2024 Presidential Election Thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 1:56 PM
posted by Automatik

I take most X posts with a grain of salt. It's gone to shit, but there's a lot of truth to the Aurora madness. It's been going for a while....way longer than the media has been leading on. 

Also my gf is Venezuelan. Her fam is pissed about all of it. "Gives them a bad name." I feel bad for the constant bashing considering 98% of her family/friends are here legally.  

I've tried to look into it somewhat superficially. There is nothing I can find that tells the story of what is really happening with that clip of a bunch of guys, some with guns, climbing up stairs and going into an apt.  

It's probably going to be one of those stories without conclusion.

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 1:57 PM

Trump was fact checked 5 times and Kamala was never fact checked.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 2:10 PM

Aurora is the hood, well parts of it. 

Vzla fuckheads basically took over an apartment complex and the mayor/police have been fiddle fucking around. 

I'd suggest SWAT roll in, round up and deport the shit out of all of them. 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 110 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 2:12 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I know no one ever seems to be happy with the moderators at these things.  But in all, I thought these two weren't bad.

I agree. I am a fan of David Muir. 
Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 2:21 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Trump was fact checked 5 times and Kamala was never fact checked.

I didn’t keep a score count, but this seems reasonable. However, did they fact check him or call bullshit on him for the eating pet’s tirade, or the aborting babies after birth diatribe.

They both lied, but Trump flat out told some whoppers. Most of the rest told on both sides were just cheese burgers.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 2:28 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Wait, what? Is that what Twitter is on about? lol

Hilariously, yes. A number of accounts suddenly started posting rumors that Kamala's earrings were actually this brand of earpiece earrings that were feeding her answers because of a vague similarity in appearance. The sort of thing that makes me think she must have "won" the debate in the view of the public if those dolts are that desperate to muddy the waters.

The great thing is that this is only the second funniest right-wing Twitter thing of the past 48 hours or so. Someone decided to ride this whole "THEY'RE EATING PETS!!!!!" stuff as far as it could go. I've seen AI pics/vids that are just awesome in that "well, that's not gonna stop the 'they're weird' line the Ds have going" way. My current favorite is a pic of Trump in a suit holding a big gun, riding a giant housecat, leading an army of smaller cats. There's also a vid of him holding a cat and running.

We are truly living in a time. What sort of time, I'm not sure...but it has me 50/50 between being afraid and laughing uncontrollably, so that's something!

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 2:35 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

I didn’t keep a score count, but this seems reasonable. However, did they fact check him or call bullshit on him for the eating pet’s tirade, or the aborting babies after birth diatribe.

They both lied, but Trump flat out told some whoppers. Most of the rest told on both sides were just cheese burgers.

Oh please, DA.

You can be fair and still admit to the truth of things. And the fact that the mods never fact checked her on things like Russiagate, both sides and IVF is just pointing out the obvious.

And I promise you, you will still be a fair person, and can still hate Trump, by just admitting to simple truths. 

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 2:39 PM
posted by Heretic

My current favorite is a pic of Trump in a suit holding a big gun, riding a giant housecat, leading an army of smaller cats. There's also a vid of him holding a cat and running.

Thats hilarious!

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 3:15 PM
posted by Automatik

I take most X posts with a grain of salt. It's gone to shit, but there's a lot of truth to the Aurora madness. It's been going for a while....way longer than the media has been leading on. 

Also my gf is Venezuelan. Her fam is pissed about all of it. "Gives them a bad name." I feel bad for the constant bashing considering 98% of her family/friends are here legally.  

The people I know, who did it the right way (got citizenship legally), are pissed about the illegals and want them deported.

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 3:47 PM

Well, DeWine is sending troopers and money to Springfield to help cope with the incompetency of the federal government.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 124 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 3:59 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, DeWine is sending troopers and money to Springfield to help cope with the incompetency of the federal government.

There are still people calling into radio stations swearing their migrant neighbors are BBQing cats and have called the cops on them. 

After rethinking this, I call bullshit because these migrants are probably eating better than us with their freeloader government assistance checks they're getting. No need to go "old school" and fry up a feline.

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 4:02 PM

Hey, if you can grab the pussy, eat the pussy!

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 4:02 PM
posted by BR1986FB

The people I know, who did it the right way (got citizenship legally), are pissed about the illegals and want them deported.

Legally is a loose term regarding most Venezuelan migrants. The OGs who came most likely were a mix of entering with a visa, overstaying, then claiming political asylum or just giving yourself up at the border and claiming asylum right then and there. I guess the latter would be deemed illegal, but then once you get asylum you have legal status and SS# and work permit are a few months away. My GF's family all entered via option 1 ~4 years ago, but some (the ones who didn't give a fuck or couldn't get a visa) went with option 2.

TPS opened up a whole new can of worms allowing Venezuelans already here to claim family members and grant them entry, if they declare they can take care of them financially. Again, "legal." 

Not saying you, but the majority of people spouting off about immigration, migrant criminals, blah blah, don't understand the nuances of the situation(s). 

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 4:32 PM

I know when I was in Ca. and hiring people, I had to get a lawyer to school me on who I could legally hire and all that. The hiring practices back then were akin to playing landmine because the fakes (ID's and Visa's) were SO close to the real deal. I can only imagine the level of sophistication there is currently. Glad I don't have to hopscotch my way through all of that anymore!

Wed, Sep 11, 2024 4:37 PM

That damn Heretic got me looking up some of these memes

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 4:45 PM

I turned it on for 7 minutes. It was fine, and then Trump said Kamala wanted to have transgender surgery to illegal immigrants in prison who are eating your pets. 

I uhhhh, couldn't do it any further. I hope you all understand. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 4:53 PM

posted by CenterBHSFan

That damn Heretic got me looking up some of these memes

Looks like I succeeded in my job for today!
QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 5:25 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It is not incompetency, it is purposeful and planned.  The leftists want the chaos.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 5:29 PM
posted by BR1986FB

There are still people calling into radio stations swearing their migrant neighbors are BBQing cats and have called the cops on them. 

After rethinking this, I call bullshit because these migrants are probably eating better than us with their freeloader government assistance checks they're getting. No need to go "old school" and fry up a feline.

If the media is falling all over themselves to say it is not happening, you can pretty much be sure that we will find out someday that it is indeed happening.  It sort of reminds of when they said border patrol agents were riding horseback and whipping illegal crossers.  They have zero shame in lying. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Sep 11, 2024 6:26 PM

The “eating people’s pets” thing may go down as one of the stupidest things ever said at a presidential debate.

Trump’s hardcore followers were who he catered to last night.  I don’t understand that strategy.  Harris spoke to people in the middle who may not know much about her, which made sense.

In all his ranting and raving, it became obvious how deeply she got under his skin.  That made me imagine this guy in a room with a sophisticated adversary…the strategy for taking him down couldn’t be more obvious.  He cannot keep his cool; his coherence diminishes quickly when he’s flustered; his thoughts become disjointed and he loses the plot.  You can see how Putin had him eating from his hand after their summit.

I think the debate was a huge L for Trump.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login