Disgusted with the Biden administration

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Nov 11, 2022 4:45 PM
posted by Heretic

That's just the great world of politics today. The opposition party usually gets nice gains during mid-terms, so set the bar low (We're gonna get crushed!!!!). Then clear that bar and only lose a bit instead of a lot. Spin it to say that since you didn't lose as much as you were expected to, you really won. Brag about how the other party is lost and out-of-touch and clueless because they didn't utterly destroy you.

Because it's a rule that you have to spin EVERYTHING in a "keep going; we're doing great!" way where everything that goes wrong is due to corruption, disinformation, gaslighting, the whole damn system conspiring against you, etc. because you have to keep your voters constantly fired up because every single election is the single greatest and most important day in the entire history of our nation and the entire future of the world depends on how you vote!

Funny part is before these recent elections, Biden was spinning it like Bobby Boucher's mother "the Republicans are the DEVIL ! They gonna take away your SSI benefits!" Only to backpedal about inviting Dems & Republicans to the White House for "unity" to try to push through his policies when he knows they lost ground in the recent elections.
33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Nov 12, 2022 9:29 PM

Republics nominate Trump and they are fucked. The last 3 elections have shown America ain’t for that dude, or anyone who aligns with him.

Democrats about to take full control of Congress.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 14, 2022 11:44 AM
posted by Laley23

Republics nominate Trump and they are fucked.

I'm kind of surprised he's actually going to run.  I realize he's delusional, but no one thinks he can win the election.  Some are starting to wonder if he will even win the nomination.

Losing is very embarrassing for Trump.  He could always claim the election was stolen again, but that's not as "effective" the second time around.

Weird thing for Repubs these days that you can't win with Trump, and you can't win without him.  Generating enthusiasm among both MAGA and moderates is an almost impossible needle to thread.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Nov 14, 2022 1:10 PM
posted by majorspark

When elections consistently are decided long after election day.  Beware. 

It shouldn't, but Republicans are the ones who don't want counting to begin until election day since Trump did a great job convincing them the elections are rigged. Then the same Republicans complain it takes too long to count mail ins.

https://apnews.com/article/elections-local-elections-9ee577c7a06132f87ddb0217bfcd4b73

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Nov 14, 2022 1:29 PM

Starting to think these states, with messed up voting, have no interest in changing how they operate. Leaves them a bit more "wiggle room." (wink)

Mon, Nov 14, 2022 1:39 PM

There is no conspiracy or rigged elections. No one is cheating or has cheated in the recent past. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Nov 14, 2022 1:41 PM
posted by Laley23

There is no conspiracy or rigged elections. No one is cheating or has cheated in the recent past. 

But the way these states handle it leaves doubt and there should be no doubt. 

Mon, Nov 14, 2022 1:54 PM

There is no doubt unless you are looking for something to blame or look at. There is nothing to point to that suggests any hint of doubt.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Nov 14, 2022 3:36 PM

LOL...when Florida has 7 million+ votes counted within 5 hours yet it takes AZ & NV a week, there's a problem, and it leaves room for doubt. They'd change their systems if they really wanted to.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 14, 2022 4:27 PM
posted by Laley23

Good to know

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 14, 2022 6:55 PM
posted by kizer permanente

It shouldn't, but Republicans are the ones who don't want counting to begin until election day since Trump did a great job convincing them the elections are rigged. Then the same Republicans complain it takes too long to count mail ins.

https://apnews.com/article/elections-local-elections-9ee577c7a06132f87ddb0217bfcd4b73

So what you are saying is both parties are fucking it up it places.  I am shocked.

gut Senior Member
Mon, Nov 14, 2022 7:20 PM
posted by majorspark

So what you are saying is both parties are fucking it up it places.  I am shocked.

Just imagine we made election day a national holiday.

Then imagine, because you got a paid day off to do your civic duty, if we get rid of early voting and 95% of mail-in voting....  The Dems would riot.

Mon, Nov 14, 2022 10:03 PM
posted by gut

Just imagine we made election day a national holiday.

Then imagine, because you got a paid day off to do your civic duty, if we get rid of early voting and 95% of mail-in voting....  The Dems would riot.

I think it would be fine, so long as they let everyone vote and have enough stations for that. No more of the bullshit in Houston years ago.

But then you’d need multiple days. No way could everyone get in during the 10 hour period.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Nov 15, 2022 7:34 AM
posted by majorspark

Only Republicans seem to be complaining about it and casting doubt though?

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Nov 15, 2022 8:37 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Only Republicans seem to be complaining about it and casting doubt though?

Why would Dems complain if they were benefitting from it?

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Nov 15, 2022 10:09 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Why would Dems complain if they were benefitting from it?

Repubs only complain about it in states they lose. They dont have a problem and trust the process in states that have large amounts of mail in ballots that they win.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 15, 2022 10:42 AM
posted by Laley23

There is no doubt unless you are looking for something to blame or look at. There is nothing to point to that suggests any hint of doubt.

I understand what you are saying, but PLEASE tell me that you do not trust the government to have your best interest at heart.  I will trust the word of my worst enemy before I trust anything a government official tells me.  

Literally every person on this earth is self-serving at the core.  Some more than others, some less than others. But government officials, and government as a whole (especially the elites) are the scum of this earth. 2nd perhaps only to Hollywood idiots who use their soap boxes to condescend us peasants. 

Tue, Nov 15, 2022 10:56 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

I understand what you are saying, but PLEASE tell me that you do not trust the government to have your best interest at heart.  I will trust the word of my worst enemy before I trust anything a government official tells me.  

Literally every person on this earth is self-serving at the core.  Some more than others, some less than others. But government officials, and government as a whole (especially the elites) are the scum of this earth. 2nd perhaps only to Hollywood idiots who use their soap boxes to condescend us peasants. 

I dont think anyone runs on anything but self service. They may make policies that inadvertently help many, but if it hurt them, the policy wouldnt exist. 

All I am saying is, I do not think a single election has been rigged. I trust the individuals, and the oversight, and the checks and balances of that process and do not think it would be even close to possible to pull anything off. And 2020 investigations proved that. And so will this Kari Lake impending lawsuit. 

gut Senior Member
Tue, Nov 15, 2022 11:18 AM
posted by Laley23

I think it would be fine, so long as they let everyone vote and have enough stations for that. No more of the bullshit in Houston years ago.

But then you’d need multiple days. No way could everyone get in during the 10 hour period.

We did it not that long ago.  Yeah, the occasional 2-3 hour wait sucks and should be avoided.  But, as you said, it's primarily an issue of how many voting locations you can staff. 

If you lack staffing, then you might need some early voting days.  But it doesn't seem that complicated.  We've complicated the hell out of the process, which is only further exacerbated by calling Republicans racist every time a proposal makes voting slightly more onerous than going to McDonalds.

Mail-in voting or online voting should be fine, but the counting/security/verification process makes all that inherently problematic.  Seeing how easily the best efforts of govt and big business are thwarted by hackers doesn't make me optimistic we can do online voting securely any time in the near future.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Nov 15, 2022 11:23 AM
posted by Laley23

All I am saying is, I do not think a single election has been rigged.

It's tiresome.  If voter fraud is occurring in any meaningful way, it would be small local elections.  Too many votes to pull that off for federal and state elections.  Of course, technology makes it all easier, and that's partly why it takes so long to count votes.  But fraud on a wide-scale basis would be extremely difficult in our current system.

Similarly, I'm tired of hearing how every voter reform proposed is somehow racist.  I don't really understand why common sense voting issues is somehow political and polarized, but there you have it...

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login