Progressives, part 3...

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 14, 2023 7:35 PM
posted by iclfan2

No. And people should stop pretending it’s acceptable. Funny how the Trans are the most violent lately but the government would still say it’s the crazy whites you need to worry about. 

See that's where if you had, you may change some of that view. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 14, 2023 7:59 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Probably not. I hope they get the mental health help that they need. Especially the freaks trying to destroy their children’s future health. You have to draw a line somewhere, make believing a gender is where mine is. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 14, 2023 8:16 PM

Dylan Mulvaney is a fame seeker. Looks like they got what they wanted. 

Fri, Apr 14, 2023 9:08 PM
posted by iclfan2

Probably not. I hope they get the mental health help that they need. Especially the freaks trying to destroy their children’s future health. You have to draw a line somewhere, make believing a gender is where mine is. 

Yeah, you obviously haven't talked to anyone in person. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 14, 2023 9:12 PM

I think I have asked this before, but no one really answered or dismissed it.

Does anyone on here actually know or interact with anyone that is Trans? 

I work with somebody who is trans. Sometimes directly, sometimes via mass emails and such. Also joke/tease about sports to a trans man at the local grocery store.

Why would you ask? 

Fri, Apr 14, 2023 9:30 PM

Yeah, you obviously haven't talked to anyone in person. 

No interest in doing so. The only mental disorder that people pretend doesn’t exist, instead of actually traating it. 

Fri, Apr 14, 2023 9:30 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I work with somebody who is trans. Sometimes directly, sometimes via mass emails and such. Also joke/tease about sports to a trans man at the local grocery store.

Why would you ask? 

Have you talked to them about all of these topics and got their own experience or thoughts? 

Also, do you consider them a person or someone that is like what is posted by people on here? 

Fri, Apr 14, 2023 9:31 PM
posted by iclfan2

No interest in doing so. The only mental disorder that people pretend doesn’t exist, instead of actually traating it. 

Wow. That is a actually sad. 

Fri, Apr 14, 2023 9:35 PM

Wow. That is an actually sad. 

K. Try living in reality. Hope you don’t have kids you’re poisoning. 

Fri, Apr 14, 2023 9:40 PM
posted by iclfan2

K. Try living in reality. Hope you don’t have kids you’re poisoning. 

Wow. Just have a conversation is all I am saying, geesh. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 15, 2023 12:25 AM

Have you talked to them about all of these topics and got their own experience or thoughts? 

Also, do you consider them a person or someone that is like what is posted by people on here? 

It hasn't came up in conversation with either of them yet but probably will at some point.

Let me ask you this , town:

Should we agree with anorexics when they say that they feel like they are fat, out of kindness and an open mind?  Should we adopt more pronouns to feel in solidarity with them? Maybe the pronoun would be "weightless". What about the sufferers who feel like they should have been born blind or missing limbs? "sightless"/ "legless", perhaps?

There are many forms of body dysmorphia. None of them should be messed around with. Yet here we are.  

It's interesting to me that neither you or geebock had anything to say when I pointed out that the activists and Biden want to pursue child trans affirming care which includes procedures like chemical castration performed on kids and Frankensteining their little bodies in other ways. You want IC to talk to a trans person like it's magical. It's not. Most of them suffer from acute/severe anxiety and depression, with or without social cues, and a host of other mental health conditions.

But according to people like YOU we are all supposed to ignore that other issues,  opting instead to be "allies". It's because of people who deny that anybody else might have a good point of conflict that we are now seeing the spike in detransitions. Because people ignoring all underlying problems in their efforts to signal how kind they are, detransitions and unimaginable amounts of therapy and drugs are all that these people have to look forward to in their lives.

Good job!

For myself, I draw the line at kids. Leave them the hell alone. Let their bodies and minds mature together before pushing critical gender ideology on them. Because it's unacceptable. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Apr 15, 2023 5:22 AM

I do, and he (man pretending to be a woman) is now bat shit crazy.  Zero chance we would be able to have a "conversation" as you suggest (although you are most likely suggesting we just shut up and listen), because he would become immediately unhinged.  I hope he finds the help he needs considering the high suicide and self-harm rate these people have and I hope he isn't in the position to raise any children.   This is classic ptown though for any social discussion.  It's his boiler plate template coming in to act like the intellectual on every social discussion with "curious, have any of you all ever xxxx?"  Somehow ptown ALWAYS has the experience with any of the group of people being discussed, whether he knows one person or a group of them.  He also apparently spends the majority of his time having profound and in depth conversations with these people, so he can enlighten us on why we are wrong.

It's almost as if ptown is full of shit, or even worse he goes out of his way to collect anecdotal moments/people to drop in conversations like this one only to argue your opinion is not credible.  It's no different than the "I have black friends" card that most liberals get butt hurt over.  

Unfortunately, what moderate ptown does pretty much sums up every white male/female liberal has done since 2008.  It has evolved from telling people "i voted for obama" to "I know transgenders."  

Sat, Apr 15, 2023 5:34 AM

Wow. Just have a conversation is all I am saying, geesh. 

The 2008-2016 Obama voter playbook.  Love it.  "We need to have a conversation" LOL.  

At this point, if you don't know what this means, there is nobody that can help you.

Sat, Apr 15, 2023 8:10 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It hasn't came up in conversation with either of them yet but probably will at some point.

Let me ask you this , town:

Should we agree with anorexics when they say that they feel like they are fat, out of kindness and an open mind?  Should we adopt more pronouns to feel in solidarity with them? Maybe the pronoun would be "weightless". What about the sufferers who feel like they should have been born blind or missing limbs? "sightless"/ "legless", perhaps?

There are many forms of body dysmorphia. None of them should be messed around with. Yet here we are.  

It's interesting to me that neither you or geebock had anything to say when I pointed out that the activists and Biden want to pursue child trans affirming care which includes procedures like chemical castration performed on kids and Frankensteining their little bodies in other ways. You want IC to talk to a trans person like it's magical. It's not. Most of them suffer from acute/severe anxiety and depression, with or without social cues, and a host of other mental health conditions.

But according to people like YOU we are all supposed to ignore that other issues,  opting instead to be "allies". It's because of people who deny that anybody else might have a good point of conflict that we are now seeing the spike in detransitions. Because people ignoring all underlying problems in their efforts to signal how kind they are, detransitions and unimaginable amounts of therapy and drugs are all that these people have to look forward to in their lives.

Good job!

For myself, I draw the line at kids. Leave them the hell alone. Let their bodies and minds mature together before pushing critical gender ideology on them. Because it's unacceptable. 

Well, from my experience, a lot of your views, what you post is either wrong, or uneducated. But, you wouldn't know because you refuse to even accept or acknowledge them. 

Sat, Apr 15, 2023 8:14 AM
posted by like_that

I do, and he (man pretending to be a woman) is now bat shit crazy.  Zero chance we would be able to have a "conversation" as you suggest (although you are most likely suggesting we just shut up and listen), because he would become immediately unhinged.  I hope he finds the help he needs considering the high suicide and self-harm rate these people have and I hope he isn't in the position to raise any children.   This is classic ptown though for any social discussion.  It's his boiler plate template coming in to act like the intellectual on every social discussion with "curious, have any of you all ever xxxx?"  Somehow ptown ALWAYS has the experience with any of the group of people being discussed, whether he knows one person or a group of them.  He also apparently spends the majority of his time having profound and in depth conversations with these people, so he can enlighten us on why we are wrong.

It's almost as if ptown is full of shit, or even worse he goes out of his way to collect anecdotal moments/people to drop in conversations like this one only to argue your opinion is not credible.  It's no different than the "I have black friends" card that most liberals get butt hurt over.  

Unfortunately, what moderate ptown does pretty much sums up every white male/female liberal has done since 2008.  It has evolved from telling people "i voted for obama" to "I know transgenders."  

Good for you. Hey man, I don't apologize for my own life experiences and who I have as friends and colleagues. I do know good friends that are freaking out right now because of all the laws that are getting passed. 

Sat, Apr 15, 2023 8:39 AM

I do know good friends that are freaking out right now because of all the laws that are getting passed. 

They’re freaking out that they can’t mutilate/ harm children? What laws affect these adults? Leave the children alone.

Let me guess, you and your friends also support males playing in female sports leagues?

Sat, Apr 15, 2023 9:27 AM

An adult biological male celebrating a year of “girlhood” and acting like a teenage girl is weird. You transitioned? Fine. But you’re a “woman” so act like the adult you are. This should not be normalized or celebrated. And it certainly shouldn’t be pushed on children. 

How about the dude from Mr Beast who just transitioned? A look back thru their twitter history and you see several pedophile “jokes” which is, you know, pretty gross. And the fact that Mr Beast has such a large following of kids makes it even worse.

Sat, Apr 15, 2023 9:38 AM
posted by iclfan2

They’re freaking out that they can’t mutilate/ harm children? What laws affect these adults? Leave the children alone.

Let me guess, you and your friends also support males playing in female sports leagues?

Not sure if it was discussed already, I’ve been avoiding these threads for a while. 

Have we all seen the Riley Gaines incident at SFSU? She was assaulted and essentially held hostage by TRAs for a few hours and then the university apologized to and applauded the TRAs for their bravery. And then someone involved with their athletic department said something about how it’s a misconception that men have a physical advantage over women in sports. 

I’m going off memory here so please correct me if I am wrong. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Apr 15, 2023 10:05 AM
posted by like_that

Seems like he was just wondering if you haven’t ever even spoken with one, then what are you basing your expert opinion on? (Not you personally but in general). Conjecture? Twitter? Tucker? Like seriously I’m don’t know the answer either but I know enough to know that I don’t know. I’ll trust doctors makes the most sense to me. Statistically it’s such a small portion of the population that unless you go to a gay bar or certain areas you could go you whole life and not run into a trans person. Calm the fuck down they aren’t out to harm children. I don’t think anyone would choose to have a child in that situation or even be in that situation. There are plenty of groups that actually molest children and just by a numbers game it’s not close if saving children is the actual goal.  Bottom line it doesn’t affect your life . We also have bigger issues the govt should be focused on imo 

Sat, Apr 15, 2023 10:34 AM
posted by iclfan2

We are in year 3 since trump has been booted out of office, and people like Ptown and his anecdotal “friends” are pretending that white conservatives are going to round up specific people (transgenders in this case) and send them to re-education camps.

I am curious as to which law(s) actually don’t allow transgenders to live their independent lives.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login