Impressed by the Trump administration part II

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 14, 2020 9:53 AM

You’re right; there are no communist Chinese apologists and propagandists in any media outlets.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, May 14, 2020 11:16 AM
posted by QuakerOats

You’re right; there are no communist Chinese apologists and propagandists in any media outlets.

Everyone on here knows that this is your opinion.  That is not the same thing as what you said - that the lady who asked Trump the question was from a Chinese media outlet.  It'd be more credible for you to admit you spread fake news and move on. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, May 14, 2020 11:33 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Everyone on here knows that this is your opinion.  That is not the same thing as what you said - that the lady who asked Trump the question was from a Chinese media outlet.  It'd be more credible for you to admit you spread fake news and move on. 

The fake news part of it is that CBS likely made sure they sent an asian looking reporter in there on purposely and ask a loaded question to get him triggered.   

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 14, 2020 11:35 AM
posted by Spock

The fake news part of it is that CBS likely made sure they sent an asian looking reporter in there on purposely and ask a loaded question to get him triggered.   

LOL. Riiiight. 

Thu, May 14, 2020 11:40 AM
posted by Spock

Good God.  If you are this deep, there's no saving you.  Yes, that's probably exactly what they did.  

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 14, 2020 12:01 PM
posted by QuakerOats

You really need to cut your losses and just admit you were wrong instead of trying to move the goalposts because you are looking like a total idiot right now.

posted by Spock

Like this guy is. Once again. Every damn day. Because that's all he is capable of doing.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, May 14, 2020 1:01 PM
posted by Spock

It wasn’t her first pony ride there …but who cares about context.

Thu, May 14, 2020 1:14 PM
posted by QuakerOats

It wasn’t her first pony ride there …but who cares about context.

Her original question was not that big of a deal.  It was VERY typical of the kinds of questions any president would receive.  Rather than constantly playing to the hardcores in his base, be a man and answer a fairly easy question.  

According to the hard core right wing, every question a teacher ever asked me was a "gottcha".  Maybe I should have stormed out of all those classrooms rather than taken a chance in answering.

TEACHER: What is the atomic number of iron?
ME: That's a very vicious question.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  

Mon, May 18, 2020 12:50 PM

Looks like the Swampy entitlement of Mike Pompeo and his wife are not going to get "drained".  The boss conducted a quiet firing of his inspector general at Pomp's request.  Yep, draining the swamp alright.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, May 19, 2020 3:12 PM

Survey: 64% of Manufacturers Say Reshoring is Likely

According to a new survey by Thomas, 64% of companies across the manufacturing and industrial sectors "are likely to bring manufacturing production and sourcing back to North America," to avoid similar difficulties in the future. Supply Chain Dive reports that the survey was conducted in April and included responses from 878 North American manufacturing and industrial sector professionals. 5/14/2020

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 19, 2020 4:08 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Survey: 64% of Manufacturers Say Reshoring is Likely

According to a new survey by Thomas, 64% of companies across the manufacturing and industrial sectors "are likely to bring manufacturing production and sourcing back to North America," to avoid similar difficulties in the future. Supply Chain Dive reports that the survey was conducted in April and included responses from 878 North American manufacturing and industrial sector professionals. 5/14/2020

Huh.  Well what do you know?  A big government manipulation of free markets like hiked tariffs didn't do the job, but this did.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 19, 2020 4:17 PM
posted by O-Trap

Huh.  Well what do you know?  A big government manipulation of free markets like hiked tariffs didn't do the job, but this did.

I'll believe it when I see it.  There will certainly be SOME re-shoring to avoid supply chain disruptions, and many reason to divest from China.  But without some form of protectionism, these products aren't going to be price competitive.

And by "re-shoring", I think we should take that to mean North America.  Won't surprise me if companies don't also look more to Central and South America as an alternative to Asia.

Tue, May 19, 2020 4:21 PM
posted by gut

I'll believe it when I see it.  There will certainly be SOME re-shoring to avoid supply chain disruptions, and many reason to divest from China.  But without some form of protectionism, these products aren't going to be price competitive.

And by "re-shoring", I think we should take that to mean North America.  Won't surprise me if companies don't also look more to Central and South America as an alternative to Asia.

I was mostly just jabbing at the tariffs, but I actually agree with you here.  Labor alone is crazy cheap in Mexico.  I'd imagine sourcing plenty of mats is as well.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, May 20, 2020 4:26 AM
posted by gut

Like you said, I think it's more likely they just find other cheap countries to do their business.  Central American would be win-win for everyone.  It would help with immigration. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, May 20, 2020 1:36 PM

$1.3 billion awarded for another 42 miles of border wall in AZ.  Looks like 400 miles to be completed this year.

Wed, May 20, 2020 2:21 PM
posted by QuakerOats

$1.3 billion awarded for another 42 miles of border wall in AZ.  Looks like 400 miles to be completed this year.

Hooray for big government spending!

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, May 20, 2020 2:50 PM
posted by O-Trap

money well spent....or at least money spent to prevent more spending later

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, May 20, 2020 3:17 PM
posted by O-Trap

National defense; the nation’s one and only true priority.

Best.

Wed, May 20, 2020 4:19 PM
posted by QuakerOats

National defense; the nation’s one and only true priority.

Best.

Who does Mexico make the check out to?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, May 21, 2020 9:35 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Who does Mexico make the check out to?

Well, since they will have to handle the welfare of several million people instead of us, you can do the math as to who is paying for the wall. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login