2024 Presidential Election Thread

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 4, 2024 3:16 PM

If you are still lathered up about Kyle Rittenhouse seek help.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 4, 2024 3:18 PM
posted by iclfan2

I didn’t think the NABJ thing was that bad, but Trump really went off the reservation at his rally in Atlanta. A swing state he needs and ripping the governor that is decently popular. 

He just can't let the 2020 election go.  Just move on already.  He does risk losing voters if he convinces them it's rigged and their vote won't count.

You need maximum enthusiasm.  Trashing Republicans for any reason doesn't help that.  You gotta let people willing to hold their nose and vote for you to do that.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Aug 4, 2024 3:25 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sorry, white guy.  Criminal that needed killing.

You have been really biting the curb in 4K lately. Are you ok ?
Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Aug 4, 2024 7:13 PM
posted by jmog

You have been really biting the curb in 4K lately. Are you ok ?

I’m doing good.

Devils Advocate Brudda o da bomber
4,899 posts 100 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 5, 2024 12:12 AM

Today I, in my infinite experience in bar etiquette decided that it would be a good Idea to join a political discussion in a local VFW post.

I suggested that TDS was both a support and detracting mechanism. A man wearing a MAGA hat took offense to what I said and proceeded to prove me correct by trying to push me off my barstool. I in a semi inebriated state mistook this action as an invitation to take out his knee. 

In other news, there was exceptionally good Olympic coverage in the county jail

Trueblue23 BASEDgod
7,504 posts 17 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 5, 2024 8:23 AM
posted by Devils Advocate

Today I, in my infinite experience in bar etiquette decided that it would be a good Idea to join a political discussion in a local VFW post.

I suggested that TDS was both a support and detracting mechanism. A man wearing a MAGA hat took offense to what I said and proceeded to prove me correct by trying to push me off my barstool. I in a semi inebriated state mistook this action as an invitation to take out his knee. 

In other news, there was exceptionally good Olympic coverage in the county jail

I'll take "Things that didn't happen" for 1000, Alex 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 5, 2024 8:40 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Idk if it matters what Trump says or does anymore. His fanbase is unwaveringly loyal. People will vote for him/Republican no matter what, or won’t no matter what. Is there a significant amount of unsure voters who could still be turned off by something he says anymore? What’s he going to do that leaves someone like “that’s it, definitely not voting for him now” that he hasn’t already done?

I feel it’s the same both ways 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 6, 2024 9:07 AM

Harris picking Walz. He’s even more progressive than her. Allowed Minneapolis to burn for 4 days during the BLM riots. Loves illegals. Kamala couldn’t pick Shapiro bc he’s a Jew. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 6, 2024 9:48 AM
posted by iclfan2

Harris picking Walz. He’s even more progressive than her. Allowed Minneapolis to burn for 4 days during the BLM riots. Loves illegals. Kamala couldn’t pick Shapiro bc he’s a Jew. 

Lol. Or, Shapiro is only in his 2nd year of being a governor and while good on the sound bite, may need a little more time. 

Waltz had challenges, the main one being people probably don't know who he is. Both campaigns can use that. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 6, 2024 9:55 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Waltz had challenges, the main one being people probably don't know who he is. 

His main challenge is probably being a woke commie. But sure. 

In a serious note, with colleges going back soon, are the Hamas supporters going to go back to their trash (tbd if that affects anyone’s voting opinion).

Tue, Aug 6, 2024 10:03 AM
posted by iclfan2

His main challenge is probably being a woke commie. But sure. 

In a serious note, with colleges going back soon, are the Hamas supporters going to go back to their trash (tbd if that affects anyone’s voting opinion).

Lol ok. Commie is a strong word. 

Good question on the protesters. 

Tue, Aug 6, 2024 11:01 AM

Doesn't matter in the end, but it is cool that Waltz was a high school teacher and football coach.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 6, 2024 11:11 AM

Lol. Or, Shapiro is only in his 2nd year of being a governor and while good on the sound bite, may need a little more time. 

Do you really think that matters? I don't because, who:

- spent about 2yrs as a senator

- didn't vote for the majority of that time 

- when they did vote it was a "present" vote 

- very little to no name recognition at the time

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 6, 2024 11:55 AM

posted by CenterBHSFan

Do you really think that matters? I don't because, who:

- spent about 2yrs as a senator

- didn't vote for the majority of that time 

- when they did vote it was a "present" vote 

- very little to no name recognition at the time

But isn't the usual goal when making a VP pick to get someone who shores up real or perceived weak spots in the presidential candidate?

With Obama, you had the far more experienced Biden. A big part of why Vance is considered by many to be a bad pick is because he's just a younger mini-me to Trump; while his first VP pick was a more traditional midwest religious guy who was safer and more establishment. With Walz, you have a guy with more real experience and also checks the "military" box due to being in the National Guard, which could be a positive since it took Vance about .5 seconds to play that card when the left came after him.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 6, 2024 1:33 PM
posted by Heretic

But isn't the usual goal when making a VP pick to get someone who shores up real or perceived weak spots in the presidential candidate?

With Obama, you had the far more experienced Biden. A big part of why Vance is considered by many to be a bad pick is because he's just a younger mini-me to Trump; while his first VP pick was a more traditional midwest religious guy who was safer and more establishment. With Walz, you have a guy with more real experience and also checks the "military" box due to being in the National Guard, which could be a positive since it took Vance about .5 seconds to play that card when the left came after him.

Fair enough points. But when we are at a time when we are excited to have ANY candidate that's under 90 years old; and then bring up the topic of experience (in this case 2 years), I stand by what I said. Two years only of experience isn't a big deal anymore.

Now, if we are looking at things like life experience and/or likeability, that's something that we can hold up and compare.

Vance is already under attack from the dems because of his crazy cat lady comments.

With Walz we shall see if he receives *equitable amounts of hysterics from the dems.

* since the Dems love to preach this idea, I think the word is appropriate 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 6, 2024 4:14 PM

Lol ok. Commie is a strong word. 

Good question on the protesters. 

Well she is a low-level Communist functionary, as someone recently stated, and he is at least as bad. 

Tue, Aug 6, 2024 4:23 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Well she is a low-level Communist functionary, as someone recently stated, and he is at least as bad. 

I don't think you know what a communist is. 

Tue, Aug 6, 2024 4:25 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Fair enough points. But when we are at a time when we are excited to have ANY candidate that's under 90 years old; and then bring up the topic of experience (in this case 2 years), I stand by what I said. Two years only of experience isn't a big deal anymore.

Now, if we are looking at things like life experience and/or likeability, that's something that we can hold up and compare.

Vance is already under attack from the dems because of his crazy cat lady comments.

With Walz we shall see if he receives *equitable amounts of hysterics from the dems.

* since the Dems love to preach this idea, I think the word is appropriate 

Seems like it is the experience play and seems like him and Kamala just got along better. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 167 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 6, 2024 4:49 PM

Doesn't matter in the end, but it is cool that Waltz was a high school teacher and football coach.

Did he call predictable calls on 1st down? If so I need to go republican or independent 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login