Progressives, part 3...

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Dec 16, 2021 9:03 AM

I don’t think you’re wrong that some liberal policies would and do lead to increase in crime. I don’t think it’s by and large true outside of a few cities. I guess my point is you’re never going to get it under control in a large city. And large cities are typically going to lean left. If they shifted all right… you’d still have the crime. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 16, 2021 9:19 AM
posted by kizer permanente

You mean the governments not out to get you after all? 

Maybe you still don't understand. Big government is bad, limited government, but not zero government is good. 

Is that simple enough?

jmog Senior Member
Thu, Dec 16, 2021 9:20 AM

I don’t think you’re wrong that some liberal policies would and do lead to increase in crime. I don’t think it’s by and large true outside of a few cities. I guess my point is you’re never going to get it under control in a large city. And large cities are typically going to lean left. If they shifted all right… you’d still have the crime. 

Of course you will still have crime, but Jacksonville and Miami are 2 good examples (and NYC with RG) of the crime rate dropping drastically when some Rs were in charge.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 16, 2021 9:36 AM

You mean the governments not out to get you after all? 

When they fill their constitutional roles, no. This includes protecting me and my property, and very little else.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 16, 2021 9:58 AM

Do you think a different party will come in and make crime go away? 

We've seen it happen in the biggest city in the United States.  New York was a dumpster fire and it got turned around bigly.  Unfortunately, the libs and leftists let it slip right back to where it was over the last 10 years. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, Dec 16, 2021 12:26 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massive-drop-people-moving-california-increase-people-leaving

Not shocked.  Could you imagine what this state looks like in a decade of this?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Dec 17, 2021 3:17 AM
posted by Fletch

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massive-drop-people-moving-california-increase-people-leaving

Not shocked.  Could you imagine what this state looks like in a decade of this?

Umm ok, most large liberal states with people leaving in droves are run by democrats. Nice false equivalency.  /Kizer

Fri, Dec 17, 2021 8:53 AM
posted by like_that

Umm ok, most large liberal states with people leaving in droves are run by democrats. Nice false equivalency.  /Kizer

Yeah that ultra conservative Colorado that people are flocking to. Makes sense.

Fri, Dec 17, 2021 9:15 AM

I can’t tell if you actually think this is as good of an argument as your “big city,” or “the other side can’t fix it, so might as well not blame anyone” argument. 

Fri, Dec 17, 2021 10:21 AM
posted by like_that

I can’t tell if you actually think this is as good of an argument as your “big city,” or “the other side can’t fix it, so might as well not blame anyone” argument. 

Again … it’s not an argument. it’s meant to show not everything is about politics which this site seems to live and die for. It’s kinda sad. Or maybe actually pathetic?  You guys def seem like you’d be really fun to hang around with.  “I see you’re drinking an IPA, Not sure I can talk to you since Fox News said you’re more likely to drink craft beer if you’re in the New Democratic Party” 

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Dec 17, 2021 10:53 AM

Again … it’s not an argument. it’s meant to show not everything is about politics which this site seems to live and die for. It’s kinda sad. Or maybe actually pathetic?  You guys def seem like you’d be really fun to hang around with.  “I see you’re drinking an IPA, Not sure I can talk to you since Fox News said you’re more likely to drink craft beer if you’re in the New Democratic Party” 

Even when shown actual evidence, like with the R mayors of major cities tending to lead to lower crime rates, you tend to stick to your guns and don't look at the real information in front of you, it doesn't surprise me that you believe CA movers are going to CO...

It literally takes 5 seconds to google "where are californians moving to"

Fri, Dec 17, 2021 6:58 PM
posted by jmog

Even when shown actual evidence, like with the R mayors of major cities tending to lead to lower crime rates, you tend to stick to your guns and don't look at the real information in front of you, it doesn't surprise me that you believe CA movers are going to CO...

It literally takes 5 seconds to google "where are californians moving to"

What are you even talking about? I never even talked about where Californians are going to  just which states are growing. You just have to chime in for everything even if it means countering a point that wasn’t even made lol  jfc  

jmog Senior Member
Fri, Dec 17, 2021 11:32 PM

Sun, Dec 19, 2021 9:48 AM
posted by jmog

Reading is difficult for you eh? 

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Dec 19, 2021 10:49 AM

Reading is difficult for you eh? 

Apparently it is for you, especially when you are the one that typed it  

Sun, Dec 19, 2021 12:32 PM
posted by jmog

Apparently it is for you, especially when you are the one that typed it  

I understand that. What you don't understand is it has nothing to do with where Californians are moving.  It doesn't even mention them lol. I'm sure in that convoluted trap you call a mind you see it.. but its really not there. I promise.

Sun, Dec 19, 2021 2:02 PM

Nice rant, but do you realize what thread you are posting in?  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Dec 19, 2021 2:07 PM

Probably supports this.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Dec 19, 2021 4:24 PM
posted by like_that

Nice rant, but do you realize what thread you are posting in?  

I don’t believe he does, yet he claims others can’t read. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Dec 20, 2021 2:32 PM

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login