Progressives, part 3...

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Nov 3, 2021 2:33 PM
posted by iclfan2

I find Ja-Smell's comment about "white supremacy" at the bottom comical. Listen to a radio commercial or watch one on TV. The "woke" crowd is catering to every group except Caucasians. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Nov 3, 2021 3:53 PM

I’m not conservative by any means…. But come on lol. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM89eHnyv/

Wed, Nov 3, 2021 3:57 PM

I’ve said this for years now, but it seems like everyone is just looking for a reason to be outraged now lol. That video confirms it for me. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 3, 2021 5:08 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I’m not conservative by any means…. But come on lol. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM89eHnyv/

Please tell us this is fake.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 3, 2021 5:13 PM

Not fake, but it's been floating around for a while.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 3, 2021 5:16 PM
posted by justincredible

Not fake, but it's been floating around for a while.

I could easily be convinced that was a Babylon Bee holiday party.

Not sure what my favorite part is: either calling everyone comrade, or the spirit fingers because clapping/applause triggers people.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Nov 3, 2021 5:46 PM

I’ve said this for years now, but it seems like everyone is just looking for a reason to be outraged now lol. That video confirms it for me. 

That's the essential formula behind nearly every political talking head.  Kind of like sports - only hot takes on why the team sucks or why they're a contender.  No one cares about how it's simply a mediocre team.

I blame social media.  20 years ago they didn't know any like-minded idiots, and the rest of us never heard anything from any of them.  These days, they shit tweet 30 times a day, and their 5 idiot friends retweet it all 50 times each.  All psychopaths with a deep physiological need to irritate other people.

If you could get rid of most of social media, the country would feel a lot less divided.  Definitely be a lot less antifa and BLM riots over justified shootings.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Nov 3, 2021 7:59 PM
posted by gut

I had to turn on CNN just to see how they were dealing with it.  I could only tolerate about 10 minutes.  They spent most of the time fantasizing about how Mcauliffe could still win.  Mostly avoided the big issues voters said why they were voting Republican. 

And to top it off, had a black woman on their panel who was saying "it's this growing anxiety white people have about change".  Bullshit, they're simply tired of everything being made about race.

If only they could have been tired of everything being about race for last 150 years lol what changed ? I really don’t want an answer that just struck my funny. Black people have not wanted to make everything about race for many many years. lol glad you don’t have to experience actual racism that would be hilarious 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 3, 2021 10:24 PM
posted by gut

I had to turn on CNN just to see how they were dealing with it.  I could only tolerate about 10 minutes.  They spent most of the time fantasizing about how Mcauliffe could still win.  Mostly avoided the big issues voters said why they were voting Republican. 

And to top it off, had a black woman on their panel who was saying "it's this growing anxiety white people have about change".  Bullshit, they're simply tired of everything being made about race.

You should have really watched MSNBC it was so bad it was comical  

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 3, 2021 10:28 PM
posted by geeblock

If only they could have been tired of everything being about race for last 150 years lol what changed ? I really don’t want an answer that just struck my funny. Black people have not wanted to make everything about race for many many years. lol glad you don’t have to experience actual racism that would be hilarious 

He is referring to the liberals and the MSM, not blacks people in general.

Hope that helps.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Nov 3, 2021 10:31 PM
posted by geeblock

lol glad you don’t have to experience actual racism that would be hilarious 

What makes you think I haven't experienced racism?  Because I'm white?  Another pretty bigoted take from you.

Thu, Nov 4, 2021 6:08 AM
posted by gut

What makes you think I haven't experienced racism?  Because I'm white?  Another pretty bigoted take from you.

lol dude.. Do we live in the same world? How could a white dude experience racism? When have white dudes ever been the minority? When have white dudes ever been marginalized? Where exactly do you live that this is the case for you? I've been a lot of places in this world and literally nowhere has this been the case. And I mean literally. No one is treating white dudes like shit in this world man lol 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Nov 4, 2021 6:26 AM

lol dude.. Do we live in the same world? How could a white dude experience racism? When have white dudes ever been the minority? When have white dudes ever been marginalized? Where exactly do you live that this is the case for you? I've been a lot of places in this world and literally nowhere has this been the case. And I mean literally. 

Herein lies the problem...

Assume everyone has a cross to bear.  If it's not the color of their skin, perhaps it is a genetic health disorder - maybe a person's in a wheelchair because they were born with cerebral palsy.  Maybe someone is beaten by their spouse at home.  Perhaps a person is unfortunate to have been born extremely ugly and loses opportunity constantly because of that.  What is someone if a New England Yankee living in a backwater town in Mississippi where no one trusts him/her.  What if it's an issue that a person has been the victim of identity theft, had all of their money stolen and lost a job and house as a result.  On and on it goes.

The point is there is no end to this list.   Race happens to be one of the items on it.  You can't control what people think in their mind.  If a white person hates black people, that's what's in his heart.  Saying it is wrong is irrelevant.  Same way with a black person that hates Asians, etc.  Most reasonable people do not have the time or inclination to focus on this.  They will meet someone and get to know them and then form an opinion based upon their individual experience.  Kids do this all the time.  

What holds back progress forward is to constantly focus every topic from a racial perspective - who got elected, what is taught in school, what's shown on TV, etc.  Instead of allowing us to go about our business - to love or hate as we will - we are forced to talk and think incessently about the race of the people around us.  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Nov 4, 2021 6:51 AM

lol dude.. Do we live in the same world? How could a white dude experience racism? When have white dudes ever been the minority? When have white dudes ever been marginalized? Where exactly do you live that this is the case for you? I've been a lot of places in this world and literally nowhere has this been the case. And I mean literally. No one is treating white dudes like shit in this world man lol 

You apparently haven’t been to enough places.

Thu, Nov 4, 2021 8:16 AM
posted by like_that

You apparently haven’t been to enough places.

Ok  fair enough  where have you been that’s made existing tough because you’re a white man? 

Thu, Nov 4, 2021 8:24 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Assume everyone has a cross to bear.  If it's not the color of their skin, perhaps it is a genetic health disorder - maybe a person's in a wheelchair because they were born with cerebral palsy.  Maybe someone is beaten by their spouse at home.  Perhaps a person is unfortunate to have been born extremely ugly and loses opportunity constantly because of that.  What is someone if a New England Yankee living in a backwater town in Mississippi where no one trusts him/her.  What if it's an issue that a person has been the victim of identity theft, had all of their money stolen and lost a job and house as a result.  On and on it goes.

The point is there is no end to this list.   Race happens to be one of the items on it.  You can't control what people think in their mind.  If a white person hates black people, that's what's in his heart.  Saying it is wrong is irrelevant.  Same way with a black person that hates Asians, etc.  Most reasonable people do not have the time or inclination to focus on this.  They will meet someone and get to know them and then form an opinion based upon their individual experience.  Kids do this all the time.  

What holds back progress forward is to constantly focus every topic from a racial perspective - who got elected, what is taught in school, what's shown on TV, etc.  Instead of allowing us to go about our business - to love or hate as we will - we are forced to talk and think incessently about the race of the people around us.  

You’re missing the point homie… it has nothing to do with peoples struggles. Of course everyone has their own struggles. Of course poor white people have it hard too. It’s why Trump won. Bc poor white people are tired of hearing how they have it better than black people. Bc it doesn’t feel like they do. But it has nothing to do with how well off you are or your personal struggles. There’s no denying that across almost the entire world, not just the US, people with black skin are perceived inferior to people with lighter skin.  When you look at business and industry, the statistical rates are undeniable.  No one likes to admit they have a head start in life. That’s why people fight tooth and nail to deny it. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Nov 4, 2021 9:20 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

no one is saying everyone is born with a silver spoon or that everyone hasnt overcome obstacles..but what they are saying is that one of the obstacles is not the color of your skin if you are white.  its not that hard to understand.
QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Nov 4, 2021 9:53 AM

You’re missing the point homie… it has nothing to do with peoples struggles. Of course everyone has their own struggles. Of course poor white people have it hard too. It’s why Trump won. Bc poor white people are tired of hearing how they have it better than black people. Bc it doesn’t feel like they do. But it has nothing to do with how well off you are or your personal struggles. There’s no denying that across almost the entire world, not just the US, people with black skin are perceived inferior to people with lighter skin.  When you look at business and industry, the statistical rates are undeniable.  No one likes to admit they have a head start in life. That’s why people fight tooth and nail to deny it. 

Then why this newfound and incessant denigration of the nation that provides the most opportunity for all in the world? 

Thu, Nov 4, 2021 9:55 AM
posted by geeblock
  its not that hard to understand.

Always have to add in a personal insult to someone trying to share a point of view.  Sounds like 5th grade to me.

Thu, Nov 4, 2021 9:59 AM

I'm not missing anything.  You say "no one likes to admit they have a head start in life".  My point is that you're making just as big a generalization with that as someone who believes a certain race of people is always less capable of something.  

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login