College Football 2021

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 30, 2021 8:46 AM
posted by superman

I heard on the radio that ND is notorious for being cheap. If that's true, I can't see Urban going there. I'm thinking either Fickell or Freeman. I hope it's Fickell and Freeman comes back to Columbus to be the DC.

You're dreaming. Freeman is about to be a HC somewhere. If Fickell leaves, probably UC, if not, probably UND. If Heupel goes to OU, he could go to UT also. Long story short, Freeman ain't coming home. I'd like to see OSU go after Lukabu from BC or Rossi from Minnesota, studs that no one is really focusing on for HC jobs, the downside to those guys is i'm not sure how strong they are at recruiting. It's also worth pointing out that LJ, as phenomenal a recruiter as he is, hasn't had a top tier DL since probably 2017/18.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 30, 2021 9:43 AM
posted by superman

I heard on the radio that ND is notorious for being cheap. If that's true, I can't see Urban going there. I'm thinking either Fickell or Freeman. I hope it's Fickell and Freeman comes back to Columbus to be the DC.

Tue, Nov 30, 2021 10:17 AM

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Nov 30, 2021 10:33 AM

Can't help but see karma coming back to bite Oklahoma and Texas.  They made their bombshell announcement in July to abandon their league.  Then Texas proceeded to suck all year and Oklahoma's program took a HUGE gut punch with their coach, several of his staff members, some of their team, and many recruits all bailing on them within 48 hours of them losing to their biggest rival and missing out on a league championship.  What goes around comes around. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 2, 2021 12:41 AM

Freeman it is. 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 2, 2021 7:14 AM
posted by Laley23

Freeman it is. 

Happy for Marcus but I wish he was our DC

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 3, 2021 11:24 AM

The Kelly to LSU move already has become a winner for me. Solely because I got to listen to a comically fake southern accent because he apparently felt he had to make his personal introduction to LSU fans be really memorable.

Fri, Dec 3, 2021 12:53 PM
posted by Heretic

The Kelly to LSU move already has become a winner for me. Solely because I got to listen to a comically fake southern accent because he apparently felt he had to make his personal introduction to LSU fans be really memorable.

That was awesome.  Coming from an Ohio guy who's lived in Alabama for six years, good ole boys recognize that shit immediately.  Reminds me of when Hillary started talking jive at the black church or when Madonna acquired an English accent after living in London for a few months. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
Fri, Dec 3, 2021 1:08 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That was awesome.  Coming from an Ohio guy who's lived in Alabama for six years, good ole boys recognize that shit immediately.  Reminds me of when Hillary started talking jive at the black church or when Madonna acquired an English accent after living in London for a few months. 

It's best when it's done in lower-budget movies. Via MST3K, I saw a cheap horror movie, think it was Squirm or something like that about a pack of worms turned killer by electricity. The asshole cop character was a southerner playing a southerner and he has a normal accent. The rest of the characters were New Yorkers playing southerners. And the results were glorious. Apparently southern girls sound like Civil War era southern belles!

Fri, Dec 3, 2021 1:17 PM
posted by Heretic

It's best when it's done in lower-budget movies. Via MST3K, I saw a cheap horror movie, think it was Squirm or something like that about a pack of worms turned killer by electricity. The asshole cop character was a southerner playing a southerner and he has a normal accent. The rest of the characters were New Yorkers playing southerners. And the results were glorious. Apparently southern girls sound like Civil War era southern belles!

Don’t forget Keanu’s incredible southern accent in The Devil’s Advocate.  Or what about when Bob Petrino became Bobby after being hired by Auburn.  

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 3, 2021 7:08 PM

Ewers entering transfer portal. FUCK.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 3, 2021 7:20 PM
posted by Automatik

What in the fuck.

Fri, Dec 3, 2021 7:35 PM
posted by Automatik

I’m not surprised.  With all the head coaching movement, he thinks a lot of opportunity to play next year exists.  He’s not getting that at OSU.  

Automatik Senior Member
Fri, Dec 3, 2021 7:53 PM

He can’t beat out Stroud? 

Automatik Senior Member
Fri, Dec 3, 2021 8:11 PM

I don’t like to hate on a 19 year old kid, but OSU will never doing anything significant with Stroud. I’m sad. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
Sat, Dec 4, 2021 2:01 PM
posted by Automatik

He can’t beat out Stroud? 

Thinking about it, it likely wouldn't be happening next year. While he was a bit uneven in performance and had the benefit of a historically great wide receiver group, he did put up video game numbers and was a Heisman frontrunner late in the year. Guys like that don't tend to be benched unless they give the coaches a reason to bench them, either by total regression or by conduct. Closest I can think was Hurts for Tua at Alabama and Hurts didn't have Stroud's numbers.

Of OSU's three back-ups this year, I thought Ewers would be the likely one to stay simply because he'd be the heir apparent after next year, since I think that's when Stroud is eligible to go pro. But I guess I should have guessed that since Ewers did skip his senior year of high school so he could start getting paid, he'd be really unlikely to be patient for any length of time because he's likely looking to get into the NFL as soon as possible, and not being in a position where he can count on being the frontrunner for the starting job wasn't going to do that.

If anything, it shows the hazard of over-recruiting a position. In one year, they got a high-4, borderline 5-star guy in Stroud and a 4 in Miller. The next year, they get a 5 in McCord and then have the best 5 in Ewers reclassify. That's four top-tier QB recruits in two years, which is never going to work. Now we need to hope McCord is willing to wait a year or so to get the job or they'll need to count on either a true freshman or Random Transfer #3598649 if anything happens with Stroud next year.

Sat, Dec 4, 2021 2:31 PM

An ideal day:

Baylor over Oklahoma State
Georgia over Alabama
Cincinnati over Houston
Iowa over Michigan

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 4, 2021 3:32 PM

What an awesome GL stand from Baylor

It could be a crazy selection for #3 and #4 if Michigan and Alabama lose.  I assume that puts in NDU, but the #4 might come down to how tough Bama plays Georgia.

Sat, Dec 4, 2021 3:38 PM

Good start. 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 4, 2021 3:50 PM

Ewers NIL contract was based on a certain number of starts next year. He had to transfer to keep the deal in place. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login