2019 Dead pool

• Sun, Sep 15, 2019 8:28 PM

Ric Ocasek, lead sing of The Cars at 75. Seems like we're losing these rock legends pretty regularly.

Sun, Sep 15, 2019 9:47 PM

Dang the 80’s guys are falling

Mon, Sep 16, 2019 9:22 AM
    posted by Ironman92

Dang the 80’s guys are falling

Sadly, we're going to see a bunch of these legends dropping in the future. Bands like the Stones, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath/Ozzy and even KISS are getting up there in age.

Mon, Sep 16, 2019 11:02 AM

Moving in Stereo............Phoebe Cates.

Mon, Sep 16, 2019 1:47 PM

That is a tough one; The Cars were one of my all-time favorites.

After you get past all the big hits, there were so many other great songs such as All Mixed Up, It’s All I Can Do; Cruiser; Misfit Kid; Dangerous Type, and on and on ….

The two most prominent band members now deceased, Ric Ocasek and Ben Orr (from Parma).

Mon, Sep 16, 2019 10:22 PM
    posted by QuakerOats

That is a tough one; The Cars were one of my all-time favorites.

After you get past all the big hits, there were so many other great songs such as All Mixed Up, It’s All I Can Do; Cruiser; Misfit Kid; Dangerous Type, and on and on ….

The two most prominent band members now deceased, Ric Ocasek and Ben Orr (from Parma).

The first two LPs have very few songs that are not great

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 7:38 AM
    posted by BR1986FB

Sadly, we're going to see a bunch of these legends dropping in the future. Bands like the Stones, the Who, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath/Ozzy and even KISS are getting up there in age.

Here's an article on the coming rock legend apocalypse.  Springsteen (70 next month) is the young pup of the bunch. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theweek.com/articles-amp/861750/coming-death-just-about-every-rock-legend

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 2:49 PM
    posted by BR1986FB

Gonna be weird to see Keith Richards outlive every single other member of those bands. And all the rest of us.

Mon, Sep 23, 2019 8:34 AM

Sid Haig aka Captain Spaulding at 80

Mon, Sep 23, 2019 1:42 PM
    posted by BR1986FB

Sid Haig aka Captain Spaulding at 80

Last year, I went through a phase where I bought a bunch of those cheap-ass horror movie compilations produced by Echo Bridge where you'd get a bunch of direct-to-video stuff by Full Moon, as well as micro-budget stuff, made-for-TV movies and the occasional name film. I was impressed by how prolific Haig was. He'd seem to be on something on about every compilation, doing a small role. Seemed to really love his status as a B-movie horror icon and had fun doing those roles. Kinda bums me out that he's gone; seemed like a cool guy who'd have been fun to talk to about his career and his films for a bit.

Sun, Oct 20, 2019 4:49 PM

Eric Cooper MLB ump

Did division series this season

Sun, Oct 20, 2019 9:38 PM
    posted by Ironman92

Eric Cooper MLB ump

Did division series this season

From a heart attack caused by a post surgery blood clot.

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 9:38 AM
    posted by Heretic

Last year, I went through a phase where I bought a bunch of those cheap-ass horror movie compilations produced by Echo Bridge where you'd get a bunch of direct-to-video stuff by Full Moon, as well as micro-budget stuff, made-for-TV movies and the occasional name film. I was impressed by how prolific Haig was. He'd seem to be on something on about every compilation, doing a small role. Seemed to really love his status as a B-movie horror icon and had fun doing those roles. Kinda bums me out that he's gone; seemed like a cool guy who'd have been fun to talk to about his career and his films for a bit.

Late to the party here (just noticed this). I agree on Haig. He did a ton of those flicks. The fact he had a pretty unique look (for horror) didn't hurt. Seems like there are a select few who relish the B-Movie horror career. Bruce Campbell (Ash from Evil Dead) is another.

Thu, Oct 31, 2019 7:45 AM

John Witherspoon, who played Ice Cube's father in "Friday", at 77

Ad