Mon, Jan 10, 2022 10:15 PM
posted by Fletch

from Australia huh?

Austintown 🇦🇺 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 6:05 AM
posted by Fletch

Covid hit the skids today.  CDC coming out and basically saying 50,000 Covid deaths and not 800,000.

Shocking you couldn't comprehend what they're saying. Just shocking. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 6:43 AM
posted by kizer permanente

I read and listened to a few things and they all said that the gross over reporting of “died of Covid”  might have been less then 10% and the rest were “died with Covid”.

Stop trying to dismiss this cause I posted it.  In the end,  I will be correct.  

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 7:12 AM

Can you (or anyone) translate from Fletch to reality on whatever the hell he's talking about?

Tue, Jan 11, 2022 7:23 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Can you (or anyone) translate from Fletch to reality on whatever the hell he's talking about?

I can only assume he's parroting the misinformation that CDC said 75% of covid deaths are people with 4 or more comorbidities. What they actually said is 75% of people who are fully vaccinated that have died have had 4 or more comorbidities. It actually makes up like .003% of covid deaths. 

Fletch Member
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 7:25 AM

I can only assuming he's parroting the misinformation that CDC said 75% of covid deaths are people with 4 or more comorbidities. What they actually said is 75% of people who are fully vaccinated that have died have had 4 or more comorbidities. It actually makes up like .003% of covid deaths. 

That is a hot take for sure.  She said that 75% of Covid deaths were people that were pretty unhealthy.

We shut this country down for 2 years,  made healthy people lives terrible for nothing.  That is what she said

Tue, Jan 11, 2022 7:31 AM
posted by Fletch

That is a hot take for sure.  She said that 75% of Covid deaths were people that were pretty unhealthy.

We shut this country down for 2 years,  made healthy people lives terrible for nothing.  That is what she said

I don't think you know what a hot take means. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 7:43 AM

Why do people act like we’re still shut down. I could buy tickets to a football game in Cincinnati this weekend with 60,000 other people. How are things today anything like they were in April 2020. 

Tue, Jan 11, 2022 7:50 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Why do people act like we’re still shut down. I could buy tickets to a football game in Cincinnati this weekend with 60,000 other people. How are things today anything like they were in April 2020. 

Fits the narrative. Truth is unimportant.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 8:07 AM

I can only assuming he's parroting the misinformation that CDC said 75% of covid deaths are people with 4 or more comorbidities. What they actually said is 75% of people who are fully vaccinated that have died have had 4 or more comorbidities. It actually makes up like .003% of covid deaths. 

That’s quite the difference

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 8:07 AM

* than

Tue, Jan 11, 2022 8:15 AM
posted by Fletch

Thanks Kizer.

Fletch, so your first sentence contains a baldfaced lie. She said unvaccinated people who die from Covid had comorbidities. That should come as no surprise as nearly everyone in the main age group for Covid deaths have multiple health problems, which is not the same as "being pretty unhealthy".

As far as "shutting the country down", quite the gross exaggeration.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 9:48 AM

I don't think we're shut down.  But I don't think we're "free" either.  I think the govt. is still in 100% control, and that is what has the general public in the feeling of unease.  My opinion.  

I hate the feeling of uncertainty.  I just want someone (from the govt.) to come out and say, "Listen, we're done with this.  Yeah, we'll watch it, and we'll communicate what we find.  But carry on with your lives freely."  

For me personally, I am going on a trip to Costa Rica with my un-vaxxed daughters in March.  I've purchased plane tickets, resort, etc..  I hate the uncertainty that, in March, they could be required to be vaxxed to fly.  And they're not getting vaxxed.  

The govt. is, in a sense, holding everyone hostage with COVID, regardless of the "freedoms" we still practice daily.

Fletch Member
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 11:15 AM

Shut down might be a little harsh, but lets call it control.

The false and disproven narratives :

*****masks are needed

******masks work

******vaccines are needed for 5 year olds

******Theraputics are bad

******asymptomatic spread is common

******People cant or shouldnt with family for the holidays

We might not be shut down but we surely arent hearing our medical establishment/Government telling us that all those points are true and we should just get back to regular life.

The narratives has pitted citizens against citizens and until someone in power actually comes out and stops it all and tells us to get back to normal.......we are being "shut down"

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 11:25 AM

Therapeutics* are in fact being administered regularly. 

I think it's time for you to disconnect your internet service....maybe indefinitely. 

Tue, Jan 11, 2022 11:42 AM
posted by Fletch

Shut down might be a little harsh, but lets call it control.

The false and disproven narratives :

******masks work

******People cant or shouldnt with family for the holidays

The mask thing is the same as the vaccine argument, If not 100% effective, you want that to mean they don't do any good. They do. Period. Not seriously debatable.

Shouldn't what for the holidays? (in your case, the answer is "breed"). If you meant get together, people did. And cases skyrocketed.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 12:03 PM
posted by Automatik

Therapeutics* are in fact being administered regularly. 

I think it's time for you to disconnect your internet service....maybe indefinitely. 

On one hand, if he did, this site would have a lot less total idiocy. On the other, dude is a great example of how, if a person is all about constantly consuming any and all sorts of media -- particularly anything that "verifies" their own beliefs -- they eventually turn into a paranoid conspiracy theory spouting loon who unconsciously spins everything to suit their purposes and simply can't believe that everyone else can't see "it".

Who wants to bet that CC's totally on board with QAnon shit by this point of his life?

Ironman92 Administrator
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 12:18 PM

My school getting ready to go remote again it looks

Sucks

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 2:11 PM
posted by Ironman92

Sucks

What a joke.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Jan 11, 2022 3:35 PM
posted by Ironman92

Sucks

That is awful.  I can't believe they are even entertaining this.   My daughter's school has supposedly committed to not closing, and I hope that holds.  What about the next variant and the next one and the next one.  Sooner or later people need to either get back to the world or stay home on their own.  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login