Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 9:47 AM

If you're not outraged on the daily are you really doing anything?

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 10:25 AM

Now I know how people vote for Biden you just ignore anything negative about him 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 10:29 AM

I’m with Boogie on this one in regards to Fauci. Most people have tuned him out. How many states are opening up despite what he’s saying? He definitely hurts Spocks feelings every day though. 

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 10:31 AM
posted by sportchampps

Now I know how people vote for Biden you just ignore anything negative about him 

Lol this is exactly how people rationalized voting for Trump. “Just ignore what he does on Twitter everyday!”

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 10:47 AM
posted by sportchampps

You don't ignore anything negative about someone.  But if there is someone like Fauci - who you won't even be voting for - you tune him out.  Reading about him and getting outraged about it everyday is not doing any good.  He's way less important and influential than that if you are really honest about it. 

I didn't vote for Biden either. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 10:53 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison of 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020 total flu numbers?  Is there an easy place to find this?

This help?

Link.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 11:42 AM

For all of you saying you should ignore Fauci,  sure individually but his rhetoric and false statements are driving narratives that elected politicians are following.  So you can’t ignore him.

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:04 PM
posted by Fletch

For all of you saying you should ignore Fauci,  sure individually but his rhetoric and false statements are driving narratives that elected politicians are following.  So you can’t ignore him.

The link you posted yesterday was of him saying eat indoors if you want, it’s up to you. And you can eat indoors and have been able to for months. So what politicians are following his narratives? 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:08 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I’m with Boogie on this one in regards to Fauci. Most people have tuned him out. How many states are opening up despite what he’s saying? He definitely hurts Spocks feelings every day though. 

It’s a thread about covid, so I would say it’s an appropriate topic since Fauci has been wrong and full of shit about almost everything. 

I think the pendulum has shifted from people bitching in these threads to people bitching about people bitching in threads (I.e. boogie).  Since boogie has solved the answer to life, maybe he should take his own advice and ignore Spock, QO, and anyone else who bitches about shit he is not on board with.

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:22 PM
posted by like_that

It’s a thread about covid, so I would say it’s an appropriate topic since Fauci has been wrong and full of shit about almost everything. 

I think the pendulum has shifted from people bitching in these threads to people bitching about people bitching in threads (I.e. boogie).  Since boogie has solved the answer to life, maybe he should take his own advice and ignore Spock, QO, and anyone else who bitches about shit he is not on board with.

I have no answer to life.  And I don't criticize most people on here.  When the same people complain about the exact same thing day after day, I simply pointed out that perhaps choosing to ignore said thing may be helpful.  

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:23 PM
posted by like_that

Counter: Spock bitches about Fauci. Boogie bitches about Spock bitching about Fauci. Everyone bitches about Boogie bitching about Spock. I bitch about everyone bitching about Boogie. You bitch about me bitching about everyone bitching about Boogie who was bitching about Spock bitching about Fauci. 

We continue doing that or start another “what did you have for lunch” thread. 

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:23 PM
posted by Fletch

What narrative is he creating that is dictating anything in your life currently?

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:35 PM

Counter: Spock bitches about Fauci. Boogie bitches about Spock bitching about Fauci. Everyone bitches about Boogie bitching about Spock. I bitch about everyone bitching about Boogie. You bitch about me bitching about everyone bitching about Boogie who was bitching about Spock bitching about Fauci. 

Soup, beef and veggie.

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:41 PM

Fair enough.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:43 PM

Personally, I love Spock's constant bitching because everyone needs a little pick-me-up from time to time and whenever I read his whiny posts, I suddenly start to feel a fair bit better about myself as a person.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:49 PM

Yes.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:58 PM

The link you posted yesterday was of him saying eat indoors if you want, it’s up to you. And you can eat indoors and have been able to for months. So what politicians are following his narratives? 

The post was about the fact that days earlier he was saying that even if vaccinated you should be locked away and healthy people should fear the covid

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 12:58 PM

Post of the year candidate?

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 1:19 PM
posted by Spock

Post of the year candidate?

ttt

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 2:45 PM
posted by Fletch

He's the highest paid government employee ..................he MUST be right.  

LOL

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login