2024 Presidential Election Thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 5:22 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

LoL. Your own post complaining about illegals is part of it. Quakers post is also an example. Hell even the post that referenced Springfield that started this whole conversation.

But, I was also making a larger point about the entire wing of the Stephen Miller party on the right that showed its ugly head online yesterday. 

You obviously haven't been paying attention as you didn't even know what was going on. 

My post did no such thing.

Citations.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 5:29 PM

Get a fucking local source https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/springfield-mayor-investigation-into-businesses-immigration-continues/W4OJQYSNUBF7JCMSD72VVQGNQI/#

They are under protected legal status from the 2021 governmental crisis in Haiti. 

Now, I think it is a very legit question and right question to ask how and why the immigrants all came to Springfield. But, reads like some businesses attracted them and then more followed. 

The outcry is borderline racist as people are assuming the people coming are bad and will lead to more crime, when the city of Springfield has said crime has not went up. The challenge is a very an infrastructure one, and having a city grow like this in population brings growing pains. The state and feds should kick in to offset the strains from the city.

You really want to solve the issue for real? Pass a complete overhaul of the immigration system in Congress. 

But, Republicans in Congress do not want to do that. 

Your last sentence is a complete lie, and you know it.  R's crafted a REAL bill, and dems wouldn't give it the time of day in the senate.  Alternatively, dems attached asinine legislation to a bill that R's rightly denied, as would any real American.

Regardless, the first thing to do in a crisis, especially a liberal government-created crisis, is STOP THE BLEEDING.  Shut the border down, remain in Mexico, and keep it closed for ten years until sanity prevails.  If this catastrophe wasn't 100% planned and purposeful by the leftists in the biden/harris regime, it would be full on insanity.  But they did it on purpose!!

Lastly, you had to bring race into the conversation, how predictable.  This is really about overrunning the nation with millions and millions of illegals; they can't be hired, they are being provided everything at taxpayer cost at a time when we have $35 trillion in debt and growing by billions daily, and leftists want them to vote (for more big government).   It is completely unsustainable (and I thought leftists died on the altar of sustainability).

Leftists destroy everything they touch. 

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 5:34 PM

Actually, the far left doesn't like flooding our country with illegal immigrants because they don't want wage suppression. They also don't want Dem corporate donors getting such low wage workers at the expense of the working poor. "Flooding the borders is a Koch brothers idea"

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 6:10 PM

If any other spaz, besides the fucking coward, can find a post, paragraph, sentence or word of mine that is racist I'd like to see it.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
geeblock Member
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 6:57 PM

To ptowns point when people that are different move into your area it can create fear and hysteria where there shouldn’t be. 99 percent of migrants just want to work and have the American dream just like you or I 

https://x.com/africanarchives/status/1832427100978237616?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

I present 1957. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 7:07 PM
posted by geeblock

To ptowns point when people that are different move into your area it can create fear and hysteria where there shouldn’t be. 99 percent of migrants just want to work and have the American dream just like you or I 

lol 99%? That’s quite the made up number. And no, ptown falsely assumes immigrants don’t commit crimes apparently, which is patently false. Even if you believe the left’s rhetoric that illegals commit crimes at a lesser rate than native born citizens, they are still committing overall crime (which would be avoidable if the border wasn’t a sieve). And if NYC (among others) refuses to report crimes based on citizenship status, how could anyone actually know the crime rate numbers?  I imagine the Aurora and Springfield stories are extremely sensationalized, but I also imagine that there are some real issues with them there. Some of the pet memes have been pretty funny though. 

That a lot of immigrants come to do work, and that some also come bc they’re shitty and have to leave their own country can both be true. 

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 7:15 PM
posted by geeblock

https://x.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1833594196630114747?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

There are cat stories now, too?

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 7:19 PM
posted by geeblock

https://x.com/africanarchives/status/1832427100978237616?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

I present 1957. 

It's really nice of you to attempt to be his mouthpiece, and I appreciate the honest effort. 

But if Ptown wants to accuse, or borderline accuse, people on this site of racism, then it is his job point out where exactly it is. Because he's gotten entirely too comfortable accusing people of shit without any evidence. 

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 7:31 PM

I think that if Kamala loses it going to be the fault of the party bosses. I think we all knew for some time that Biden didn't have enough of himself left to run again. So if we all knew it, then you know the party bosses knew before we did, simply because they worked and talked with him in person. So they should have told him/threatened him well before the debates. 

And if he's not well enough to run for president again, he's not well enough now. They could have easily 25th Amendmented him several months before that debate and Kamala would actually be president right now, campaigning with the added advantage of being the sitting President. Then the establishment Dems could already have what they so desperately want, which is a woman president.

I really think they messed up.

geeblock Member
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 7:46 PM
posted by iclfan2

lol 99%? That’s quite the made up number. And no, ptown falsely assumes immigrants don’t commit crimes apparently, which is patently false. Even if you believe the left’s rhetoric that illegals commit crimes at a lesser rate than native born citizens, they are still committing overall crime (which would be avoidable if the border wasn’t a sieve). And if NYC (among others) refuses to report crimes based on citizenship status, how could anyone actually know the crime rate numbers?  I imagine the Aurora and Springfield stories are extremely sensationalized, but I also imagine that there are some real issues with them there. Some of the pet memes have been pretty funny though. 

That a lot of immigrants come to do work, and that some also come bc they’re shitty and have to leave their own country can both be true. 

I’m pretty sure there is data that has been posted here that immigrants commit crimes at lower rates than US citizens. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 7:47 PM

Right back at you. I'm tired of the same old trope that all immigrants are lazy, suck resources, and increase crime.

It's the same shit I have seen for years. I remember having these same conversations in the 90s when the Somali population increased in Columbus, especially on the west side of town. 

A lot of that Somali population was a problem

geeblock Member
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 7:52 PM
posted by iclfan2

I think in this conversation we have to separate illegals, immigrants, migrants etc.. I don’t think it’s appropriate to bring up NYC and try to lump the border into this conversation. 

this specific group was given asylum because they were facing genocide or something correct? Similar to when the Somali population came to Columbus years ago. The school district there reported 450 students entered their school from this population and has been a challenge.. that isn’t exactly 20,000. I’ve seen widespread reporting of numbers but I’m fairly certain at this point it’s clover to 10,000 than 20. Just my opinion as what I’ve read about it. 

Being different, smelling different, speaking a different language, eating different foods doesn’t equal danger or crimes. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 7:54 PM

Anyone can feel to correct anything I got wrong but this seems like fake news 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Sep 10, 2024 7:57 PM

My mom placed workers into big companies and businesses back when the Somali stuff got going. Some deal behind doors was made and  then all of a sudden she had to place the Somalian people into these jobs.  They lost huge client after huge client for all the issues they were having.

I’m sure many, maybe most were fine but I know from family experience that there were kinda significant issues.

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 8:05 PM
posted by geeblock

I’m pretty sure there is data that has been posted here that immigrants commit crimes at lower rates than US citizens. 

There are plenty of articles stating that. But how can they possibly know that if cities don’t report crime based on citizenship? It’s just an educated guess at that point. And even if they do commit crimes at a lower rate, it is still an increase in the absolute number of crimes, which is still an issue since it is avoidable. 

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 8:07 PM
posted by Ironman92

My mom placed workers into big companies and businesses back when the Somali stuff got going. Some deal behind doors was made and  then all of a sudden she had to place the Somalian people into these jobs.  They lost huge client after huge client for all the issues they were having.

I’m sure many, maybe most were fine but I know from family experience that there were kinda significant issues.

There is a ton of people in DC who make very nice salary packages to figure out where the problems are in advance and then make me necessarry adjustments to avoid all of this. 

This falls into the lap of DC imo

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 9:06 PM

Kamala's hair and makeup are on point, but she needs some sort of color. Kind of like Trump's tie breaks up the monochrome. 

I liked how she greeted Trump.

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 9:30 PM

And she needs to stop swallowing so hard. It's coming out of the mic kinda loud. 

She dinged him by saying that Goldman Sachs didn't like Trump's economic plan. 

He has dinged her by pointing out that the Biden administration/her had every opportunity to get rid of his tariffs but hasn't.

Tue, Sep 10, 2024 9:36 PM

lol this is awful. Mics being unmuted at will.

The moderators are trash, especially the woman.

Kamala’s facial expressions are bad

lol she pissed him off by instead of answering about immigration talking shit about his rallies, then he went off the rails with the Springfield pet shit.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login