2024 NFL Offseason

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 2, 2024 5:02 PM
posted by Heretic

I am getting more and more convinced that Mahomes did a Faustian deal with the devil to have the success he's having, with the exception that instead of selling his soul for the success, he just decided to go for a huge trade-off in so many other things off of the field.

In return for being the best QB in the game and the potential for a career that, if it continues as it has been going, could result in GOAT status, you'll be surrounded by stuff like...

1. Your brother is America's biggest tool and is universally mocked by sports fans. Also, the occasional court hearing based on him being a creepy douche to women in restaurants.

2. While not at his level, your wife will have just enough annoying stunts of her own to create a narrative of "How can Pat seem so chill when he's got a wife and brother like those two?"

3. Your head coach's son, who also was a coach on your team: Drunk driving accident that seriously injures a child.

4. One of your best WRs seems to have recently played a huge role in a multiple-fatality multiple-car accident caused by leasing really expensive vehicles and racing them. And then leaving the scene on foot.

And I'm sure I'm not thinking of any number of other WTF shit that's gone on in Kansas City Land during his excellent career there. All because he  made a deal with Satan to be awesome at the sport and get a million endorsements.

Slow day sir? 😁

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 2, 2024 5:09 PM
posted by Ironman92

Slow day sir? 😁

Maybe. Killing time before more storms hit!

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 2, 2024 5:41 PM

Don’t forget about his POS dad, arrested multiple times for DWI. Most recently the week before the Super Bowl. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 2, 2024 5:44 PM
posted by Heretic

I am getting more and more convinced that Mahomes did a Faustian deal with the devil to have the success he's having, with the exception that instead of selling his soul for the success, he just decided to go for a huge trade-off in so many other things off of the field.

In return for being the best QB in the game and the potential for a career that, if it continues as it has been going, could result in GOAT status, you'll be surrounded by stuff like...

1. Your brother is America's biggest tool and is universally mocked by sports fans. Also, the occasional court hearing based on him being a creepy douche to women in restaurants.

2. While not at his level, your wife will have just enough annoying stunts of her own to create a narrative of "How can Pat seem so chill when he's got a wife and brother like those two?"

3. Your head coach's son, who also was a coach on your team: Drunk driving accident that seriously injures a child.

4. One of your best WRs seems to have recently played a huge role in a multiple-fatality multiple-car accident caused by leasing really expensive vehicles and racing them. And then leaving the scene on foot.

And I'm sure I'm not thinking of any number of other WTF shit that's gone on in Kansas City Land during his excellent career there. All because he  made a deal with Satan to be awesome at the sport and get a million endorsements.

This is a good conspiracy theory and I'm 100% on board. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Apr 2, 2024 7:25 PM
posted by Heretic

Maybe. Killing time before more storms hit!

My school district is getting annihilated….my area looks to be missing the bad stuff.

The same street as my daughter’s CVS in Ironton trees are down and roofs have left their establishments.

Elementary school in Proctorville (Fairland, across river from Huntington) partially blew off and flooded the school

Tue, Apr 2, 2024 9:56 PM

All we got was some rain and thunder after hearing about us being at an enhanced chance of tornados for the last 48 hours. And schools letting out early and businesses closing. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Apr 2, 2024 10:11 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

All we got was some rain and thunder after hearing about us being at an enhanced chance of tornados for the last 48 hours. And schools letting out early and businesses closing. 

We released 2 hours early….I’m not sure many will have school around here tomorrow….has to be significant flooding. It’s torrential downpour here as I type and supposed to next 2 hours

Wed, Apr 3, 2024 10:55 AM

Any chance KC loses the Chiefs and/or Royals over this?

Heretic Son of the Sun
Wed, Apr 3, 2024 11:16 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Don’t forget about his POS dad, arrested multiple times for DWI. Most recently the week before the Super Bowl. 

YES! I knew I'd forgotten a big one!

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Apr 3, 2024 11:20 AM

Bills trading Stefon Diggs to the Texans. Texans offense kind of loaded:

QB- CJ Stroud
RB- Joe Mixon
WR- Stefon Diggs
WR- Tank Dell
WR- Nico Collins
TE- Dalton Schultz

Wed, Apr 3, 2024 11:22 AM

Bills window has closed. They won't make the playoffs this season.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Wed, Apr 3, 2024 12:06 PM
posted by justincredible

Bills window has closed. They won't make the playoffs this season.

Yeah, with his weapons going elsewhere, people will be talking about how Allen's a freak athlete who makes stuff happen...while he's setting a single-season turnover record.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Apr 3, 2024 1:22 PM
posted by Heretic

Yeah, with his weapons going elsewhere, people will be talking about how Allen's a freak athlete who makes stuff happen...while he's setting a single-season turnover record.

They improved their running game last year but their offense always seems to be predicated on Allen playing hero ball. If he has an off day, doesn't seem like the supporting cast steps up and bails him out. Kind of "all or nothing" with him. Losing these weapons, including one of the best centers in the league, won't help.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 3, 2024 2:32 PM

They will be better off without Diggs. And that trade is awful for Houston. 

(...preparing to be very wrong on the Houston part). 

Ironman92 Administrator
Wed, Apr 3, 2024 9:01 PM

Thu, Apr 4, 2024 5:06 AM

Buffalo will be fine eventually but this might be a rough season for them. Their receiver group is now one of the worst in the league. They have picks 1.28 and 2.60 (with no third round pick this year) so even the draft may not provide a lot of relief. 

Diggs should read the writing on the wall. His playoffs stats have been awful and Buffalo is paying a lot to get rid of him. 

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 5, 2024 8:28 AM

i think houston is leary of diggs. i see this morning where they are letting him test free agency after next year. so if he's the same sideline headcase that he was in buffalo (and minnesota for that matter) i would imagine he's a cowboy after this upcoming season.

Fri, Apr 5, 2024 10:11 AM

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Apr 5, 2024 11:27 AM
posted by j_crazy

i think houston is leary of diggs. i see this morning where they are letting him test free agency after next year. so if he's the same sideline headcase that he was in buffalo (and minnesota for that matter) i would imagine he's a cowboy after this upcoming season.

I would be. Josh Allen and crew had to pass his petulant "give me the ball" cries off for "competitive fire." Dude wants the ball thrown to him EVERY down. He's not going to get that with how stacked the Texans weapons are.

Mon, Apr 15, 2024 10:03 AM

Jets new uniform set is pretty solid. Wish they'd ditch the green pants, but overall this is good.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login