2024 Presidential Election Thread

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 125 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Oct 15, 2024 7:50 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

The great replacement theory is a bullshit argument. Complete and total bullshit. 

Yeah, sure is (eye roll)...

https://thefederalist.com/2024/09/04/democrats-want-to-keep-the-u-s-border-wide-open-as-an-electoral-strategy/

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 15, 2024 8:10 AM
posted by jmog

I don’t disagree, but so is the theory that the parties swapped magically back in the 60s, but people still believe that as well.  

Yeah, it started in 1968 with Nixon's southern strategy. But, it took the 70s, and then really Reagan's 1980 election for it to hold. Even then, it still took the rise of the religious right to for it to be complete. 

Tue, Oct 15, 2024 8:12 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, sure is (eye roll)...

https://thefederalist.com/2024/09/04/democrats-want-to-keep-the-u-s-border-wide-open-as-an-electoral-strategy/

Good source...

Also, the underlying assumption that they will all vote democrat is heavily flawed looking at states like Florida and Texas. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Oct 15, 2024 8:23 AM

Good source...

Also, the underlying assumption that they will all vote democrat is heavily flawed looking at states like Florida and Texas. 

Might be "heavily flawed" in theory but it's still the intent, per Pelosi. Regardless of the source, she said it.

Tue, Oct 15, 2024 9:29 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Might be "heavily flawed" in theory but it's still the intent, per Pelosi. Regardless of the source, she said it.

It's one thing to be supportive of immigration and immigration reform. It is another to jump to the conclusion that that means they will automatically vote Democrat and that will replacing white population in order to gain votes. 

This is partly why we cannot reform our immigration system. Because, any effort to try and find a way to bring citizenship to illegals gets blasted as amnesty like in that article. 

The whole discussion also parades in racist tropes that is used by the far right and neo nazi idiots too. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 15, 2024 10:42 AM

Racism lives under your bed, Ptown ffs

Tue, Oct 15, 2024 10:45 AM

Speaking of racism: remember when we were told that it was bullshit and racist to believe that a Venezuelan gang had overtaken an apartment building in Aurora, Colorado?

Turns out it was true!

Not only true, but it's happened to a handful of apartment complexes. But not the whole town yet (lol)

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 15, 2024 10:54 AM

Not following...who told you it was bullshit? 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Oct 15, 2024 11:16 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Speaking of racism: remember when we were told that it was bullshit and racist to believe that a Venezuelan gang had overtaken an apartment building in Aurora, Colorado?

Turns out it was true!

Not only true, but it's happened to a handful of apartment complexes. But not the whole town yet (lol)

Imagine that? Maybe something crazy like the consumption of house pets in Southern Ohio will turn out to be true too?

Tue, Oct 15, 2024 11:24 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Racism lives under your bed, Ptown ffs

The great replacement theory is very prominent on the neo nazi and very right wing sites. 

Tue, Oct 15, 2024 11:25 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Imagine that? Maybe something crazy like the consumption of house pets in Southern Ohio will turn out to be true too?

I think that ABC was in such a rush to make Trump look bad that they finally used the truth to point out that Trump said the whole city. It's an amazing thing to witness!

Tue, Oct 15, 2024 11:25 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Turns out it was true!

No one denied it wasn't happening....it was the entire town was being overrun and crime was dramatically increasing.

The sheriff had debunked that portion, so not sure what you are talking about. 

Tue, Oct 15, 2024 11:27 AM
posted by BR1986FB

No it is not. Continue to live in your fantasy land.

Tue, Oct 15, 2024 11:46 AM

No one denied it wasn't happening....it was the entire town was being overrun and crime was dramatically increasing.

The sheriff had debunked that portion, so not sure what you are talking about. 

You're right, nobody here said it wasn't happening. But we can argue over the idea that apartment buildings being taken over by gangs does lead to a rise in crime. 

What I was pointing out was that somebody, maybe you?, told us it was a racist thing to point out. Just like any other time illegal immigration, migrants, etc is brought up. Muh racist tropes!!¿!!

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Oct 15, 2024 11:58 AM

No it is not. Continue to live in your fantasy land.

Yeah, and neither was the Hunter Biden laptop or what was proven to be true in Colorado.

Tue, Oct 15, 2024 12:25 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, and neither was the Hunter Biden laptop or what was proven to be true in Colorado.

Wellllll, that's all just a misunderstanding. We are supposed to take MSNBC seriously and not literally 😂 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Oct 15, 2024 12:29 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

You're right, nobody here said it wasn't happening. But we can argue over the idea that apartment buildings being taken over by gangs does lead to a rise in crime. 

What I was pointing out was that somebody, maybe you?, told us it was a racist thing to point out. Just like any other time illegal immigration, migrants, etc is brought up. Muh racist tropes!!¿!!

living in Ohio and being concerned with an apartment building in Colorado lol  We have trouble complexes shut down all that time in Columbus....Colonial Village, Windsor terrace, Wedgwood, Poindexter Village.  This case while probably partially true certainly has been exaggerated and used for certain agendas, but only democrats get influenced by media i guess.

Statements by the police officials and the mayor directly contradict many parts of this story but im sure a story from my cousins uncles neighbor on 4chan has the truth

After Trump's visit, Coffman said he was disappointed Trump did not get to see more of the city.

"I cannot overstate enough that nothing was said (Friday) that has not been said before and for which the city has not responded with the facts," Coffman said in a statement shared with USA TODAY. "Again, the reality is that the concerns about Venezuelan gang activity in our city – and our state – have been grossly exaggerated and have unfairly hurt the city’s identity and sense of safety."

this was yesterday quote from the mayor

Tue, Oct 15, 2024 12:51 PM
posted by geeblock

living in Ohio and being concerned with an apartment building in Colorado lol  We have trouble complexes shut down all that time in Columbus....Colonial Village, Windsor terrace, Wedgwood, Poindexter Village.  This case while probably partially true certainly has been exaggerated and used for certain agendas, but only democrats get influenced by media i guess.

Statements by the police officials and the mayor directly contradict many parts of this story but im sure a story from my cousins uncles neighbor on 4chan has the truth

After Trump's visit, Coffman said he was disappointed Trump did not get to see more of the city.

"I cannot overstate enough that nothing was said (Friday) that has not been said before and for which the city has not responded with the facts," Coffman said in a statement shared with USA TODAY. "Again, the reality is that the concerns about Venezuelan gang activity in our city – and our state – have been grossly exaggerated and have unfairly hurt the city’s identity and sense of safety."

this was yesterday quote from the mayor

Well, if you don't bring up something that you think might be important to discuss, that others might not know about, that's not our fault. Why not make a topic about it?

The last section of your post is almost impossible for me to read clearly, not sure what your brothers uncles neighbors cousins girlfriend had to say.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 15, 2024 12:54 PM

Read it again. He's combatting the "people are saying" nonsense that gets spewed here daily.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 15, 2024 1:30 PM

Yeah, it started in 1968 with Nixon's southern strategy. But, it took the 70s, and then really Reagan's 1980 election for it to hold. Even then, it still took the rise of the religious right to for it to be complete. 

So you believe the parties magically switched sides too? And yet called BR’s “replacement theory” BS?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login