Progressives, part 3...

bigorangebuck22 Senior Member
322 posts 6 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 14, 2023 12:36 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

There may be a problem at these schools with respect to things being said by protesters that are detestable to others.  But that’s nothing new at these places.  I will posit that the only reason anyone cares about this particular instance above any other is because a congresswoman decided she wanted relevancy and set up a so-easy-an-infant-could-do-it “hearing” in order to get on tv and outrage the rest of the choir.

This. And the sheep that ingest right wing media lap it up. The "outrage" is their crack cocaine.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 14, 2023 10:48 AM

When should "outrage" be permitted, when they are loading them into the boxcars?  

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 14, 2023 12:09 PM

Over the top hyperbole never ceases to entertain.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Dec 14, 2023 12:44 PM
posted by QuakerOats

When should "outrage" be permitted, when they are loading them into the boxcars?  

Yeah, Germany 1930s....yep, right where we are.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 14, 2023 12:58 PM

While yes, most of the undergraduate students at elite universities are liberal, it is different for the graduate programs.

The elite business and law schools alumni are both liberal and conservative. 

Look up most of the current conservative lawmakers and judges, and they are from Harvard and other elite schools. 

Harvard law and business schools are hardly bastions of liberalism. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 14, 2023 6:18 PM
posted by bigorangebuck22

This. And the sheep that ingest right wing media lap it up. The "outrage" is their crack cocaine.

Ok.

So when left media outnumbers right media, probably 10:2, does that make everybody else sheep also?

Your name tag has nice, big font, thanks for displaying it so clearly.

Thu, Dec 14, 2023 6:43 PM

As sure as QO posts his outrage you can be sure that others anywhere on the left will arrive to start name-calling anybody who has been perceived to say something remotely on the right. Hmmm... racist, lazy, naive, sheep, magats, uneducated, etc. I myself have been called half of those names. 

I'm guessing it takes five or so people to hold QO in check? Is that it?

*giggles in text*

The lack of self awareness is interesting. It's like watching Lord of the Flies in real time. Live action, baby!

Heretic Son of the Sun
Thu, Dec 14, 2023 7:04 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

As sure as QO posts his outrage you can be sure that others anywhere on the left will arrive to start name-calling anybody who has been perceived to say something remotely on the right. Hmmm... racist, lazy, naive, sheep, magats, uneducated, etc. I myself have been called half of those names. 

I'm guessing it takes five or so people to hold QO in check? Is that it? *giggles in text*

The lack of self awareness is interesting. It's like watching Lord of the Flies in real time. Live action, baby!

Lol, I hope you feel better after churning out that little mini-diatribe that, considering this site's overall political leanings, shows a lack of some sort of awareness!

I think the only person who says stuff on the right who regularly gets mocked is Quaker. Of current active members that is -- CC's various names definitely did, but that seemed rooted more in general idiocy and not being right-wing. Mainly because of his over-the-top hyperbole and often-hypocritical arguments (ie: complaining about media bias one day and then posting links from a biased right-wing media site the next). He comes off less as "concerned conservative" and more the sort of loopy caricature of a conservative that a sketch comedy show would portray in an attempt to make them look insane in the eyes of others. 

Now, it does seem like when the more left-wing members of the site (Ptown, Gblock) have opinions that differ from the norm, that's when the "five or so people to hold in check" really comes into play (maybe not with *giggles* included!) because I do remember threads just like this one devolve into a page or two of non-stop circular arguments because one of them said something that went against the grain, so everything else got put on hold until they got put in place and "the way things are" got asserted again.

Thu, Dec 14, 2023 9:42 PM
posted by Heretic

Lol, I hope you feel better after churning out that little mini-diatribe that, considering this site's overall political leanings, shows a lack of some sort of awareness!

I think the only person who says stuff on the right who regularly gets mocked is Quaker. Of current active members that is -- CC's various names definitely did, but that seemed rooted more in general idiocy and not being right-wing. Mainly because of his over-the-top hyperbole and often-hypocritical arguments (ie: complaining about media bias one day and then posting links from a biased right-wing media site the next). He comes off less as "concerned conservative" and more the sort of loopy caricature of a conservative that a sketch comedy show would portray in an attempt to make them look insane in the eyes of others. 

Now, it does seem like when the more left-wing members of the site (Ptown, Gblock) have opinions that differ from the norm, that's when the "five or so people to hold in check" really comes into play (maybe not with *giggles* included!) because I do remember threads just like this one devolve into a page or two of non-stop circular arguments because one of them said something that went against the grain, so everything else got put on hold until they got put in place and "the way things are" got asserted again.

It devolves into PTown and jmog using pages and pages to quote the other at length in order to point out a particular instance of an “I never said red; I said bright red”.  Mix in a couple of geeblock’s responses filled with the atrocious grammar and spelling of a retarded donkey.

Fri, Dec 15, 2023 6:46 PM

I was also including the choirboys who only drop in to start name-calling and disappear again for a while. I think I'll assign them as Jacks and Rogers. 

We've always had long winded and circular arguments. Whether its otrap and Isidore or jmog and ptown/Gblock. But at least they offer something else other than those that have no other substance. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 21, 2023 8:23 AM

Is removing (and others trying to remove) your enemy from the primary ballot election interference, or no? 

Thu, Dec 21, 2023 9:11 AM
posted by iclfan2

Is removing (and others trying to remove) your enemy from the primary ballot election interference, or no? 

Enemy huh? Strong language. I never think of someone from the other side as the enemy, but that's just me. 

I flip it back to you. Is there any circumstance where someone should be allowed to stay on the ballot? 

On the Colorado case, legally, if you look at the language, there is a good case there. Now, whether the Supreme Court agrees is the big question. They may decide this is a state issue and let it be, but who knows. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 21, 2023 9:49 AM

The left has treated him like an enemy for years, I also couldn’t come up with a better word. I think calling Jan 6 an insurrection is ridiculous, which would make their case against him very weak. The word insurrection, like many others in the last 15 years, have been devalued in meaning. 

Thu, Dec 21, 2023 9:58 AM
posted by iclfan2

The left has treated him like an enemy for years, I also couldn’t come up with a better word. I think calling Jan 6 an insurrection is ridiculous, which would make their case against him very weak. The word insurrection, like many others in the last 15 years, have been devalued in meaning. 

The court case revolves around Trump's action with the VP and his attorneys. The recent cases in Georgia and elsewhere show that it is not ridiculous. 

I'd also flip your language and say the right has been doing the same for years. Sad state of politics today. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Dec 21, 2023 12:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

Of course not; why would you proffer such nonsense?!

lol

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Dec 21, 2023 2:15 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Yeah, Germany 1930s....yep, right where we are.

Heretic Son of the Sun
Thu, Dec 21, 2023 6:12 PM

posted by QuakerOats

Cool, both parties are supported by "nazis", it seems.
Thu, Dec 21, 2023 8:44 PM
posted by iclfan2

If a bunch of Obama followers attacked the capital in the waning days of his presidency, you would be screaming “insurrection” from the rooftops.  And you’d be correct.

Thu, Dec 21, 2023 8:47 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Which present US party are you referring to?  As I read that, it’s not clear.  

BTW, it started long before that in the Munich beer halls with a demagogue talking about how foreigners were poisoning the blood of the Volk.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Dec 22, 2023 11:21 AM
posted by iclfan2

All the judges were dems, but the 3 who did not vote to remove Trump from the ballot went to state law school; the majority 4 who did vote to remove Trump from the ballot all went to Ivy League schools.  The elitists once again telling the common folk who will be their ruler.  They shred democracy while telling The People they are saving it.  

This concludes today's rant.  

Merry Christmas! 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login