2024 Presidential Election Thread

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 7:53 PM
posted by BR1986FB

There are still people calling into radio stations swearing their migrant neighbors are BBQing cats and have called the cops on them. 

After rethinking this, I call bullshit because these migrants are probably eating better than us with their freeloader government assistance checks they're getting. No need to go "old school" and fry up a feline.

Except this is just a stereotype. They are actually hard working and paying taxes. 

geeblock Member
CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 8:20 PM

Watching some focus group responses from MSNBC, CNN, etc and the people in these groups are saying that they still don't know enough about Kamala because she didn't answer the questions that reflected their concerns. 

I think these other outlets are eating this up. CNN for example can strut because they had better mods and were more balanced.

Also, CNBC hosts going off on the mod bias.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 8:21 PM
posted by geeblock

Except this is just a stereotype. They are actually hard working and paying taxes. 

Tell that to the local migrant "workers" at my local Walmart who get out of their van, like it's a clown car (8-10 of them), fill up 3-4 carts with food then pay for it with the old SNAP card, or whatever they're calling it these days. And that's not an isolated incident.

ts1227 Senior Member
12,351 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 8:57 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Watching some focus group responses from MSNBC, CNN, etc and the people in these groups are saying that they still don't know enough about Kamala because she didn't answer the questions that reflected their concerns. 

I think these other outlets are eating this up. CNN for example can strut because they had better mods and were more balanced.

Also, CNBC hosts going off on the mod bias.

I don’t think they’re saying anything that isn’t true. She was still light on policy because the primary strategy was to bait Trump and let him make a fool of himself, which worked better than even they expected it to.

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:09 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Tell that to the local migrant "workers" at my local Walmart who get out of their van, like it's a clown car (8-10 of them), fill up 3-4 carts with food then pay for it with the old SNAP card, or whatever they're calling it these days. And that's not an isolated incident.

And for everyone of those there are 5 white people who do it also. So what.  (For the record I think you just made that up) but for the sake of argument it means nothing except for a stereotype. Let me guess they had an iPhone. This is the story people tell when they want to look cool at parties when they talk about illegals, it goes a round and round but really it’s just a story people tell because they don’t like immigrants. They say the same about black people. Rarely do you hear this story told about the largest group in this country who get food stamps which is white people. 

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:26 PM
posted by ts1227

I don’t think they’re saying anything that isn’t true. She was still light on policy because the primary strategy was to bait Trump and let him make a fool of himself, which worked better than even they expected it to.

Which he did, better than anyone has seen before, he's the best big beautiful fool, better than anybody could believe!

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:35 PM

US is 71% white…wonder why white people use food stamps more than any other?

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:41 PM
posted by geeblock

And for everyone of those there are 5 white people who do it also. So what.  (For the record I think you just made that up) but for the sake of argument it means nothing except for a stereotype. Let me guess they had an iPhone. This is the story people tell when they want to look cool at parties when they talk about illegals, it goes a round and round but really it’s just a story people tell because they don’t like immigrants. They say the same about black people. Rarely do you hear this story told about the largest group in this country who get food stamps which is white people. 

Actually, a lot of it is very much true. Back in the late 90's into the 2000's, in California, the typical/common practice was to go to work that way*. They got paid a lot less than citizens, too. Not only that, but they piled up in apartments or track homes to divide up the expenses to the smallest amounts possible. They did this for two reasons:

1.) they were saving up for their coyotes

2.) they were saving up money to send back to their families in their home countries (they never carried money on the trip out of fear of the coyotes taking it from them)

I can't speak to their grocery shopping habits.

It has nothing to do whatsoever about liking them as people or not. It's the practice of it. That's just how the system works in California. And it's exactly why the far left doesn't like the practice of flooding the borders. They say it causes wage suppression to American workers and enables corporate greed and they have some good points in that. And in the meantime the people in favor of flooding the borders have successfully managed to get about half of our country accusing the other half of racism.

*If anybody has hired the Amish to do any construction (like a barn or house) they know that the Amish do the very same thing - pile up in a van. 

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:45 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Actually, a lot of it is very much true. Back in the late 90's into the 2000's, in California, the typical/common practice was to go to work that way. They got paid a lot less than citizens, too. Not only that, but they piled up in apartments or track homes to divide up the expenses to the smallest amounts possible. They did this for two reasons:

2.) they were saving up money to send back to their families in their home countries (they never carried money on the trip out of fear of the coyotes taking it from them)

It has nothing to do whatsoever about liking them as people or not. It's the practice of it. That's just how the system works in California. And it's exactly why the far left doesn't like the practice of flooding the borders. They say it causes wage suppression to American workers and enables corporate greed and they have some good points in that. And in the meantime the people in favor of flooding the borders have successfully managed to get about half of our country accusing the other half of racism.

Also has nothing to do with committing crimes or eating cats. Every group that came to this country had to live like that. That is the point. And of course whites make up more of people on welfare and there are a higher percentage of black people on welfare than whites. But somehow we never talk about it. Welfare=black or immigrants. People don’t travel halfway around the world for a better life that don’t also have the motivation to want to work and take part in the American dream just like your forefathers did. 

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:46 PM
posted by geeblock

Also has nothing to do with committing crimes or eating cats. 

That's not what we were talking about about.

Also I edited my post to add some things I forgot

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:49 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

That's not what we were talking about about.

Also I edited my post to add some things I forgot

That is what we were talking about and then when it came out that they weren’t eating cats then it was well they are all on food stamps . When there was literally a post from a factory from the owner saying the Haitians were his best workers 

posted by Ironman92

US is 71% white…wonder why white people use food stamps more than any other?

Nobody said they didn't. If I missed somebody saying that, please point it out to me, because I don't mind being wrong about something.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
posted by CenterBHSFan

Actually, a lot of it is very much true. Back in the late 90's into the 2000's, in California, the typical/common practice was to go to work that way*. They got paid a lot less than citizens, too. Not only that, but they piled up in apartments or track homes to divide up the expenses to the smallest amounts possible. They did this for two reasons:

*If anybody has hired the Amish to do any construction (like a barn or house) they know that the Amish do the very same thing - pile up in a van. 

Amish get it done lol. Always driven by a local country guy. They’ve done two big jobs for me and both were done that day lol. About 5 Amish, driver guy helped, would include a kid or 2….age 11-13 I’d guess

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:51 PM
posted by geeblock

That is what we were talking about and then when it came out that they weren’t eating cats then it was well they are all on welfare. When there was literally a post from a factory from the owner saying the Haitians were his best workers 

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:52 PM

In my estimation and experience immigrants/migrants work twice as hard, work more than one job and do jobs others don’t want more than American citizens. You can feel free to disagree. 

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:53 PM
posted by Ironman92

Amish get it done lol. Always driven by a local country guy. They’ve done two big jobs for me and both were done that day lol. About 5 Amish, driver guy helped, would include a kid or 2….age 11-13 I’d guess

They built my new barn almost two years ago in three days. Two story, fitted my water hookups.

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 9:54 PM
posted by geeblock

In my estimation and experience immigrants/migrants work twice as hard, work more than one job and do jobs others don’t want more than American citizens. You can feel free to disagree. 

I said the very same thing back in, I think, the first version of this site.

geeblock Member
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 10:01 PM

There is a guy that picked me up in Uber one day and he said he lived in my neighborhood and is a migrant from Iraq. Young guy problqvy 30 or so. He gave me his number and I have requested ride’s numerous times since then. This guy does 8 hours a day on Uber and 8 hours a day on Lyft 6 days a week. And u can text him on the side for a ride. He has a beautiful home and his kids go to great schools.  Great example of people taking hold of the American dream. He came here with less than 100 dollars. 

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 11:18 PM
posted by geeblock

There is a guy that picked me up in Uber one day and he said he lived in my neighborhood and is a migrant from Iraq. Young guy problqvy 30 or so. He gave me his number and I have requested ride’s numerous times since then. This guy does 8 hours a day on Uber and 8 hours a day on Lyft 6 days a week. And u can text him on the side for a ride. He has a beautiful home and his kids go to great schools.  Great example of people taking hold of the American dream. He came here with less than 100 dollars. 

Back in the day there was a poster here called Isidore. We used to argue all the time. Their argument was that people shouldn't have to work very hard to have a "standard of living". I argued that there is nothing wrong with working hard, budgeting and making some sacrifices of luxuries (think maybe only having 1 streaming service instead of 5). That argument with me and others with Isi never ended. To Isi it was a bootstraps mentality which was a myth and bad. To me it was making practical decisions, sacrificing now to get ahead and having an easier time in life later.

Anyway, that is one of the BIG differences between me and the far left. While I do agree with them on a bunch of things, there will always be a divide between people like me and them on just how much govt should plan and rule your life.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login