7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 1:03 AM
posted by Ironman92

I imagine I’ll get a respectable reply but I also may get pre-pounced on

Good luck haha!

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 8:22 AM

My 2 cents - these people are all absolute shitbags and we all will suffer for it.

33,369 posts 133 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 9:21 AM

I feel the last election you could legit vote for either but still have the respect of the other side because so much stuff overlapped was Bush/Kerry. Biden is as moderate a candidate as the Dems could through out, and people still claimed everything under the sun to hate him. Trump has only escalated these divisive feelings because he is such a petulant child. It is unbearable to someone who is very down the middle. 

I am 38, so I have voted for Bush, McCain, Obama, Clinton, Biden, and will be voting Harris. I wish the GOP would through ANYONE but Trump out there, because I would likely go that route, but I am a never Trump person. I am perfectly able to admit that he has done some very good things for the US and strong-armed on some trade things where I think the US was severely lacking in how much will we imposed previously. 

I do think if the GOP gets railroaded again the EC presidential election, doesn't take back house, and potentially loses senate...they will be forced to migrate away from Trump and his ilk and get back to normal politics. This will prove to be a good thing for America, and if they come back to civility and less extreme policies, they will take back everything, because the left has good too far left. So that is what I am hoping for. We need to get back to when the biggest difference wasn't whether abortions were legal or not, it was how much time you had before it was illegal or not. These people CAN agree on almost all issues with slight differences, they just choose not to because they think it's the only electable way... and America needs to prove them wrong. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 10:19 AM
posted by Laley23

I feel the last election you could legit vote for either but still have the respect of the other side because so much stuff overlapped was Bush/Kerry. Biden is as moderate a candidate as the Dems could through out, and people still claimed everything under the sun to hate him. Trump has only escalated these divisive feelings because he is such a petulant child. It is unbearable to someone who is very down the middle. 

I am 38, so I have voted for Bush, McCain, Obama, Clinton, Biden, and will be voting Harris. I wish the GOP would through ANYONE but Trump out there, because I would likely go that route, but I am a never Trump person. I am perfectly able to admit that he has done some very good things for the US and strong-armed on some trade things where I think the US was severely lacking in how much will we imposed previously. 

I do think if the GOP gets railroaded again the EC presidential election, doesn't take back house, and potentially loses senate...they will be forced to migrate away from Trump and his ilk and get back to normal politics. This will prove to be a good thing for America, and if they come back to civility and less extreme policies, they will take back everything, because the left has good too far left. So that is what I am hoping for. We need to get back to when the biggest difference wasn't whether abortions were legal or not, it was how much time you had before it was illegal or not. These people CAN agree on almost all issues with slight differences, they just choose not to because they think it's the only electable way... and America needs to prove them wrong. 

Good post.  Right now, it is blindness of people who think those on the other side are evil incarnate.  The dems focus on identity politics, real and imagined grievances, and always with the race card; and the Trumpers completely oblivious that they’ve fallen into that ancient human trap of the cult of personality, and everyone who doesn’t agree with their right wing views as being stupid.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 11:01 AM
posted by iclfan2

Don’t forget he made Minn a “trans refuge” state for kids, going as far as having child custody implications. Signing a bill to put tampons in boys restrooms. Creating a snitch line during Covid so neighbors could turn in other neighbors for violating arbitrary rules. And supporting sanctuary cities.

All super normal Midwest values. That damn right wing propoganda!

But hey, he gave free lunches to school kids. 

The people labeling real Americans as fascists, are actually the fascists. 

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 11:15 AM

Trump's mortality is the only thing that could pivot their base away from him IMO.

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 11:16 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 11:21 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Good luck haha!

She gave an answer that totally avoided the question lol. Said they were the perfect ticket and he perfectly offsets Harris.

Was something similar to that. I replied with a smiley face, she liked it and she has since removed her original post lol

I think my question was good 😁

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 11:44 AM

Laley and Boogie make good arguments. But here is my take on some of their points. 

I don't think establishment politics is any good for us, either. There's nothing inherently wrong with populism in and of itself, left or right. But it needs people who are focused and can translate what needs to be done in a way that people can hear in a positive manner. 

I think that Biden was very much put upon and ill used and it both saddens and angers me. Whoever is really in charge of his administration has brought some really bad shit to our doorstep, there's no other way to say it. And if we ever find out which person or group of people it is they need to dealt with publicly and severely. Some sort of safeguard needs to be put into place to prevent what was done to Biden from ever happening again. Maybe an age cap would be enough, I don't know, but it's a good place to start. 

When you look at the Trump presidency, the majority of his policies weren't bad. His problem was he 1,) let his personality get in the way 2.) spent like a drunken sailor in an attempt to make the establishment happy 3.) signed a law that was a clear infringement to our 2A that, to me, is unforgivable and he did it because he let some activists get under his skin.

Federal agencies have usurped too much power away from We The People. They are full of unelected power players and led by people who aren't accountable to anybody. And they just keep growing in size and power. They have become so bloated and powerful that they are carrying out political persecutions by weaponizing our justice system from the top. And they don't have to answer to anybody but the president and, well, we all know what's happened and what is happening there.

Congress is now too controlled by lobbyists and big donors. 

We just saw how they helped effectively oust a sitting President and put up a candidate without any democratic process. People aren't going to like what I say next simply because it's being said. But the DNC hasn't been democratic or followed any democratic process in YEARS. And the Dems in DC have no intention of utilizing democracy ever again. Say what you will about Republicans, I would say it with you - they suck! - but they aren't doing this shit at least. 

The Dems really, really really need to stop chasing after Internet subcultures, too. WTF are they doing?

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 1:07 PM

posted by CenterBHSFan

Laley and Boogie make good arguments. But here is my take on some of their points. 

I don't think establishment politics is any good for us, either. There's nothing inherently wrong with populism in and of itself, left or right. But it needs people who are focused and can translate what needs to be done in a way that people can hear in a positive manner. 

I think that Biden was very much put upon and ill used and it both saddens and angers me. Whoever is really in charge of his administration has brought some really bad shit to our doorstep, there's no other way to say it. And if we ever find out which person or group of people it is they need to dealt with publicly and severely. Some sort of safeguard needs to be put into place to prevent what was done to Biden from ever happening again. Maybe an age cap would be enough, I don't know, but it's a good place to start. 

When you look at the Trump presidency, the majority of his policies weren't bad. His problem was he 1,) let his personality get in the way 2.) spent like a drunken sailor in an attempt to make the establishment happy 3.) signed a law that was a clear infringement to our 2A that, to me, is unforgivable and he did it because he let some activists get under his skin.

Federal agencies have usurped too much power away from We The People. They are full of unelected power players and led by people who aren't accountable to anybody. And they just keep growing in size and power. They have become so bloated and powerful that they are carrying out political persecutions by weaponizing our justice system from the top. And they don't have to answer to anybody but the president and, well, we all know what's happened and what is happening there.

Congress is now too controlled by lobbyists and big donors. 

We just saw how they helped effectively oust a sitting President and put up a candidate without any democratic process. People aren't going to like what I say next simply because it's being said. But the DNC hasn't been democratic or followed any democratic process in YEARS. And the Dems in DC have no intention of utilizing democracy ever again. Say what you will about Republicans, I would say it with you - they suck! - but they aren't doing this shit at least. 

The Dems really, really really need to stop chasing after Internet subcultures, too. WTF are they doing?

Can't say I disagree with much of what you're saying, other than being confused about the "iinternet subcultures" because I don't overly follow that stuff. And I thought that had been a big MAGA thing in past years, so my guess as to WTF are they doing would be taking the other side's "strength" and making it their own.

At least I remember things like "the left can't meme" being some big right-wing social media deal for some stupid reason and even remember someone parroting it here. At around the same time it started getting difficult to get on any social media without seeing homoerotic Trump fan fic pics of him being ripped and dressed like a superhero with stupid fucking slogans like "They aren't after me, they're after you...I'm just in their way." that only the dumbest of the dumb on that side of the aisle could actually believe. Which, as social media has shown me time and time again, equals a far larger section of the populace than anyone should be comfortable with.

Thu, Aug 8, 2024 1:08 PM
posted by QuakerOats

No, you’re more stupid!!!!

Thu, Aug 8, 2024 2:05 PM
posted by Heretic

Can't say I disagree with much of what you're saying, other than being confused about the "iinternet subcultures" because I don't overly follow that stuff. And I thought that had been a big MAGA thing in past years, so my guess as to WTF are they doing would be taking the other side's "strength" and making it their own.

Internet subcultures are ideas born from places like Tumblr and make them your best policy ideas because . For example, the trans ideology really took root and grew from a specific subculture that grew up in that space (Tumblr) rather than other sites like Facebook or outside playing with friends. This is now a belief system that has grown to such a degree that entities like big pharma are pushing it because there is the potential for them to profit greatly. Big pharma has the ability to sway law and firm public mandates now. Just watch any regular show, event or news station and count how many big pharma ads there are. They have already partaken in writing domestic policy, as was exposed during Covid. 

So now we have mayors and governors passing laws that remove parental rights and putting them into the hands of government. We have a president/whoever that has not only embraced this subculture but has signed into law a reshaping Title 9 to further integrate this subculture by force of government power. This Internet subculture now is gaining enough power to force people to say words they don't believe via the force of government. 

So where are we now? A growing number of children and minors being permanently maimed and chemically castrated. There are no takebacks for them. 

Meanwhile we got people who are now so afraid of appearing to be offensive in any manner, that want to white knight this subculture so badly, that they take it upon themselves to tone-police medical facts. We've all seen that happen in this very site. 

That is just one particular example of what I mean by saying that the Dems need to stop chasing after Internet subcultures. And I mean not just the politicians but their voters too.

Another subculture that is being chased right now is portraying a politician as "brat". But if you asked anybody off the street what brat is,they will tell you the definition:

But only one part of music/entertainment culture will understand the vague and cloudy idea of a particular song that is propping up a politician. 

Despite what anybody thinks about the Dems they will have to admit that this is a rather clever strategy in their part. Because it stops people from realizing or thinking about how the Dems no longer care about the working class, which their base has always been, and now affect this air of elitism.

I've pointed out a number of times just how quickly paradigms can shift and we are watching this happen in real time. While the Dems pretend that they don't know what a woman is, the Republicans just had a leader of a trade union speaking at their convention. For the first time in that unions history.  That's WILD and would have been unimaginable 10 years ago.

Thu, Aug 8, 2024 2:20 PM

I am pretty sure the hysteria surrounding the trans stuff will, in 20-30 years, look much like the “satanic panic” of the 1980s looks today. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 2:35 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I am pretty sure the hysteria surrounding the trans stuff will, in 20-30 years, look much like the “satanic panic” of the 1980s looks today. 

Or the same language around homosexuality in the 90s.

Thu, Aug 8, 2024 2:42 PM

For me, I was born and raised a Democrat. I bought into it just as much as I was brought into it. In fact, I was so far left that I was a donor to Greenpeace and thought making all kids wear the same uniform so that poor kids wouldn't have to feel bad about wearing obvious hand-me-downs. And even as I voted for Bill Clinton both times, it was his second term that eroded and ultimately ended my belief in "democrat". Although he was the figurehead, it wasn't just him. It was the whole party. The whole movement, so to speak, the change. I haven't looked back, but more importantly, the Dem party hasn't looked back. That's why I'm hard on them. Yes, I'm much harder in the Dems than I am with the Republicans. I was never in the Republican world and as such, they just have never been that important to me. 

Just look at what the Dems have done to hurt the working class so much. Things like NAFTA and Obamacare. The Republicans were involved in that too, but when those things were agreed upon and signed into law it was a Democrat who did it. Making Dem cities sanctuary cities and then putting illegal immigrants into hotels, fed them, clothed them and gave them spending money RIGHT NEXT to homeless camps where people were hungry, thirsty and had no extra clothes. The Dems couldn't be more disrespectful to the citizens of this country if they tried. Republicans never forced them to do that. 

Memes, republicans and subcultures aside, the Dems have gone out of their way to spit in the faces of each of us. I choose to eternally oppose that. All of that.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 8, 2024 2:45 PM
posted by Laley23

Agreed on a lot of this. Never Trumper here as well. 

I'll only add, I doubt Trump goes quietly. If he loses, he will try and do the same thing as he did in 20, calling it rigged, and urging his supporters to pressure certain states. 

I can already see it if Harris has to oversee the certification of the election if she beats Trump. Some like Vance and other Trump allies in the Senate will cry stolen. 

Thu, Aug 8, 2024 2:47 PM

Sure. Except in 20 years you will only have nostalgia and the kids being pushed into transing today will have scars as their trade-off for one liners and the inability to think of long term consequences.

Thu, Aug 8, 2024 3:02 PM

Harris is going to win this election. The Republicans aren't very good at things like ballot harvesting; they just aren't organized for it. And since 27 states are keeping that ability left over from Covid, the Dems would be absolute morons not to take advantage of it. 

And let's not forget that Trump is going out of his way to lose this election. That shooting took his focused and whatever fire he had left. Same with all the lawfare and political persecutions that the Dems have been putting in him. He's a hot mess.

Thu, Aug 8, 2024 3:04 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Sure. Except in 20 years you will only have nostalgia and the kids being pushed into transing today will have scars as their trade-off for one liners and the inability to think of long term consequences.

How many of these kids being “pushed” into it are there?

Thu, Aug 8, 2024 3:55 PM

How many of these kids being “pushed” into it are there?

As of today, it's around 300,000 kids.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login