Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 9:56 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Jalen Rose was just talking about Paul George possibly being moved somewhere this year since it’s not really working too well in okc. 

Not sure it’s even possible for him to land in Cleveland, but if it is, would you guys want us to make that move? Or just keep the team as is?

He is putting up a lot of 2/10 first halves

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 10:11 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Jalen Rose was just talking about Paul George possibly being moved somewhere this year since it’s not really working too well in okc. 

Not sure it’s even possible for him to land in Cleveland, but if it is, would you guys want us to make that move? Or just keep the team as is?

I feel like it's a bunch of speculative bullshit, but if trading the pick and somebody else (not love) meant we got PG I would do that shit in a heart beat. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 10:13 AM
posted by like_that

I feel like it's a bunch of speculative bullshit, but if trading the pick and somebody else (not love) meant we got PG I would do that shit in a heart beat. 

Exactly. OKC got PG pretty cheap, if I recall. I want them to keep Love.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Dec 8, 2017 10:13 AM
posted by like_that

Conpletely speculaive bullshit lol jalen didn’t even mention Cleveland. He just said PG could possibly be moved by OKC since he’s only there this year. 

Im raising the question only for discussion, not saying it has even a remote chance. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 9, 2017 10:10 PM

My buddy and his son at the game tonight...it’s delivering. Well worth the moderately hefty ticket price they paid

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 9, 2017 10:27 PM
posted by Ironman92

My buddy and his son at the game tonight...it’s delivering. Well worth the moderately hefty ticket price they paid

Would have liked to have seen Embiid, though. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 9, 2017 11:06 PM
posted by BR1986FB

They've been discussing this quite a bit on the local stations too.

At this point, I'm not as in love with that pick that the Cavs got from Brooklyn. It's looking like it has a chance of not even being a lottery pick and the Nets no longer have a reason to tank. If they can get George at a reasonable price, I'd have no issue with it.

Brooklyn is still terrible and everyone on that team is hurt. Not in the lottery? Are you insane? They are dead last in their division, but they are gonna turn it around and make the playoffs? Lol

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Sun, Dec 10, 2017 12:43 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Would have liked to have seen Embiid, though. 

Same, he's on the list of players like LBJ/Shaq/Jordan that are worth to see live.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Dec 13, 2017 8:32 AM
posted by Laley23

Brooklyn is still terrible and everyone on that team is hurt. Not in the lottery? Are you insane? They are dead last in their division, but they are gonna turn it around and make the playoffs? Lol

Who said they're going to make the playoffs? They are currently 11th in the draft order, which I believe wouldn't be in the lottery. This team isn't going to tank.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Dec 13, 2017 8:33 AM

Cavs keep on rolling. LBJ with 17 assists, tying his personal best. Jeff Green has been a solid pickup.

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 10:01 AM

Chris Broussard was on cowherd yesterday and linked PG13 to the cavs in January. Said it would take the cavs first rounder and Kevin Love. 

Not sure how I feel about giving up Love. 

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 10:07 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Chris Broussard was on cowherd yesterday and linked PG13 to the cavs in January. Said it would take the cavs first rounder and Kevin Love. 

He doesn't know what it would fucking take LOL.  Broussard is so full of shit.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Dec 13, 2017 10:46 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Assuming this were viable, I'd gladly move the Brooklyn pick because I don't think it will be as high as many think it will but I'm not moving Love. I'd throw in TT and maybe something else but why give up all of that for a guy who likely bolts after the season?

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 10:53 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Assuming this were viable, I'd gladly move the Brooklyn pick because I don't think it will be as high as many think it will but I'm not moving Love. I'd throw in TT and maybe something else but why give up all of that for a guy who likely bolts after the season?

I doubt PG bolts, but I agree regarding Love.  He isn't going to be in that package.  Cavs aren't making a trade that doesn't give them a chance to beat GSW. 

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 10:55 AM
posted by like_that

He doesn't know what it would fucking take LOL.  Broussard is so full of shit.

I mean, he was just speculating. Not saying it as inside sources or that’s what OKC was asking for. He’s not wrong though. Okc are 12-14 and things aren’t working there. With George only on a player option for next year, there’s almost no chance he’s coming back to okc. If a contender offers them someone like Love, they’re going to take that. 

From a cavs perspective, getting george and keeping that Brooklyn pick has gotta be considered a win for us. Especially since george has a player option next year and could choose to stay in Cleveland with lebron. 

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 10:57 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I would NOT trade that Brooklyn pick for George. Not without a long term commitment from him, and that’ll never happen. 

We need that Brooklyn pick in case lebron decides to leave (I don’t think he will, but you never know with bron bron). 

If you wanna trade that pick for help this year, we can do a whole lot better than half a season of Paul George.  

cat_lover Senior Member
3,629 posts 44 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 13, 2017 11:06 AM

I wouldn't trade Love. I like this years lineup a lot better than last years.

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 11:10 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I mean, he was just speculating. Not saying it as inside sources or that’s what OKC was asking for. He’s not wrong though. Okc are 12-14 and things aren’t working there. With George only on a player option for next year, there’s almost no chance he’s coming back to okc. If a contender offers them someone like Love, they’re going to take that. 

From a cavs perspective, getting george and keeping that Brooklyn pick has gotta be considered a win for us. Especially since george has a player option next year and could choose to stay in Cleveland with lebron. 

Yeah, that wasn't really directed at you.  I just want to point out Broussard is an idiot and has 0 credibility.

I disagree with you though.   If all it takes is the pick to get PG, I would do it. I don't think you can sell PG and Lebron to a better option roster wise and thus they would stay.

Wed, Dec 13, 2017 11:17 AM
posted by like_that

Yeah, that wasn't really directed at you.  I just want to point out Broussard is an idiot and has 0 credibility.

I disagree with you though.   If all it takes is the pick to get PG, I would do it. I don't think you can sell PG and Lebron to a better option roster wise and thus they would stay.

Yeah I guess I wouldn’t hate that move. 

Just really dont want to see another 4 years of last place basketball in Cleveland because lebron left and we were only left with shitty draft picks and an empty roster. I like having that Brooklyn pick in case he does leave and we can use that to build for the future. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 13, 2017 11:59 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Who said they're going to make the playoffs? They are currently 11th in the draft order, which I believe wouldn't be in the lottery. This team isn't going to tank.

Lol, that's exactly what the lottery is. Teams who don't make the playoffs.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login