Cleveland Browns 2022 Season Thread

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 16, 2022 6:14 PM
posted by BRF

I didn’t listen, so did Stefanski do his usual press conference schtick?

Basically the same thing. He added "We have to get Nick more carries and stay out of third and long." 

It's sad to see this guy waste talent.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 16, 2022 7:11 PM

I see the same thing about “feed Chubb” every game.

Is any head coach OC that stubborn/dumb every game?

No you just can’t line up and run him but he’s your best player and arguably the best back in the league. No reason he shouldn’t have 10 carries in the first half every game…and then go from there.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 16, 2022 7:46 PM
posted by iclfan2

lol regretting things you do isn’t rape. And he already got punished, you can’t punish more for the same “crime”.

Double-standard says hello

But, in his defense, Watson probably can't remember how many women he raped.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sun, Oct 16, 2022 10:33 PM
posted by gut
Oh...so rape is now based on proof of coercion....Good to know....

icl covered it. Unless there are new/different accusations from the original group, like physical proof of being violently forced, there's nothing to see here. He's settled and this would fall under the settlement.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Oct 16, 2022 10:39 PM
posted by Ironman92

I see the same thing about “feed Chubb” every game.

Is any head coach OC that stubborn/dumb every game?

No you just can’t line up and run him but he’s your best player and arguably the best back in the league. No reason he shouldn’t have 10 carries in the first half every game…and then go from there.

Patriots were ready for Chubb. With that being said, I've been banging the drum for 20-25 carries per game and 3-5 passes. So sick and tired of this "load management" bullshit. RB's have a prime that they go through fairly quickly and hit a wall. Use him while you got him because he might not want to stick around for this shit fest when his next contract is up.

The Browns run defense was actually pretty solid today but they have this uncanny knack for for being the victims of Patriot QB's "coming out parties." Made the rook look WAY better than they should have.

Oh, and the next several weeks are going to be PAINFUL watching Brissett. Dude is far from "it." I think he may be worse at seeing the field than Mayfield. 

Will be interesting if Haslam will allow the FO to use the "we're using our backup QB" excuse to save Stefanski.

jmog1 Member
7 posts 0 reps Joined Feb 2018
Mon, Oct 17, 2022 9:15 AM
posted by gut
Oh...so rape is now based on proof of coercion....Good to know....

What do you think the definition of rape is? Physically or manipulatively coercing someone to have sex who has said no.

Since we are talking about a criminal act, in the United States of America you need proof of such coercion. 

You can't be that stupid right?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Oct 17, 2022 11:26 AM

I wish the Browns had a tenth of the spunk the Guardians have.  They are depressing as hell to watch.  What will we do when Deshaun comes back and there's no measurable improvement?

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Oct 17, 2022 1:24 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I wish the Browns had a tenth of the spunk the Guardians have.  They are depressing as hell to watch.  What will we do when Deshaun comes back and there's no measurable improvement?

bitch and moan like we always do?

Mon, Oct 17, 2022 1:58 PM
posted by kizer permanente

bitch and moan like we always do?

I'm very down on the Browns.  I know, I know...every year it's going to be different.  I bought in this year.  After yesterday, I decided I'm not wasting another beautiful fall afternoon inside watching this train wreck.  A day of NFL football inside yesterday was one of the most depressing experiences I've had in awhile.  Every game looks exactly the same.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 17, 2022 4:57 PM

Blistered for over 300 yards by a third-string rookie QB on the road.  Mindboggling.  If that doesn't get somebody fired, nothing will. 

Mon, Oct 17, 2022 7:24 PM

I believe the Haslams are the problem. Culture starts at gff by e top and theirs is a losing culture.  

Tue, Oct 18, 2022 7:09 AM

When our accused sexual predator comes back, what’s to think Chubb will be properly utilized even then?

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Oct 18, 2022 8:56 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

When our accused sexual predator comes back, what’s to think Chubb will be properly utilized even then?

I expect Stefanski, if he's still around, to open up the offense and throw even more. Problem is that last time Watson played with a shitty defense I'm pretty sure he had a career numbers year yet the team went 4-12.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 23, 2022 1:48 PM

Chubb still a monster. Defense still trash. Special teams also trash. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Oct 23, 2022 6:37 PM

The over under on Chubb was 16.5 carries. Vegas is dirty lol

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Oct 23, 2022 7:32 PM
posted by iclfan2

Chubb still a monster. Defense still trash. Special teams also trash. 

Not sure what game you watched but this was FAR from on the defense. Defense held Lamar in check.

This was a "can't use a legit offense because you have a shitty journeyman QB running the show" type of game. Other than money, still scratching my head why they dumped Case Keenum for this one read joker.

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 23, 2022 7:45 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not sure what game you watched but this was FAR from on the defense. Defense held Lamar in check.

This was a "can't use a legit offense because you have a shitty journeyman QB running the show" type of game. Other than money, still scratching my head why they dumped Case Keenum for this one read joker.

Even with a shitty QB, the drive where we ran both Chubb and and Hunt, we went right down the field and looked like a different team. It's so frustrating to have one of the best backfields in the league and no clue how to use them.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Oct 23, 2022 8:56 PM

Yeah…defense wasn’t today’s problem. Long punt return and fumble by Brissett game Baltimore immediate red zone field position 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Oct 24, 2022 7:40 AM
posted by Al Bundy

Even with a shitty QB, the drive where we ran both Chubb and and Hunt, we went right down the field and looked like a different team. It's so frustrating to have one of the best backfields in the league and no clue how to use them.

Whether it's Stefanski's shitty play calling or the previous shitty outings by the defense, they are putting Brissett is a bad position....a position where he has to win games. That's not Jacoby Brissett. He won't lose you games, if put in the right environment, but he sure as Hell isn't going to win them. He's a one read QB who doesn't see  the field well (sound familiar?).

Cooper also didn't help them pushing off when he didn't need to.

What's sad is that Baltimore is a very average to below average team. I've resigned myself to the fact that the Browns are the same. That was not a good team they faced and they still couldn't find a way to win. Even Seattle, who I picked to have the #1 pick in the draft, manhandled the Chargers, who the Browns couldn't beat.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Oct 24, 2022 7:48 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Whether it's Stefanski's shitty play calling or the previous shitty outings by the defense, they are putting Brissett is a bad position....a position where he has to win games. That's not Jacoby Brissett. He won't lose you games, if put in the right environment, but he sure as Hell isn't going to win them. He's a one read QB who doesn't see  the field well (sound familiar?).

Cooper also didn't help them pushing off when he didn't need to.

What's sad is that Baltimore is a very average to below average team. I've resigned myself to the fact that the Browns are the same. That was not a good team they faced and they still couldn't find a way to win. Even Seattle, who I picked to have the #1 pick in the draft, manhandled the Chargers, who the Browns couldn't beat.

Crazy what good coaching can do for a team.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login