If the interview with the others went well and the compensation was good I would've accepted the final interview invite.
I'll spare the details and give a TLDR version.
I recently was recruited for a position. Had initial interview with HR who sent me along to next phase. The hiring manager was out sick and had to reschedule but they wanted me to still interview with the rest of the panel. That went well and I waited for the day of the rescheduled interview.
The morning of the rescheduled interview, I get an email from the recruiter saying the hiring manager was canceling as they found a candidate. I thought it was a little odd to at least not talk to me, but I thanked her and sent well wishes. Fast forward two days, same recruiter calls this time...doesn't offer an explanation, but asks if they can schedule the interview Afterall. Me being admittedly a somewhat spiteful person declined the interview, to which the recruiter was audibly surprised. She had to gather her words.. ask if I was sure, then thanked me anyways.
So my question is what would you have done? The same? Interviewed after all? Part of me feels like I let my ego make the decision lol.