your water for you on prime time TV....the correction never gets the same coverage.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login