Disgusted with the Biden administration

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Nov 10, 2022 4:50 PM
posted by kizer permanente

It is kinda silly. I definitely tend to vote more Democrat. But stuff like city council and mayor, I couldn't care less what party they are. I voted for our Republican mayor b/c he's doing a good job. But I even had democrat friends ask me how I could vote for him, even when the democrat candidate got arrested for DV and reportedly threated to kill his estranged wife while pulling a knife on her lol.  These are the same people who yell "believe women" and hate Deshaun Watson lol. Push that aside for party lines. even for something as dumb as local politics.

I look at what's common sense. I lean conservative but don't gaf about abortion unless someone's using it (repeatedly) as birth control. 

Have said all along, 1) keep my country safe, 2) don't tax the shit out of me, don't take away the guns and 4) don't force things (like electric vehicles) down my throat and we're cool, regardless of party.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Nov 10, 2022 8:28 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Like I said, they need to all go to Florida's program. Arizona is a joke. Banana Republic countries are probably laughing at their inefficiency.

States need to solve this legislatively through their elected government.  Outside of that it does not end well.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Nov 10, 2022 8:45 PM
posted by majorspark

States need to solve this legislatively through their elected government.  Outside of that it does not end well.

I like vote by mail, but there are too many issues with early voting in general.

I know the conventional wisdom is early voters aren't likely to switch later and probably straight-ticket, party-base types anyway.  But a lot - not the least of which is debates - happens that last month and I just don't think it's a good idea for 1/3 or more of ballots to have already been cast.

So so so wish they would randomly list the candidates, and without the "D" or "R" designation.  The idiots would all cancel each other out.  I'd guess at least 70% of the country would have no idea who to vote for, especially down ballot.  Double bonus: you have to correctly match the POTUS and VP in order for your choice to count!

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 8:00 AM
posted by gut

I like vote by mail, but there are too many issues with early voting in general.

I know the conventional wisdom is early voters aren't likely to switch later and probably straight-ticket, party-base types anyway.  But a lot - not the least of which is debates - happens that last month and I just don't think it's a good idea for 1/3 or more of ballots to have already been cast.

So so so wish they would randomly list the candidates, and without the "D" or "R" designation.  The idiots would all cancel each other out.  I'd guess at least 70% of the country would have no idea who to vote for, especially down ballot.  Double bonus: you have to correctly match the POTUS and VP in order for your choice to count!

In Arizona, the R representative for the governor's seat said that there were still 80k? mail in votes that were dropped off the day of election. She's trailing but believes the lion's share of these votes will be red because they don't trust the voting system.

She cited examples of people being called "conspiracy theorists" and cancelled out when they complained about wrongdoing they saw at the polls in the last election. When she ( R governor rep) tried to get the voting system changed for this election it sounds like she was ostracized and ridiculed. Can't imagine wanting things to be fair (eye roll).

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 10:02 AM
posted by BR1986FB

In Arizona, the R representative for the governor's seat said that there were still 80k? mail in votes that were dropped off the day of election. She's trailing but believes the lion's share of these votes will be red because they don't trust the voting system.

She cited examples of people being called "conspiracy theorists" and cancelled out when they complained about wrongdoing they saw at the polls in the last election. When she ( R governor rep) tried to get the voting system changed for this election it sounds like she was ostracized and ridiculed. Can't imagine wanting things to be fair (eye roll).

Hard to see her as an altruistic person in search of fairness.  The only reason we know her name is because she went all in on the 2020 election being stolen in order to get Trump’s stamp of approval.  She claims Arizona was stolen for Biden, yet a nonpartisan audit found nothing of the sort.  Of course she claims the audit was just another part of the conspiracy.  

Election fraud is her one truck pony, so she won’t be giving up on it ever.  

majorspark Senior Member
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 10:29 AM
posted by gut

This would be great.  At least you would have to do some work to identify the candidates party affiliation.  Also imagine the mind fuck some poor schlub would have realizing they mistakenly cast a vote for the opposite party.

I have been voting on election day for 32 yrs.  As long as long as I am physically able it will remain that way.

Fri, Nov 11, 2022 10:44 AM
posted by majorspark

Also imagine the mind fuck some poor schlub would have realizing they mistakenly cast a vote for the opposite party.

That is an SNL skit opportunity.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 10:48 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Seems like wishful thinking on her part.  I would think the opposite - people who don't trust "the system" have and continue to vote overwhelmingly at the polls on election day.  Democrats vote disproportionately by mail, while Republican tend to vote in person more (which really makes no sense - I don't think demographics are nearly so skewed).

But by pretending those remaining mail-in votes should favor her, she's teed it up to claim it was rigged if they don't.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 10:49 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Can't speak to Arizona, but have worked the polls enough in other states to know that any cheating, if it exists, happens downstream.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 10:56 AM

posted by BR1986FB

Huh, you say that a batshit crazy conspiracy theorist preemptively came up with a conspiracy theory, so if she loses, she can throw it all into doubt. I am shocked!
iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 11:25 AM

You should not have to wait this long to find out results of an election. It’s ridiculous.

Trump is going off the rails on whatever bullshit platform he’s on now. Taking shots and Desantis, Younkin, and Fox News. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 11:41 AM

Skepticism over the abject failure to timely deliver honest vote counts is now deemed "batshit crazy conspiracy theories". 

Corporate media has well schooled many. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 11:43 AM
posted by iclfan2

You should not have to wait this long to find out results of an election. It’s ridiculous.

Trump is going off the rails on whatever bullshit platform he’s on now. Taking shots and Desantis, Younkin, and Fox News. 

He took a shot at his own wife & Hannity for recommending backing Oz. That's why I'm hoping Desantis gets the nomination because if Trump were to get elected, all of his 4 years would be nothing more than a "revenge tour" to smite those who opposed him.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 11:57 AM

I don't think there's any chance Trump gets re-elected.  I think he's a big reason the "red wave" was barely a ripple.  If he's on the 2024 ticket, that virtually guarantees Dems control all of government.

But it's still a little weird seeing Kamala and Joe spiking the football claiming victory because they didn't lose as badly as most expected.  You lost - pretending not only did you win, but that it validates your policies just looks grossly incompetent.

majorspark Senior Member
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 1:08 PM
posted by iclfan2

We shouldn't. Our republic is designed to handle the occasional hiccup but when this becomes the norm it's not just ridiculous it's quite dangerous.  This is going to need to be addressed.  

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 2:10 PM
posted by majorspark

We shouldn't. Our republic is designed to handle the occasional hiccup but when this becomes the norm it's not just ridiculous it's quite dangerous.  This is going to need to be addressed.  

Agreed. As I previously mentioned, I don't think that the 2020 election was "stolen" because of padding/omitting votes at the polls (the FBI/social media swayed the election by squashing the Biden laptop) but stuff like this looks extremely suspicious. Need to take any doubt out of this. When other states have their results by 10pm and we're waiting a week for others, something's backwards/out of whack.

Fri, Nov 11, 2022 2:34 PM
posted by Heretic
Huh, you say that a batshit crazy conspiracy theorist preemptively came up with a conspiracy theory, so if she loses, she can throw it all into doubt. I am shocked!

I doubt she’s batshit crazy.  Election fraud is her only truck in the bag.  It’s how she got into Trump’s radar.  She’ll ride that wave all the way into shore.

Fri, Nov 11, 2022 2:35 PM
posted by gut

I don't think there's any chance Trump gets re-elected.  I think he's a big reason the "red wave" was barely a ripple.  If he's on the 2024 ticket, that virtually guarantees Dems control all of government.

But it's still a little weird seeing Kamala and Joe spiking the football claiming victory because they didn't lose as badly as most expected.  You lost - pretending not only did you win, but that it validates your policies just looks grossly incompetent.

Joe likely doesn’t comprehend any of the election stuff going on.

majorspark Senior Member
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 3:03 PM
posted by gut

The best way for the leaders of the republican party to get rid of Trump is to figure out why a large number of their base loathe them.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 3:15 PM
posted by gut

That's just the great world of politics today. The opposition party usually gets nice gains during mid-terms, so set the bar low (We're gonna get crushed!!!!). Then clear that bar and only lose a bit instead of a lot. Spin it to say that since you didn't lose as much as you were expected to, you really won. Brag about how the other party is lost and out-of-touch and clueless because they didn't utterly destroy you.

Because it's a rule that you have to spin EVERYTHING in a "keep going; we're doing great!" way where everything that goes wrong is due to corruption, disinformation, gaslighting, the whole damn system conspiring against you, etc. because you have to keep your voters constantly fired up because every single election is the single greatest and most important day in the entire history of our nation and the entire future of the world depends on how you vote!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login