Covid-19 discussion, continued...

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 1:20 PM
posted by Spock

Everyone should.  Guy obviously isnt following the science

What do you want him to say? He said it is up to the people that are vaccinated and their level of comfort and how many cases are in their area. Sounds reasonable to me. 

You do know it is possible to get COVID if you are vaccinated? It is very very low probability, but possible. 

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 1:21 PM
posted by Spock

And he does it again......This man is worse for America at this point then Covid.

posted by Spock

You obviously aren't following the English!

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 1:38 PM
posted by Spock

There are people in "positions of authority" will say stuff every day - much or which you won't agree with.  Instead of reading about them over and over and over and over again, and getting more pissed off each time, don't pay attention to them.  Whatever worries you have such as "yeah, but this guy is the infectious disease guy in the US government; he's responsible for our country's response; he is affecting my life, etc" will go away as you find that he doesn't really affect your life one bit.  Going back to news sources that are going to keep hammering the same issue or person every single day is not the way to feel better.  Live your life and leave these TV government media types to their own devices.  Quit paying attention to what they say and you will feel much better.    

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 1:43 PM

You do realize the influence that Faucci has though, right?  Yeah, maybe I/we can ignore him.  But there are plenty of morons out there who are lemmings.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 2:27 PM

I look forward to the day I never have to see his face or hear his name again. Maybe by 2024 this will all be over. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 2:31 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

What do you want him to say? He said it is up to the people that are vaccinated and their level of comfort and how many cases are in their area. Sounds reasonable to me. 

You do know it is possible to get COVID if you are vaccinated? It is very very low probability, but possible. 

He said the total opposite of that last week and he has done this over and over.  The "possibility" of getting covid after getting a vaccine is likely lower then getting the flu after a flu shot but we arent locking the healthy people down for that.

People like Daddy DeWine still has Ohio locked down because of this double talk.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 2:46 PM
posted by Spock

He said the total opposite of that last week and he has done this over and over.  The "possibility" of getting covid after getting a vaccine is likely lower then getting the flu after a flu shot but we arent locking the healthy people down for that.

People like Daddy DeWine still has Ohio locked down because of this double talk.

What are you talking about? 

I know the possibility is low, but he said it is personal choice, something you should agree with. 

In regards to the quote at hand in dining. I can go and eat at a restaurant now in Ohio.  

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 2:47 PM
posted by justincredible

I look forward to the day I never have to see his face or hear his name again. Maybe by 2024 this will all be over. 

Just look the other direction, Justin.  

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 2:49 PM

Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison of 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 total flu numbers?  Is there an easy place to find this?

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 3:04 PM
posted by Spock

How is Ohio locked down? 

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 3:12 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Just look the other direction, Justin.  

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 3:28 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

You do realize the influence that Faucci has though, right?  Yeah, maybe I/we can ignore him.  But there are plenty of morons out there who are lemmings.

So let the morons do their thing.  It affects our lives not at all if you are really honest about it.  Fauci is for the government and the media talking heads.  No one else needs to worry about him.  I can go anywhere I want and do anything I want with the only exception that I have to wear a mask.  That'll fade in time.  Fauci, and whatever he says, has nothing to do with this. 

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 3:59 PM

Climate lockdowns on the horizon. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:24 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Keep being enraged. 

Facts hurting again ?

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:25 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison of 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 total flu numbers?  Is there an easy place to find this?

Doubtful ............. scrubbed

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:34 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Facts hurting again ?

Facts about Fauci shouldn't be hurting anyone. Ignore him. He's influencing little to nothing in your life. So who gives a fuck what he says. I'm no fan of his either. But I don't read about him in outraged columns every day and get myself all worked up anew. 

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:35 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Doubtful ............. scrubbed

Deep State went nuts with an eraser. 

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 10:35 PM

“Vaccinations on their own are not enough to keep us safe.”

It’s almost like their messaging is intentionally shitty to keep a high percentage of people from getting the vaccine so they can keep this going on forever.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:25 AM
posted by justincredible

“Vaccinations on their own are not enough to keep us safe.”

It’s almost like their messaging is intentionally shitty to keep a high percentage of people from getting the vaccine so they can keep this going on forever.

Just close your eyes and ignore everything. It won’t affect you.

/boogie

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 8:20 AM
posted by like_that

Just close your eyes and ignore everything. It won’t affect you.

/boogie

Vs just read about it all day, get pissed and feel like you're somehow involved and doing something when bitching yo friends about the state of things. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login