Disgusted with the Biden administration

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Jun 30, 2022 1:45 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Inflation sends consumer sentiment down to record low

The University of Michigan's consumer sentiment index for June fell to 50.0, the lowest point on record. "Consumers across income, age, education, geographic region, political affiliation, stockholding and homeownership status all posted large declines," said survey director Joanne Hsu, adding: "47% of consumers blamed inflation for eroding their living standards, just one point shy of the all-time high last reached during the Great Recession."

Full Story: Yahoo (6/28)  

UM is a bastion of liberal / Marxist radicals.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 30, 2022 3:51 PM

Worst first half of the year in the market since 1970. 

Take care.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Jul 11, 2022 7:50 AM

4Chan did a number on the Bidens with the hack of Hunters computer and phone.  

How is this man even the president at this point?

I thought integrity was on the ballot last time?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Jul 15, 2022 5:05 AM

9.1% inflation. Highest in 40 years đź‘Ź.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 15, 2022 9:26 AM
posted by like_that

9.1% inflation. Highest in 40 years đź‘Ź.

Dude, you just have to get used to it!

Sat, Jul 16, 2022 9:26 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Dude, you just have to get used to it!

Buy an electric car too.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 16, 2022 9:58 AM

Could always be worse I guess. My dad said they cut his wages 40% in 1981. Holy hell.

Sat, Jul 16, 2022 12:11 PM
posted by Automatik

Could always be worse I guess. My dad said they cut is wages 40% in 1981. Holy hell.

His employer?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Jul 26, 2022 10:41 AM

whitehouse gov changing definition of a recession

Redefine words and terms; a favorite pastime of leftists.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 26, 2022 1:23 PM
posted by QuakerOat

LOL, I guess sometimes "alternative facts" are convenient?

I'm not a politician, but it seems like they are stumbling to try to say we are already in a recovery.  Although I suppose that route carries some risk with it of a Q3 decline.

Tue, Jul 26, 2022 2:03 PM
posted by QuakerOats

whitehouse gov changing definition of a recession

As though we didn’t have to deal with redefined words and terms from our presidents long before this?  Your buddy was a pro.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 26, 2022 2:15 PM

We have record inflation and store shelves are empty where products we would like to buy even at the higher prices should be. The economy is shit, Mr. President. Call it anything you want, but it's excrement.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 26, 2022 2:46 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

As though we didn’t have to deal with redefined words and terms from our presidents long before this?  Your buddy was a pro.

We currently live in a glorious time where a combination of partisanship and general stupidity among people in general has led politicians to realize they can say virtually anything and their base will swallow every bit of it due to either not wanting to concede ANYTHING to the other side (partisanship) or they actually legit believe it (stupidity).

"The election was stolen" "The economy is not in a recession and we just got them gas prices lowered to only about $1.50 or so more than they were a couple years ago instead of $2.50 more".

But, hey, it keeps all the useful (and useless) idiots on both sides occupied, so they don't have to do anything resembling critical thinking to realize minor details such as how the only winners of these pissing matches are the politicians in charge and the big money donors who have them in their pockets. After all, if there's something wrong in your life, it's the OTHER SIDE causing it, while YOUR SIDE is doing its best, but just can't quite get over the hump due to obstructionists!!

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Jul 26, 2022 3:11 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Pretty sure the leftists have the market cornered on new terms/meanings:

woman - no such thing

birthing person - female or male

her/she/they/it

trans ______________fill-in-the-blank

recession - faux recession

abortion - reproductive right

Marxist - progressive 

and on and on and on ....

Automatik Senior Member
Tue, Jul 26, 2022 3:14 PM

You forgot one....

The Choco Taco just got cancelled.

Immeasurable....

Tue, Jul 26, 2022 3:59 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Pretty sure the leftists have the market cornered on new terms/meanings:

woman - no such thing

birthing person - female or male

her/she/they/it

trans ______________fill-in-the-blank

recession - faux recession

abortion - reproductive right

Marxist - progressive 

and on and on and on ....

I’m not denying all of those examples.  I just don’t understand why people like you are so intent on seeing one side of this as a problem but not the other.  The “elite” you refer to is the political class, not a left or right.  That BS is what the elite pushes.

Kill tens of thousands of Iraqis = they hated us for our freedom

Covid vaccine = population control device

Working with allies = new world order

Criticize Israel = antisemitism 

Separate church and state = war on Christians

It plays both ways.  

Automatik Senior Member
Tue, Jul 26, 2022 4:19 PM

That's easy. People like to cheerlead. 

Tue, Jul 26, 2022 4:29 PM
posted by Automatik

That's easy. People like to cheerlead. 

I guess so.  I’m just very cynical about any of these people.  They all have an agenda.  Collectively the have a huge agenda and it ain’t in any of our interests.  I also think the hypothesis is true that most of these people are psychopaths - not in the figurative “oh that guy’s kind of crazy” kind of way, but in actual able-to-be-diagnosed psychopaths.  If they weren’t from privilege, they’d probably be selling dope and murdering sorority girls.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 26, 2022 6:57 PM

Lol if y’all don’t think the left is absolutely ridiculous, please educate me. The gender shit is never going to fly. Parents care way too much about their kids to let these clowns tell their kids they can be whatever they want and they should learn sexual shit at age 6. It’s never gonna work, but please try to prove me otherwise. The left is too woke for their own good

I also repeatedly said Trump was a dipshit and hope he doesn’t run in 2024. But go put your pronouns in your bio. And I hope you get monkeypox. 

Tue, Jul 26, 2022 9:22 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lol if y’all don’t think the left is absolutely ridiculous, please educate me. The gender shit is never going to fly. Parents care way too much about their kids to let these clowns tell their kids they can be whatever they want and they should learn sexual shit at age 6. It’s never gonna work, but please try to prove me otherwise. The left is too woke for their own good

I also repeatedly said Trump was a dipshit and hope he doesn’t run in 2024. But go put your pronouns in your bio. And I hope you get monkeypox. 

I agree the far left is nuts.  The far right is nuts too.  The problem is that these people represent a fraction of our country.  However they are the ones who command the attention because one provokes the outrage of the other and vice versa.  

Saying they’re both bad but one’s worse than the other is like complementing one turd for not stinking quite as bad as the other turd.  You’re still just giving all your attention to shit.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login