Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 7:16 PM
posted by gut

I understand perfectly well what goes on in the black community, because it's all over the news.

And who said anything about "turning in" a gang banger?  Did the police stop taking anonymous tips and I just had "no idea" that changed?

So now we believe the “media” lol you realize they only publish bad nea

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 7:18 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I don't question that there are people who care - as evidenced by your posts. It doesn't begin to touch the collective outrage over someone being killed by a cop - it's not even close. God bless those that do work to make change. But it is sad that George Floyd has been memorialized by statues, parks and streets. Yet no one can name the countless innocent victims of street violence added to the rolls every week. 

I know you say that one can be outraged at the cops and at gangstas at the same time. But that symbolically equates two things that have almost nothing in common. 

I agree not sure why you continue to bring up gun violence in black communities as some way to deflect the needed police reform. Two completely different issues . Also cops and criminals are two different groups. One is paid to serve and protect and one is a criminal so. Were Italians able to stop mob violence in New York or Chicago? Or did  they just glamorize it in movies. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 7:42 PM
posted by geeblock

I agree not sure why you continue to bring up gun violence in black communities as some way to deflect the needed police reform. Two completely different issues . Also cops and criminals are two different groups. One is paid to serve and protect and one is a criminal so. We’re Italians able to stop mob violence in New York or Chicago? Or did  they just glamorize it in movies. 

I bring it up because it's the giant elephant in the room when the community expresses it's collective outrage at someone killed by a cop.  The protests and riots have been under the banner of "Black Lives Matter", not "Black Lives Ended by Police Matter".  That suggests that the community cares about each and every life taken too soon. Yet there is nowhere near the outrage, uniting, rioting or shouting done on the same widespread level for the innocent black lives squashed out every single day by inner-city violence.  So if the outrage came under the banner of "Black Lives Matter" (meaning all black lives), I don't see how it is a different issue.  Why then do some lives seem to matter more than others?

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 7:51 PM

I bring it up because it's the giant elephant in the room when the community expresses it's collective outrage at someone killed by a cop.  The protests and riots have been under the banner of "Black Lives Matter", not "Black Lives Ended by Police Matter".  That suggests that the community cares about each and every life taken too soon. Yet there is nowhere near the outrage, uniting, rioting or shouting done on the same widespread level for the innocent black lives squashed out every single day by inner-city violence.  So if the outrage came under the banner of "Black Lives Matter" (meaning all black lives), I don't see how it is a different issue.  Why then do some lives seem to matter more than others?

No one thinks that but you I guess is the issue. You have your own ideas and narratives about what things mean and decide what you think is most important and what isn’t important based upon what you see on the news and Facebook. It’s all a matter of perspective. Do you have some number of the levels of murder that would allow you to consider police reform? 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 8:02 PM
posted by geeblock

When you get a lawyer the cops have to provide the probable cause when trial comes which includes your name on the indictment so yes eventually they find out 

I actually agree with this. And it might be because of tv, but why would anyone want to work with the legal system knowing as soon as their name is released their whole family is at risk. I don’t know how you change that part, but it is definitely a huge part of why no one ever sees anything. 

Sat, Jul 10, 2021 8:32 PM
posted by geeblock

No one thinks that but you I guess is the issue. You have your own ideas and narratives about what things mean and decide what you think is most important and what isn’t important based upon what you see on the news and Facebook. It’s all a matter of perspective. Do you have some number of the levels of murder that would allow you to consider police reform? 

I said nothing about police reform not being needed. What is hard for me to understand is why inner city violence does not engender the outrage a person killed by a cop does.  I understand what you say about a cop being an instrument of law, etc. But 40 years of ravenous violent crime has never resulted in the collective outrage that these police shootings do. That makes it very difficult to take the "Black Lives Matter" message seriously - when you can say to the tens of thousands of marchers last summer in downtown Chicago (for example), "Black Lives Matter?  Where were the lot of you just last weekend when 15 of them were ended by gun violence only a few miles from here?". 

I don't have Facebook. 

Sat, Jul 10, 2021 8:35 PM

I'll agree to disagree Geeblock. But I doubt my opinion is unusual or rare. It's a huge perception issue the BLM community has done nothing to change. 

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 8:38 PM

I said nothing about police reform not being needed. What is hard for me to understand is why inner city violence does not engender the outrage a person killed by a cop does.  I understand what you say about a cop being an instrument of law, etc. But 40 years of ravenous violent crime has never resulted in the collective outrage that these police shootings do. That makes it very difficult to take the "Black Lives Matter" message seriously - when you can say to the tens of thousands of marchers last summer in downtown Chicago (for example), "Black Lives Matter?  Where were the lot of you just last weekend when 15 of them were ended by gun violence only a few miles from here?". 

I don't have Facebook. 

Why should it? You still haven’t explained this? 

Sat, Jul 10, 2021 8:46 PM
posted by geeblock

I've explained as well as I can. Sorry if we miss. 

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 8:48 PM

In my thinking, an Anonymous Tipster doesn't leave a name.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 10:02 PM

I'll agree to disagree Geeblock. But I doubt my opinion is unusual or rare. It's a huge perception issue the BLM community has done nothing to change. 

Because people have finally woken up to see it’s just more Marxist bullshit. BLM, teachers unions, “scientists”, different subjects pushing the same beliefs.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 10:12 PM

https://notthebee.com/article/over-5000-teachers-have-signed-a-pledge-that-they-will-teach-crt-where-banned-by-law

But Ptown said we don't have to worry about CRT. 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 1:01 AM
posted by Gardens35

In my thinking, an Anonymous Tipster doesn't leave a name.

The great thing about our country is u get to face ur accuser 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 1:02 AM
posted by superman

https://notthebee.com/article/over-5000-teachers-have-signed-a-pledge-that-they-will-teach-crt-where-banned-by-law

But Ptown said we don't have to worry about CRT. 

Lol what is the worst that could happen .. super funny 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 8:51 AM
posted by geeblock

The great thing about our country is u get to face ur accuser 

And when a tip is given anonymously, the state is the accuser. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 9:19 AM
posted by geeblock

I agree not sure why you continue to bring up gun violence in black communities as some way to deflect the needed police reform. Two completely different issues . Also cops and criminals are two different groups. One is paid to serve and protect and one is a criminal so. Were Italians able to stop mob violence in New York or Chicago? Or did  they just glamorize it in movies. 

And you think gang violence isn’t glamorized? 

If you don’t you have never heard a rap song and have missed MANY movies.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 9:22 AM
posted by geeblock

No, the black community in general has decided whose lives mattered more by the level of outrage.

They burn down cities over Floyd yet only some Facebook meet ups over inner city violence.

You have to see the difference. 

THAT is what Dr B is talking about.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 9:33 AM
posted by geeblock

Because it is a FAR bigger problem for black people than police brutality.

The statistics proves this, police kill unarmed white people at higher rates than blacks (as a percent of police interactions). There was something like 18 unarmed blacks shoot in 2020 by police. 

Last year there were roughly 9000 blacks murdered in inner cities.

The collective outrage of less than 20 vs 9000 is unexplainable really. 

That’s his point that you really keep ignoring.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 9:35 AM
posted by geeblock

Lol what is the worst that could happen .. super funny 

Black kids hate white kids because of what is taught.

I thought that was rather obvious.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 10:04 AM
posted by geeblock

When you get a lawyer the cops have to provide the probable cause when trial comes which includes your name on the indictment so yes eventually they find out 

Nice deflection.  Are you an actual idiot, or just pretending not to understand what "anonymous tip" means?

Reading your comments in this thread [and others] - you have a rather low opinion of the intellect of the black community.  If I didn't know you were black I would have guessed you were a white supremacist.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login