Progressives, part 3...

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 11, 2023 4:57 AM

Well, CNN is now on The Shit List. How dare they let political opposition be heard!

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 11, 2023 10:11 AM
posted by gut

LOL  - went to CNN and MSN this afternoon and both had at least half a dozen articles on Trump's liable judgement.  Scroll WAY down both and there's one article about the Repub conference on Biden's influence peddling scheme.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that the Santos indictment was announced this morning.

C'mon, make A LITTLE effort media.

The Santos indictment occurred right on queue ..................anything to deflect from the millions and millions everyone in the biden family skimmed in their bribery/extortion scheme. 

And of course, the debt ceiling bullshit is getting far more play than it would otherwise.  

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 11, 2023 12:22 PM
posted by gut

LOL  - went to CNN and MSN this afternoon and both had at least half a dozen articles on Trump's liable judgement.  Scroll WAY down both and there's one article about the Repub conference on Biden's influence peddling scheme.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that the Santos indictment was announced this morning.

C'mon, make A LITTLE effort media.

I mean, on the flip side, out of curiosity, I just went on Fox News and after scrolling down a good ways, I hadn't seen anything on Santos and the only Trump stuff involved last night's CNN Town Hall (three articles that I saw -- one about the deal, one about a Pub representative sparring with CNN hosts after it and one about Libs Mad because it was CNN hosting it), but Biden stuff (border, family getting paid) was pretty prominent.

We live in a day now where national news media outlets focus on what will rile up their core base. Much like how politicians are more focused on firing up their base than actually doing anything that people in general care about because it's apparently more useful for them to have 10% of the people fired up than 50+% reasonably satisfied. It's all a clusterfuck where if you're not one of the loud "useful idiots" in the bag for either the hard right or hard left, it's frustrating to even pay attention to most anything because you can read/hear about one particular event from two or more sources and get such wildly differing stories that you're actually kind of astounded that they're about the same thing.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 11, 2023 12:27 PM
posted by Heretic

I mean, on the flip side, out of curiosity, I just went on Fox News and after scrolling down a good ways, I hadn't seen anything on Santos and the only Trump stuff involved last night's CNN Town Hall

Working from home and watched Fox in the afternoon (the only real news left)...multiple stories on Santos. Generally I find the website of CNN to be much better than their network, and the opposite for Fox (their afternoon news is much better than the web coverage).

Granted, it's a window most people don't watch, but Fox still has a handful of actual journalist who have been much, much better than the folks on CNN and elsewhere.  To be fair, those are the same journos causing people like Quaker to leave Fox.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 11, 2023 1:21 PM
posted by gut

Working from home and watched Fox in the afternoon (the only real news left)...multiple stories on Santos. Generally I find the website of CNN to be much better than their network, and the opposite for Fox (their afternoon news is much better than the web coverage).

Granted, it's a window most people don't watch, but Fox still has a handful of actual journalist who have been much, much better than the folks on CNN and elsewhere.  To be fair, those are the same journos causing people like Quaker to leave Fox.

I can see that. If anything, I was a bit surprised by just how "tabloid" the Fox site looked in its presentation, even including a few nothingburger stories that included little quip one-liners over the picture near the top ("Angry vegan pens irate letter after neighbor holds backyard BBQ party" with "Take a grill pill" superimposed over the pic as one of the top stories). But that also was the first time I've visited any of the major news network sites (or looked at anything put out by said news groups since I tend to avoid any of those channels like the plague) in forever, so they all could be that way. 

I believe that Fox does have real TV journalists, though. The whole voting machine lawsuit kind of brought out how the late-night hosts and some of the suits were pissed off at some of their news people due to them refusing to buy into the stolen election lies they were trying to peddle for ratings even if they also didn't actually believe them. Of course, like you said, those people not buying in are why a certain demo is dumping Fox because way too many people are only interesting in hearing what they want to hear and anything contrary to that obviously has to be a lie.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 11, 2023 1:35 PM
posted by gut

Haven't watched 3 hours of Fox or the enemies in the last 2.5 years.    

Take care.

gut Senior Member
Thu, May 11, 2023 2:23 PM
posted by Heretic

I can see that. If anything, I was a bit surprised by just how "tabloid" the Fox site looked in its presentation.

LOL it does.  I rarely go to the Fox News website.  Been going to CNN for years, but like the network it went pretty far south with Trump's election (actually, for the network that started back with Obama's election).

The one reliable thing I've found is finance/business articles in the WSJ and FT. Their readers are not interested in spin and only care about what's happening to their money.  I think it's the closest thing we have left to unbiased news.  But I'm talking the actual coverage and not editorial/opinion/political sections.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 11, 2023 3:01 PM

Here's a site my wife likes:

https://www.allsides.com/

Thu, May 11, 2023 3:15 PM

Interesting post from E Jean Carrol from back in 2012. It seems odd you'd love a show hosted by a guy that allegedly raped you. I went to her facebook profile to verify this is legit and it indeed is.

Link (it only seems to work if you're logged in): https://www.facebook.com/profile/767770175/search/?q=apprentice

Thu, May 11, 2023 4:38 PM

Honestly, I can't imagine going back 11 years to find something. I know that there are people who like to do that sort of thing, and they excel at it. 

But especially on the social medias like FB and Twitter, I just don't have the patience to do something like that. Even using keywords, there's a lot of filtering and sifting through that needs to be done. 

gut Senior Member
Thu, May 11, 2023 4:41 PM
posted by justincredible

Interesting post from E Jean Carrol from back in 2012. It seems odd you'd love a show hosted by a guy that allegedly raped you.

I was also saying yesterday that it the jury didn't believe she was raped in a busy department store, which would lead one to question her overall credibility.

I wonder if Trump's legal team found this tweet.  I'm sure they did, because he always hires the absolute best people.

IMO, that tweet is as bad as Trump basically saying she's ugly, then saying it's his first wife in a photo of the two of them next to each other.  I think the defense may also have been put forward that it was an effort to sell her book.

I'm sure Trump is a creep and has likely assaulted women in the past.  Just not sure this woman was one of them.  There's also the uber-creepy idea that he probably paid off and had NDA's with all the women he actually did assault....

But this was out there before the 2016 election, and now you have an actual verdict.  And the Trump voters don't care.  Which isn't really the right question, since you only need to convince about 1-2% of people not to vote for him.

Thu, May 11, 2023 4:59 PM

An interesting thought project: Wonder why the general public, certainly dem subscribing DA's, has had such strong feelings about Trump's potential rapes and assaults (now one conviction) but Biden's credible accuser had very little attention paid to her. 

gut Senior Member
Thu, May 11, 2023 5:33 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

An interesting thought project: Wonder why the general public, certainly dem subscribing DA's, has had such strong feelings about Trump's potential rapes and assaults (now one conviction) but Biden's credible accuser had very little attention paid to her. 

They care even less about Clinton's history.

Or you could look at the efforts to bury and suppress the Ronan Farrow story on Harvey Weinstein.  The Dems really only care about "victimization" so far as it helps them get elected.

Thu, May 11, 2023 5:39 PM

I just saw a vid showing that AB is still losing ground on the BL boycott. Do you think that they learned a lesson about how they want to present their various brands? I'm not sure. Usually money dictates which direction you go but in this case, I don't think they truly "get it". 

There are a lot of people that expect AB to make an official apology. I'm 100% against the apologetics. We need to stop expecting and demanding apologies for every little damn thing under the sun. I think AB buyers have made their point, I think AB won't make the same mistake again. I think it's time to move on. 
However...

I also think that these companies need to think long and hard before they venture into upholding people who are pushing kids in front of them for the sake of ideological activism. And not only companies, but also politicians. Support Transology all you want, but draw hard lines when it comes to kids/child affirming care. I think that's an easy lesson for almost everybody. 

At any rate, I don't drink enough beer, much less BL in particular, to have a dog in the fight. But I kinda think that the point has been made and it's time for people to take a breath.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 12, 2023 7:12 AM

When your product is easily replaced with multiple other options, you probably should be smarter about your marketing. I’m not sure what you mean about the point being made, I hope it continues in perpetuity. It won’t of course because people have a short attention span, but it’s nice to see that people are tired of the woke trash (although a lot of the other beer companies have promoted the same ideals). 

In other news, leftist NY DA is going to charge the subway chokehold guy (Neely) with manslaughter. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, May 14, 2023 6:13 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well, CNN is now on The Shit List. How dare they let political opposition be heard!

Despite the fact that AOC is full of shit 99% of the time, these tweets pretty much sum up the left's relationship with Trump since he inserted himself into the politics game. 

On one end he is the most vile and evil person in the world, yet on the other end they are all ok with propping him up, because they know having him front in center is currently the best way for dems to win elections or in the media's case it's a cash cow (look at CNN's ratings from one Trump town hall v.s. their average ratings).  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, May 14, 2023 3:41 PM

Clowns

Sun, May 14, 2023 5:00 PM
posted by iclfan2

Clowns

hah! I can't believe that they're still humping muh white supremacy! like they are trying to win the Olympics or something LOL

gut Senior Member
Sun, May 14, 2023 5:30 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

hah! I can't believe that they're still humping muh white supremacy! like they are trying to win the Olympics or something LOL

Gotta keep that black and brown vote, but I think all the woke crap is costing them white voters.  Trump is the only thing standing between the Dems and a complete shellacking at the polls

Mon, May 15, 2023 12:27 PM

All we need are scheduled rolling blackouts and we, too, can meet our target emission goals. It's behind a paywall so I didn't read the article, but the headline is hilarious, in a sad, dystopian way.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-05-15/south-africa-beats-climate-goal-as-blackouts-slash-emissions#xj4y7vzkg

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login