Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 11:32 AM
posted by gut

Nice deflection.  Are you an actual idiot, or just pretending not to understand what "anonymous tip" means?

Reading your comments in this thread [and others] - you have a rather low opinion of the intellect of the black community.  If I didn't know you were black I would have guessed you were a white supremacist.

Lol anonymous tip works until you have to go to court 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 11:35 AM
posted by jmog

No, the black community in general has decided whose lives mattered more by the level of outrage.

They burn down cities over Floyd yet only some Facebook meet ups over inner city violence.

You have to see the difference. 

THAT is what Dr B is talking about.

Yea I guess there were no white people there burning stuff, just black people. Jesus 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 11:39 AM
posted by jmog

Because it is a FAR bigger problem for black people than police brutality.

The statistics proves this, police kill unarmed white people at higher rates than blacks (as a percent of police interactions). There was something like 18 unarmed blacks shoot in 2020 by police. 

Last year there were roughly 9000 blacks murdered in inner cities.

The collective outrage of less than 20 vs 9000 is unexplainable really. 

That’s his point that you really keep ignoring.

I’m not ignoring it, it is a huge problem. But like I said you only bring it up when the conversation comes to police reform. That’s literally the only time. It’s like no one cares about veterans, but as soon as someone says hey let’s help the homeless, people start shouting what about the veterans? But really they don’t care about veterans just like you don’t care about 9000 black people dying. Did you have a number in mind of murders before black people are able to complain about the police? 1000? 500? The protests are about way more than just the deaths by police, not sure why you can’t see that

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 2:31 PM
posted by gut

Nice deflection.  Are you an actual idiot, or just pretending not to understand what "anonymous tip" means?

Reading your comments in this thread [and others] - you have a rather low opinion of the intellect of the black community.  If I didn't know you were black I would have guessed you were a white supremacist.

Isn’t that most of liberals arguments about voting? Blacks are too dumb to get an id, register to vote, or figure out where to vote, etc? I believe Biden had said similar things numerous times. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 6:18 PM
posted by geeblock

Yea I guess there were no white people there burning stuff, just black people. Jesus 

Nice deflection once again. Once someone basically proves you wrong you take one point of the post and twist it to something they didn’t actually say.

Don’t be that dumb.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 6:20 PM
posted by geeblock

I’m not ignoring it, it is a huge problem. But like I said you only bring it up when the conversation comes to police reform. That’s literally the only time. It’s like no one cares about veterans, but as soon as someone says hey let’s help the homeless, people start shouting what about the veterans? But really they don’t care about veterans just like you don’t care about 9000 black people dying. Did you have a number in mind of murders before black people are able to complain about the police? 1000? 500? The protests are about way more than just the deaths by police, not sure why you can’t see that

You are ignoring his point, and comparatively black people in general are ignoring it all together (compared to their outrage over the statistically minuscule police violence).

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 6:31 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol anonymous tip works until you have to go to court 

So I see you robbing a store clerk at gunpoint. I call the police to report what I am seeing. I decline to give my name. The police respond, see what I see, then arrest you as you walk out of the store.

That anonymous tip wont work in court?

geeblock Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 9:18 PM
posted by Gardens35

So I see you robbing a store clerk at gunpoint. I call the police to report what I am seeing. I decline to give my name. The police respond, see what I see, then arrest you as you walk out of the store.

That anonymous tip wont work in court?

Lol you are actually dumb 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 9:19 PM
posted by jmog

You are ignoring his point, and comparatively black people in general are ignoring it all together (compared to their outrage over the statistically minuscule police violence).

Again that’s just made up but Ok 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 9:25 PM
posted by jmog

Nice deflection once again. Once someone basically proves you wrong you take one point of the post and twist it to something they didn’t actually say.

Don’t be that dumb.

Learned from you 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 9:29 PM
posted by jmog

Just shows how out of  

Touch you are with reality. You only hear about the stories that make the news.   

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 9:39 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol you are actually dumb 

You're deep into stupid. Stick with the easy stuff...vigils, picnics, and basketball.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 10:12 PM
posted by geeblock

Again that’s just made up but Ok 

Maybe you didn’t read my post or didn’t understand what I said.  

Comparatively the black community doesn’t care about inner city violence.

What that means is that they/BLM burn cities down to the ground across the nation over Floyd and about 7 or 8 unjustified police killings of blacks each year. 

Yet they have FB meet ups over inner city violence killing literally 1000s of blacks each year.

If you don’t understand the vast difference in proportional reaction then you are not paying attention to what ANY of us are actually typing.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 10:14 PM
posted by geeblock

Learned from you 

Your argument is really the 1st grade “I’m rubber your glue” defense?

Well, that’s about the level of arguments we usually get from you so that makes sense.

jmog Senior Member
Sun, Jul 11, 2021 10:14 PM
posted by geeblock

Just shows how out of  

Touch you are with reality. You only hear about the stories that make the news.   

100% false, unless you are trying to tell me cities burned to the ground over inner city violence and that didn’t make the news?

Don’t be that dumb.

geeblock Member
Mon, Jul 12, 2021 11:33 AM
posted by jmog

Maybe you didn’t read my post or didn’t understand what I said.  

Comparatively the black community doesn’t care about inner city violence.

What that means is that they/BLM burn cities down to the ground across the nation over Floyd and about 7 or 8 unjustified police killings of blacks each year. 

Yet they have FB meet ups over inner city violence killing literally 1000s of blacks each year.

If you don’t understand the vast difference in proportional reaction then you are not paying attention to what ANY of us are actually typing.

I get exactly what you are saying. You are coming up with reason after reason why we shouldnt hold police accountable and have some reform. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jul 12, 2021 1:15 PM
posted by geeblock

I get exactly what you are saying. You are coming up with reason after reason why we shouldnt hold police accountable and have some reform. 

I don't know about jmog, but that wasn't my point at all.  It's not a zero sum game.  I understand the desire and need for police reform.  But the outrage that has been directed toward that goal - and has often morphed into a message that our entire society is systematically racist - has been far, far greater and louder than the collective noise directing urgent action needed to stop street killings of black citizens.  It is difficult to take the message "Black Lives Matter" to the black community seriously when it is shouted from the mountaintops after a black person is killed by a cop, but not even whispered when a 5 year old is gunned down on the south side of Chicago.  I think this is one of the defects of the movement toward police reform coming from the black community.  It's not that police reform isn't a worthy effort.  It's that the need for police reform is delivered in a message that "we value the each of the lives of our community" in a highly visible way, while at the same time, no message of comparison is delivered about street violence.  It makes it hard to believe that the group saying "all of our lives matter" is really serious about what it is saying.

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jul 12, 2021 1:45 PM
posted by geeblock

You obviously can't, or choose not to read.

No one said don't hold police accountable when they are in the wrong.

Not one single f'ing person said that (not even spock or QO as far as I remember). So don't spout that level of BS.

I was on here REPEATEDLY the DAY it happened saying that George Floyd was murdered as after taking BJJ for years understood blood vs air chokes and how air chokes, like knee on neck of a "bigger" person, can only be used to subdue for short (less than 4 min) periods of time. 

So don't pull that kind of horse crap.

Actually read and understand. No one said what you just accused me of saying. No one on this board.

Now, come back to reality, and understand that holding people accountable is a FAR CRY from burning and looting every major city across the country. 

Don't be that stupid Geeblock, I am talking about the violent response across the nation burning cities and looting cities in every city vs FB meet ups to discuss inner city gun violence.

You are saying because I can see the VASTLY different response that I am excusing police violence which quite frankly is a stupid take on the post. 

Don't be that stupid and I won't call you stupid. You know that was a stupid take, no way you didn't.

geeblock Member
Mon, Jul 12, 2021 1:47 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I don't know about jmog, but that wasn't my point at all.  It's not a zero sum game.  I understand the desire and need for police reform.  But the outrage that has been directed toward that goal - and has often morphed into a message that our entire society is systematically racist - has been far, far greater and louder than the collective noise directing urgent action needed to stop street killings of black citizens.  It is difficult to take the message "Black Lives Matter" to the black community seriously when it is shouted from the mountaintops after a black person is killed by a cop, but not even whispered when a 5 year old is gunned down on the south side of Chicago.  I think this is one of the defects of the movement toward police reform coming from the black community.  It's not that police reform isn't a worthy effort.  It's that the need for police reform is delivered in a message that "we value the each of the lives of our community" in a highly visible way, while at the same time, no message of comparison is delivered about street violence.  It makes it hard to believe that the group saying "all of our lives matter" is really serious about what it is saying.

The only time street violence is ever mentioned is in response to someone questioning police/brutality. It’s literally the only time. As in your answer, “I get the need for police reform, BUT” there is always a but involved and it’s usually “what about Chicago?” Or something similar. That is my point. One thing shouldn’t negate the other. As you said and I agree, it’s not a zero sum game. 

jmog Senior Member
Mon, Jul 12, 2021 1:48 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Exactly, although you were much nicer in your response.

I just got tired of Geeblock's bull shit that he knows is bull shit.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login