Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 4:04 PM
gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 4:49 PM

leftwing Karen rats you out for not getting vaccinated...

But does no one on the WH Staff recognize how utterly stupid and futile it is to adopt the wants and language of the twitter mob?  I suppose that's what happens when, for some reason, twitter is where you post your job openings.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 7:57 PM
posted by like_that

Nice rant, but do you realize what thread you are posting in?  

Sure. And this thread is a perfect illustration of my “rant”. You guys literally blame anything and everything on politics. Like it’s the only thought in your head. Is it? 

gut Senior Member
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 8:45 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Sure. And this thread is a perfect illustration of my “rant”. You guys literally blame anything and everything on politics. Like it’s the only thought in your head. Is it? 

Everything?  Literally?  Interesting.

And you realize 90% of political posts from 90% of "right wingers" on this board are just laughing at stupid people?  We also all laugh and mock QO and CC, but somehow we're still "right wingers"?

Your above take is what it looks like when you THINK you're a moderate, but you're delusional.  You and Ptown need "de-sensitivity" training.

You and a few others take a lot less abuse than QO and CC but whine and bitch 10X as hard about how "right wing" the board is.  Pretty funny.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 11:26 PM
posted by gut

And you realize 90% of political posts from 90% of "right wingers" on this board are just laughing at stupid people?  We also all laugh and mock QO and CC, but somehow we're still "right wingers"?

Your above take is what it looks like when you THINK you're a moderate, but you're delusional.  You and Ptown need "de-sensitivity" training.

You and a few others take a lot less abuse than QO and CC but whine and bitch 10X as hard about how "right wing" the board is.  Pretty funny.

Don’t let facts cloud Kizer’s belief system  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Dec 21, 2021 7:02 AM
posted by gut

Especially considering the last two elections this board heavily did not vote for trump.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Dec 21, 2021 7:05 AM

You came in a political thread (you know, where political topics are discussed), provided two weak arguments to counter two sperare topics, and now are crying that people are picking apart your political takes in a political thread.

Where the fuck are you going with this?

Tue, Dec 21, 2021 10:31 AM
posted by like_that

You came in a political thread (you know, where political topics are discussed), provided two weak arguments to counter two sperare topics, and now are crying that people are picking apart your political takes in a political thread.

Where the fuck are you going with this?

It’s not a political take lol  that’s the whole point. You guys make it a political take. People leave California bc it’s expensive. Same reason people leave other expensive areas lol. I’m sure you’ve been to California, right? I’ve only been 3 times. 3 separate areas. But each place the weather was great and it was beautiful. That tends to make places expensive to live. Especially when it’s crowded af.  People flocked to California for those reasons.  What happens when everyone flocks to an area? It gets expensive. Then it prices people out and they leave.  It’s not unique to California. But yeah. It’s because of those crazy liberals. 

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 21, 2021 10:46 AM

It’s not a political take lol  that’s the whole point. You guys make it a political take. People leave California bc it’s expensive. Same reason people leave other expensive areas lol. I’m sure you’ve been to California, right? I’ve only been 3 times. 3 separate areas. But each place the weather was great and it was beautiful. That tends to make places expensive to live. Especially when it’s crowded af.  People flocked to California for those reasons.  What happens when everyone flocks to an area? It gets expensive. Then it prices people out and they leave.  It’s not unique to California. But yeah. It’s because of those crazy liberals. 

You're not wrong, but only partially correct. That the state income tax rate is more than 20% higher than the next highest state is a major factor.
Tue, Dec 21, 2021 10:57 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye
You're not wrong, but only partially correct. That the state income tax rate is more than 20% higher than the next highest state is a major factor.

I get it. That's true. But it was still growing even when it had the highest income tax right? 

Tue, Dec 21, 2021 11:05 AM

I get it. That's true. But it was still growing even when it had the highest income tax right? 

Yes, but it's part of the high cost of living that has reached a tipping point, and is the number one reason mentioned for leaving the state.

Tue, Dec 21, 2021 11:28 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Yes, but it's part of the high cost of living that has reached a tipping point, and is the number one reason mentioned for leaving the state.

I dunno.. people were moving there knowing going in what taxes are like. I think it really comes down to the fact that you can’t own a home there unless you’re wealthy now. Regardless of how high taxes are.

This was some years ago now but I was looking at a job in the LA area a recruiter contacted me about. The idea of living there excited me since it is beautiful there. Much better weather than here in Ohio obviously.  But the job was only about at 15% salary increase and the cost of living at that time was like 55% higher. I told the company that interviewed me that I was kind of surprised the salary didn’t reflect the cost of living difference and the HR lady said it was was they call “the sunshine tax” that you have to pay to live in California.  I didn’t take it obviously bc my life would be worse in every imaginable way except for weather and location. But people do it everyday. Those same people inevitably end up leaving when they realize they can’t afford it. It’s happened to several close friends of mine who moved out there. One of the couples moved to Denver from there and now are finding it’s getting to expensive for them too since it’s growing like crazy. They luckily bought a house before the rapid inflation so they’ll be fine if they stay. They’d honestly be better off to sell and leave though. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Dec 21, 2021 12:03 PM

The problem with your argument is that people polled/asked have specifically stated they are moving because of higher taxes.

Tue, Dec 21, 2021 12:06 PM
posted by jmog

The problem with your argument is that people polled/asked have specifically stated they are moving because of higher taxes.

Sure… but when you move there when the taxes are already high, it feels like it’s an easier excuse than saying “I’m too poor to live here “ 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Dec 21, 2021 1:15 PM

Sure… but when you move there when the taxes are already high, it feels like it’s an easier excuse than saying “I’m too poor to live here “ 

So now your argument is that the people polled are lying?

I mean that’s an interesting way to say “I was wrong so I will change my argument”.

Tue, Dec 21, 2021 1:44 PM
posted by jmog

So now your argument is that the people polled are lying?

I mean that’s an interesting way to say “I was wrong so I will change my argument”.

Well if they aren’t lying,then they’re just pretty stupid, huh? 

gut Senior Member
Tue, Dec 21, 2021 11:17 PM

It’s not a political take lol  that’s the whole point. .

LMFAO....what thread did you post this in again?
jmog Senior Member
Wed, Dec 22, 2021 12:18 AM

Like I said, that’s an interesting way to say “I was given evidence that I am wrong so the other people must be lying or stupid”

Wed, Dec 22, 2021 7:19 AM

What's stupid about the argument that the cost of living, already high, keeps rising to the point where one can't afford it anymore or decide it's no longer worth it?

Wed, Dec 22, 2021 7:21 AM
posted by gut
LMFAO....what thread did you post this in again?

Not only that, since when is tax policy not political?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login