Progressives, part 3...

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 1:56 PM

Okay then let’s hear who started defund the police and actually did it. Now crime is soaring so blame it on the other side. 

Look at the murder stats in Columbus at the mid point of the year it was close to 100 murders with over 80% being black victims. Over 80% of individuals arrested for those murders also black. 

Defunding the police was a disaster just as everyone knew it would be. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 2:18 PM
posted by sportchampps

Okay then let’s hear who started defund the police and actually did it. Now crime is soaring so blame it on the other side. 

Look at the murder stats in Columbus at the mid point of the year it was close to 100 murders with over 80% being black victims. Over 80% of individuals arrested for those murders also black. 

If I remember correctly and I could be wrong the police got their funding? I know it was threatened, but I’m not sure if it ever happened but I’ll be honest I haven’t been following it. I know they brought in a full class of recruits which was a point of contention, but I’m pretty sure they never defunded the  police in Columbus 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 3:33 PM
posted by sportchampps

Police funding doesn't have anything to do with the increase in all of the black crime. We need more picnics and basketball games.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 3:51 PM

posted by QuakerOats

.....as if the police are not abused, every, single, day.

But keep blaming others for the lack of respect and civility among a large swath of bums.

Some number of cops are abused in some way, small or large, every day.

Not the same as saying "the police are abused", which is nonsense.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 4:17 PM
posted by geeblock

If I remember correctly and I could be wrong the police got their funding? I know it was threatened, but I’m not sure if it ever happened but I’ll be honest I haven’t been following it. I know they brought in a full class of recruits which was a point of contention, but I’m pretty sure they never defunded the  police in Columbus 

Not only has funding been cut, but a hugely significant number of police retirements and resignations has occurred.  Add to that the  asinine policies and big city prosecutors turning a blind eye to crime, and the recipe for disaster is staring you in the face. 

No one should be surprised by what is occurring. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 4:25 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Not only has funding been cut, but a hugely significant number of police retirements and resignations has occurred.  Add to that the  asinine policies and big city prosecutors turning a blind eye to crime, and the recipe for disaster is staring you in the face. 

No one should be surprised by what is occurring. 

Not saying it’s not true but is there a link? I looked and didn’t see it anywhere. I saw where about 15 million was moved from the police budget to public safety budget and salary budget was down due to the attrition you mentioned, but all I could find was 361 mil in 2019 to 337 mil in 2020. Looks like a very similar budget 

Al Bundy Senior Member
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 4:49 PM
posted by geeblock

Not saying it’s not true but is there a link? I looked and didn’t see it anywhere. I saw where about 15 million was moved from the police budget to public safety budget and salary budget was down due to the attrition you mentioned, but all I could find was 361 mil in 2019 to 337 mil in 2020. Looks like a very similar budget 

Assuming that your numbers are correct, a 7% reduction is significant.

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 4:56 PM
posted by Al Bundy

Assuming that your numbers are correct, a 7% reduction is significant.

I should have been more clear  the 15 million was in civilian salaries being paid by the police fund. Those people are still working it now paid through public safety fund. The only thing I could find that showed a reduction was for a time the police were refusing to work overtime but I’m not sure how long that lasted or if it is still happening . 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 13, 2021 8:09 PM

It's not necessarily police funding it's decreasing police interactions and presence especially in high crime areas.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 9:41 AM

Back to pretending that voting laws expanding time for votes, and more early voting but that require an ID or only the last 4 of your social are “the most egregious attempts to harm the integrity of our democracy since the Civil War".  These people aren’t serious.

Oh and the party that loves open borders has told Cubans that even if they are fleeing persecution and take to the sea, they can’t stay in the US. 

Sorry for interrupting the police and crime talk.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 11:08 AM
posted by iclfan2

Back to pretending that voting laws expanding time for votes, and more early voting but that require an ID or only the last 4 of your social are “the most egregious attempts to harm the integrity of our democracy since the Civil War".  These people aren’t serious.

Oh and the party that loves open borders has told Cubans that even if they are fleeing persecution and take to the sea, they can’t stay in the US. 

Sorry for interrupting the police and crime talk.

The liberal left is opposed to security --  in your neighborhood, in your city, in your elections.  The only security they like is their bodyguards and around their office (Capitol).  

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 3:43 PM

I'm sorry, what? 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 3:56 PM
posted by justincredible

I'm sorry, what? 

He claims to be Antifa, but that seems like a rather strong pro-fascist take.

Starting to think "Antifa" was ironically named and I'm only now getting the joke.

Wed, Jul 14, 2021 4:12 PM

It literally means anti-fascist. The only way you can be opposed to antifa is to be a fascist. 

This is their argument. They are not smart people.

Al Bundy Senior Member
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 4:28 PM
posted by justincredible

I'm sorry, what? 

They should ban the sale of trucks to women who can not correctly park them in a parking lot.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 4:35 PM

It's so asinine.  A Civic or Corolla doesn't have near enough horsepower to plow thru a crowd of Antifa protestors.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 15, 2021 6:56 AM
posted by Al Bundy

They should ban the sale of trucks to women who can not correctly park them in a parking lot.

Definitely no trucks for Asian women…

Fri, Jul 16, 2021 9:35 AM

Interesting wording he used here.

Republicans = confederacy.

Democrats = their own country.

geeblock Member
Fri, Jul 16, 2021 12:10 PM
geeblock Member