2024 Presidential Election Thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 13, 2024 11:29 AM
posted by iclfan2

This dumb ass arguing is whatever. But our government is so fucking dumb for taking a contract away from Musk for Internet, and now begging him for it. Playing politics that ends up hurting people is so stupid. The left is literally retarded.

I think we've reached peak "career politician".  They don't represent their constituents because they're afraid to buck the party and lose support or get primaried.  So no one is willing to work across the aisle, which creates a downward spiral where everything becomes highly partisan because they can only accomplish something controlling the WH, House and Senate.

The moderates actually willing to work across the aisle, and there weren't many left, have mostly left the shit show over frustration.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 13, 2024 11:37 AM
posted by iclfan2

This dumb ass arguing is whatever. But our government is so fucking dumb for taking a contract away from Musk for Internet, and now begging him for it. Playing politics that ends up hurting people is so stupid. The left is literally retarded.

This is literally what Biden/Harris did with Trump's immigration policy. 

They undid all of it in a big display so they could show their asses and it came back to bite them. 

None of that had to happen. A great example of an unforced error.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 13, 2024 3:39 PM
posted by iclfan2

I am just hearing about it recently, but if what is being reported is true so many people should be removed from office by force or by vote. 

Sun, Oct 13, 2024 6:33 PM

Apparently the cops busted another assassination attempt.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 13, 2024 6:42 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Apparently the cops busted another assassination attempt.

Crazy thing is, if they hate Trump and MAGA so much, then killing him is about as dumb as it gets promoting JD Vance to POTUS for 8 years.
Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 13, 2024 7:27 PM
posted by gut
Crazy thing is, if they hate Trump and MAGA so much, then killing him is about as dumb as it gets promoting JD Vance to POTUS for 8 years.

Do you think the average assassination-happy whack-job is considering the fine details like "How is this going to effect what happens even one second after I've done my thing?" After the guy who realized the best way to get to Trump was to just stake out the local golf courses got caught and his manifesto stuff started getting released, his ramblings could basically get summed up as "I have strong feelings on this. This needs to happen." And that was it. No real thought about how a successful kill shot on the guy running for president just might impact things like political races, or lead to more nutcases declaring open season on any politician they dislike or whatever. Just "Imma shoot my shot and make the world better!!!!!!".

Any rational mind can think: "Even if I think Trump is absolute shit, he's also an old man who doesn't come off as being all there in the brain nowadays and none of his followers remotely have his presence or charisma, so when nature takes its course, MAGA will likely become increasingly irrelevant as time goes on. And if he keeps getting chances to get on a stage and babble out nonsensical word salad, that descent might even happen sooner than expected." But that's not where they're at.

Mon, Oct 14, 2024 1:01 AM

I just looked for a video of Obama talking down to and shaming a group of Asian men.

Can't find any clips of him doing that to Indians, Muslims, Native Americans or any other group.

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 14, 2024 8:52 AM
posted by Heretic

Do you think the average assassination-happy whack-job is considering the fine details like "How is this going to effect what happens even one second after I've done my thing?" After the guy who realized the best way to get to Trump was to just stake out the local golf courses got caught and his manifesto stuff started getting released, his ramblings could basically get summed up as "I have strong feelings on this. This needs to happen." And that was it. No real thought about how a successful kill shot on the guy running for president just might impact things like political races, or lead to more nutcases declaring open season on any politician they dislike or whatever. Just "Imma shoot my shot and make the world better!!!!!!".

Any rational mind can think: "Even if I think Trump is absolute shit, he's also an old man who doesn't come off as being all there in the brain nowadays and none of his followers remotely have his presence or charisma, so when nature takes its course, MAGA will likely become increasingly irrelevant as time goes on. And if he keeps getting chances to get on a stage and babble out nonsensical word salad, that descent might even happen sooner than expected." But that's not where they're at.

This is where DeSantis played himself.  He could've been the VP and easily ridden the MAGA wave in 2028/2032.

Mon, Oct 14, 2024 10:34 AM
posted by Trueblue23

This is where DeSantis played himself.  He could've been the VP and easily ridden the MAGA wave in 2028/2032.

I think De Santis is a great governor. I'm not sure how he'd be as VP but I'd venture he'd be better than Vance. But that's me being disinterested in Vance. I will say that he's the only one on the tickets who knows what it is to be dirt poor, living in a house that went into debt just to eat. Perhaps the working class/working poor can identify with him the most.

I think Tulsi would have been the better pick. She would have been the one reason for me to vote Trump. I'm not the only one who thinks that way, either. 

I still think that Harris wins in the end. Too many people completely buy into the polls. I think they are fun to look at in their own right, but 2016 showed me that the models are lacking.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 14, 2024 10:44 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pressure-mounts-cbs-news-release-full-kamala-harris-interview-transcript

"Given how awful Harris looked even after CBS chose to deceive its viewers, this may well be the last serious interview she does before Election Day: The network has a clear duty to the public to share the whole thing,"

The fact that CBS @60minutes is refusing to release the full, unedited transcript of its interview with Kamala Harris is a huge scandal. Suggests that much of the entire finished product was manipulative and deceitful, and not just the one horrible example that was discovered.

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 14, 2024 11:28 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I think De Santis is a great governor. I'm not sure how he'd be as VP but I'd venture he'd be better than Vance. But that's me being disinterested in Vance. I will say that he's the only one on the tickets who knows what it is to be dirt poor, living in a house that went into debt just to eat. Perhaps the working class/working poor can identify with him the most.

I think Tulsi would have been the better pick. She would have been the one reason for me to vote Trump. I'm not the only one who thinks that way, either. 

I still think that Harris wins in the end. Too many people completely buy into the polls. I think they are fun to look at in their own right, but 2016 showed me that the models are lacking.

Yeah Tulsi would've been my pick as well. 

And Im with you, I still think she wins - I have it 272 - 266

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 14, 2024 1:15 PM

Vance is actually pretty good. His original detractors didn’t last long. 

Also, lol this is Bill campaigning for Kamala? He’s basically supporting Trump.

https://x.com/trumpwarroom/status/1845868462796603583?s=46&t=6w2XbPMrNrOkLnwSSn4TOQ

Mon, Oct 14, 2024 1:46 PM
posted by iclfan2

Vance is actually pretty good. His original detractors didn’t last long. 

Also, lol this is Bill campaigning for Kamala? He’s basically supporting Trump.

https://x.com/trumpwarroom/status/1845868462796603583?s=46&t=6w2XbPMrNrOkLnwSSn4TOQ

None of this makes sense to me. 

On one side Dems are "Abort your babies, fuck yeah!" and then out of the other side of their mouths they say "We aren't having enough babies to do manual labor!"

My best guess is that they only want to flood our borders so then can have a whole class of indentured servants again? 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Oct 14, 2024 1:48 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

On one side Dems are "Abort your babies, fuck yeah!" and then out of the other side of their mouths they say "We aren't having enough babies to do manual labor!"

My best guess is that they only want to flood our borders so then can have a whole class of indentured servants again? 

Don't forget lifetime voters as well as the indentured servants....

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Oct 14, 2024 1:49 PM
posted by Trueblue23

Yeah Tulsi would've been my pick as well. 

And Im with you, I still think she wins - I have it 272 - 266

Tulsi would have been my first choice of everyone currently on the "scene", I think she would have won easy no matter if she had a D or an R next to her name.

I just don't know who will win currently, It will be real close around 270 each either way.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 14, 2024 1:50 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So they can have more Democrat voters. The replacement theory myth keeps getting a bit more real. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Oct 14, 2024 2:24 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

What I find interesting is the cries of "abortion isn't murder" yet recently some guy up in Cleveland got convicted of 6 counts of murder, 5 adults and one unborn baby in the womb. I've stated before I'm not an anti-abortion type but I find it interesting the picking & choosing.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Oct 14, 2024 2:26 PM
posted by iclfan2

So they can have more Democrat voters. The replacement theory myth keeps getting a bit more real. 

At least with illegals. They may not be legal to vote but if their child is born here you basically have Democrat producing machines.

Mon, Oct 14, 2024 2:28 PM
posted by jmog

Tulsi would have been my first choice of everyone currently on the "scene", I think she would have won easy no matter if she had a D or an R next to her name.

I just don't know who will win currently, It will be real close around 270 each either way.

Agreed. She can make sense and talk in direct lines, which is something Americans are almost desperately wanting. And for those who care about what people look like, she's a "woman of color". Because identity politics is something that the majority of college grads have deemed important to them. I think that's a really regressive outlook, but here we are.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login