Disgusted with the Biden administration

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 11:27 AM

The democrat power brokers already have his minders in place.

majorspark Senior Member
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 11:31 AM

This "democracy itself" is on the ballot seems to have some legs.  Look for future usage.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 12:13 PM
posted by majorspark

This "democracy itself" is on the ballot seems to have some legs.  Look for future usage.

The irony is - and I only saw a blurb - there was a voting issue in AZ and the Repubs were denied extending hours.

Although I assume in AZ the Repubs control the voting boards and the courts. And not saying that extending hours made sense or was legal, but I bet you won't hear Dems bitching about it as election day voting favors the Repubs...

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 12:19 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Versus that batshit Fetterman? Dude had a stroke a little over a week ago and the Libtards STILL pushed him through.

I'd have to contemplate taking CC over Herschel Walker.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 1:12 PM
posted by gut

The irony is - and I only saw a blurb - there was a voting issue in AZ and the Repubs were denied extending hours.

Although I assume in AZ the Repubs control the voting boards and the courts. And not saying that extending hours made sense or was legal, but I bet you won't hear Dems bitching about it as election day voting favors the Repubs...

The democrat candidate for governor in AZ is the current secretary of state overseeing elections.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 1:14 PM
posted by majorspark

If "they're gonna take your social security" isn't working, go full on with the death of democracy. 

majorspark Senior Member
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 2:10 PM
posted by Heretic

Big thing was probably simply that Rs overplayed their hand way too early due to Biden's age and weakness and let things like abortion, "don't say gay", etc. be rallying cries, as well as talks about social security cuts. Add into that how Trump's appeal among anyone that isn't pure MAGA seems to really be diminishing and a lot of candidates got weaker since they were so directly tied to him.

The guy specifically targeted with the "don't say gay" schtick had the best night.  I do agree with you on the MAGA fatigue.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 2:23 PM
posted by majorspark

The guy specifically targeted with the "don't say gay" schtick had the best night.  I do agree with you on the MAGA fatigue.

The party has to do better than throw Trump out there again. 

I think Biden's approval rating is about 40% and Trump's is 37% so nobody really likes either but, by my math, 40 > 37. 

If Trump was the only option, unfortunately I'd have to vote for him to try to stop what these idiots are doing to ruin the country. I doubt he'd win though.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 2:42 PM
posted by BR1986FB

The party has to do better than throw Trump out there again. 

I think Biden's approval rating is about 40% and Trump's is 37% so nobody really likes either but, by my math, 40 > 37. 

If Trump was the only option, unfortunately I'd have to vote for him to try to stop what these idiots are doing to ruin the country. I doubt he'd win though.

I believe Ron DeSantis would be nearly unbeatable.  

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 2:55 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I agree. He's probably the best suited, from either party, to run the country.

majorspark Senior Member
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 3:22 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Never underestimate the democrat machine's ability to ruin a candidate.  Reagan was a once in a lifetime gift.  Trump was a puff of hot air that exposed a lot.  Thankfully some good was done that can not be easily reversed.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 7:52 PM

The states where ballot harvesting was forbidden,  voter ID is required, and anti cheating measures were put into place, were won handily by the Republicans.  Weird.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 8:33 PM
posted by superman

The states where ballot harvesting was forbidden,  voter ID is required, and anti cheating measures were put into place, were won handily by the Republicans.  Weird.

After the Florida debacle in 2000, with the "hanging chads", Florida has cleaned up their act and is probably the most efficient at this in the country. Every state should have to follow what they are doing, as far as voting. You'd have results faster and less likely cheating.

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 9, 2022 10:04 PM
posted by QuakerOats

You thought the same thing about Mit Romney, in fact you bet your balls on it even though you welched of course.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Nov 10, 2022 6:47 AM
posted by QuakerOats

If "they're gonna take your social security" isn't working, go full on with the death of democracy. 

Yes, because nothing says "democracy" more than people telling you that you can only vote for one candidate or you're against democracy.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Thu, Nov 10, 2022 7:33 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Yes, because nothing says "democracy" more than people telling you that you can only vote for one candidate or you're against democracy.

Apparently so, as lines have become so drawn that you must vote "all R" or "all D" instead of using common sense/judgment.  Case in point (dumb fuck Dems)...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/09/pennsylvania-dead-democrat-tony-deluca-victory

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Nov 10, 2022 7:41 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Apparently so, as lines have become so drawn that you must vote "all R" or "all D" instead of using common sense/judgment.  Case in point (dumb fuck Dems)...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/09/pennsylvania-dead-democrat-tony-deluca-victory

It is kinda silly. I definitely tend to vote more Democrat. But stuff like city council and mayor, I couldn't care less what party they are. I voted for our Republican mayor b/c he's doing a good job. But I even had democrat friends ask me how I could vote for him, even when the democrat candidate got arrested for DV and reportedly threated to kill his estranged wife while pulling a knife on her lol.  These are the same people who yell "believe women" and hate Deshaun Watson lol. Push that aside for party lines. even for something as dumb as local politics.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Nov 10, 2022 7:58 AM
posted by BR1986FB

The dead guy’s opponent was a Green Party candidate.  I think it’s safe to say the result was a statement that people would prefer an appointed replacement than a Green Party rep.

majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Nov 10, 2022 1:58 PM

When elections consistently are decided long after election day.  Beware. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Thu, Nov 10, 2022 4:47 PM
posted by majorspark

When elections consistently are decided long after election day.  Beware. 

Like I said, they need to all go to Florida's program. Arizona is a joke. Banana Republic countries are probably laughing at their inefficiency.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login