Cleveland Browns 2022 Season Thread

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Mon, Oct 10, 2022 7:40 AM

For everyone saying that Joe Woods sucks, and I'm one of them, be careful what you wish for. If they can him we may just find out that these players actually aren't that good either. Myles Garrett is THE most overrated, non-impactful defensive "star" on the team. For as little as Papercut Clowney has played, seems like he's made more plays than Garrett.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Oct 10, 2022 10:47 AM

And the sickening part of this right now is that the Browns have a top 5 offense with Jacoby Brissett at QB. That number should take off when Watson returns (P.S. today is his first day allowed back in the facility).

Too bad the shit sack defense is ruining it. They traded for a former Pro Bowl LB from Atlanta, who I think is another D'Qwell Jackson 2.0 but would REALLY like to see them add beef in the middle. Don't care if they play the same position but I'd sign both Sheldon Richardson & Suh to plug up that middle.

Andrew Berry, with the QB talent in the league (Allen, Herbert, Jackson, Burrow, Mahomes, etc), seems to have taken a page out of the Peyton Manning years' Colts defense in how it's been constructed. High power offense gets you points, get fast, athletic DE's to rush the passer knowing you'll be in shootouts. He's completely neglected the defensive interior and teams are exploiting it. Joe Woods might suck but it would be interesting to see if the defense improved with two run stuffers up the gut.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Oct 10, 2022 10:49 AM

Browns trade for Deion Jones at LB. Helps but doesnt address our terrible DT's. So not sure how much it's going to help. 

Mon, Oct 10, 2022 10:51 AM
posted by BR1986FB

For everyone saying that Joe Woods sucks, and I'm one of them, be careful what you wish for. If they can him we may just find out that these players actually aren't that good either. Myles Garrett is THE most overrated, non-impactful defensive "star" on the team. For as little as Papercut Clowney has played, seems like he's made more plays than Garrett.

Myles might be one of the best pass rushers ever... but he's non existent when teams don't have to pass. He's bad against the run. 

Mon, Oct 10, 2022 10:56 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Browns trade for Deion Jones at LB. Helps but doesnt address our terrible DT's. So not sure how much it's going to help. 

Also, why isn't Winfrey starting over Elliott? Elliott has been god awful. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 10, 2022 11:05 AM
posted by BR1986FB

And the sickening part of this right now is that the Browns have a top 5 offense with Jacoby Brissett at QB. That number should take off when Watson returns (P.S. today is his first day allowed back in the facility).

Too bad the shit sack defense is ruining it. They traded for a former Pro Bowl LB from Atlanta, who I think is another D'Qwell Jackson 2.0 but would REALLY like to see them add beef in the middle. Don't care if they play the same position but I'd sign both Sheldon Richardson & Suh to plug up that middle.

Andrew Berry, with the QB talent in the league (Allen, Herbert, Jackson, Burrow, Mahomes, etc), seems to have taken a page out of the Peyton Manning years' Colts defense in how it's been constructed. High power offense gets you points, get fast, athletic DE's to rush the passer knowing you'll be in shootouts. He's completely neglected the defensive interior and teams are exploiting it. Joe Woods might suck but it would be interesting to see if the defense improved with two run stuffers up the gut.

Woods had better DT (you want to sign one...) and they still sucked. Its coaching. 

And I dont care if they fire him and the players end up sucking. That is a step forward and we would know. I need to know if we are keeping Grant Delpit, John Johnson, etc.

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 10, 2022 8:42 PM
posted by Laley23

Woods had better DT (you want to sign one...) and they still sucked. Its coaching. 

And I dont care if they fire him and the players end up sucking. That is a step forward and we would know. I need to know if we are keeping Grant Delpit, John Johnson, etc.

Woods sucks, but I have to believe that the safeties are bad. No scheme is going to let anyone get behind the safeties (unless they are blitzing), and it happens every game.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 7:40 AM
posted by Al Bundy

Woods sucks, but I have to believe that the safeties are bad. No scheme is going to let anyone get behind the safeties (unless they are blitzing), and it happens every game.

Hearing these guys speak in their post game press conferences, I really don't think they give a shit. 

JJIII made the comment about "not caring if they give up 600 yards as long as they win" (I get the "as long as they win" part) and dumbass Myles felt "disrespected that the Chargers went for it on 4th & 2 late in the game." Wasn't pissed about losing, just disrespected about the opposing coach trying to ice the game against that sieve of a defense.

I'm pretty much numb to these losses and are getting close to the point of indifference.

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 3:25 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Hearing these guys speak in their post game press conferences, I really don't think they give a shit. 

JJIII made the comment about "not caring if they give up 600 yards as long as they win" (I get the "as long as they win" part) and dumbass Myles felt "disrespected that the Chargers went for it on 4th & 2 late in the game." Wasn't pissed about losing, just disrespected about the opposing coach trying to ice the game against that sieve of a defense.

I'm pretty much numb to these losses and are getting close to the point of indifference.

JJIII sucks. I think that we are seeing why the Rams let him go. Myles has his great games, but (and I am probably going to take a beating on here from the Myles lovers) he is inconsistent at times. He goes stretches (sometimes even entire games) without making a play. He is bad against the run. He also needs to be on the field in key situations. Too often, he isn't even in the game at big moments (I don't know if that is a coaching decision or conditioning issue).

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 4:43 PM

Well, they signed a NT, who previously played with this LB they traded from from Atlanta, and put him on their practice squad.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 5:12 PM

Is Winfrey bad or something? Why not just give him more reps?

Tue, Oct 11, 2022 7:48 PM
posted by Laley23

Is Winfrey bad or something? Why not just give him more reps?

He’s better than Elliott 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 8:17 PM

Chubb is the only player in NFL history with 575+ yards, 7 rush TD's on less than 100 carries (98) in the first 5 games of a season.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 11, 2022 9:40 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Chubb is the only player in NFL history with 575+ yards, 7 rush TD's on less than 100 carries (98) in the first 5 games of a season.

……..And wasted on a shitty team.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 13, 2022 9:51 PM

It’s happening again 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 13, 2022 9:55 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

It’s happening again 

?

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 13, 2022 10:01 PM
posted by Ironman92

?

Another woman filed a new lawsuit against Watson alleging same stuff as the other women. 

From what I’ve read on Twitter, his punishment he’s currently serving covers anyone else that comes forward during that timeframe? So likely to be nothing. Who knows. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 13, 2022 10:14 PM

Another woman filed a new lawsuit against Watson alleging same stuff as the other women. 

From what I’ve read on Twitter, his punishment he’s currently serving covers anyone else that comes forward during that timeframe? So likely to be nothing. Who knows. 

Thanks….I honestly haven’t heard anything on him for a few weeks. Enjoyed it.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Oct 14, 2022 7:55 AM

If there's a different angle to it, like he physically forced something, there could be something to it.

A bit convenient. His name's out of the picture for a while, he returns to the facility this week, "presto" new lawsuit. Something fishy here.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Oct 14, 2022 8:06 AM

On another note, Joe Woods was considered for replacement last year but apparently Stefanski lobbied hard to retain him.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login