Progressives, part 3...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 9, 2021 3:11 PM

I feel like I’ve heard police say that they get stolen out of cars a lot too. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 247 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 9, 2021 3:19 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

There seems to be a decent amount of break-ins at gun stores. There was one in Enon, Ohio where the crooks stole a truck and drove it into the building. Have seen stories about others.

This happened in Newark last year, I think. Literally smashed a vehicle into the building and then took off with a bunch of inventory. Not sure how you can hold the store responsible for something like that.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 2:28 PM

Fox had a mother of a kid that got shot recently.  She said "no, we don't want more police, we want more detectives to solve these crimes and bring people to justice....I don't want more cops - I'm scared to death of my other kid getting killed by police".

It's hard to believe that people actually are afraid of getting killed by cops.  But that's the danger of false narratives.  Not that different, actually, from claiming an election got stolen.  But the left owns this mess, and until the media starts covering this stuff honestly and objectively this is what people will believe.

Sat, Jul 10, 2021 2:44 PM
posted by gut

Fox had a mother of a kid that got shot recently.  She said "no, we don't want more police, we want more detectives to solve these crimes and bring people to justice....I don't want more cops - I'm scared to death of my other kid getting killed by police".

It's hard to believe that people actually are afraid of getting killed by cops.  But that's the danger of false narratives.  Not that different, actually, from claiming an election got stolen.  But the left owns this mess, and until the media starts covering this stuff honestly and objectively this is what people will believe.

It’s simply asinine. Also, when are we going to start talking about the under incarceration issue in this country? I’m not talking drugs, there are violent criminals getting put back out on the streets all the time. And guess what, they commit crimes again. Shocking, I know. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 2:48 PM
posted by gut

You think black people are scared of the police because of the media? Or the left? Lol you really don’t know any black people and definitely haven’t been in the hood. Black people have been scared since the inception of police, there just wasn’t video or anyone who would listen or cared. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 2:48 PM
posted by gut

Her community takes no collective ownership of the problem of violence in the streets. "killed by police" is a deflection from the main danger faced.  Regardless of BLM slogans, the actions of her community show lives matter very little unless ended (even justifiably) by a white cop.

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 2:54 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Her community takes no collective ownership of the problem of violence in the streets. "killed by police" is a deflection from the main danger faced.  Regardless of BLM slogans, the actions of her community show lives matter very little unless ended (even justifiably) by a white cop.

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 2:55 PM

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 2:55 PM

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 2:56 PM

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 2:58 PM

I could keep going but you get the picture. You literally have no idea what goes on in the black community or how they feel about gun violence. You can be scared of gangs and the police. You can’t just turn in the gang banger so easily when you have to live next door to them and can’t afford to move. 

geeblock Member
geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 3:10 PM

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 3:11 PM

Sat, Jul 10, 2021 4:22 PM

Cool posts Gblock. I’m glad some people care. Fact remains they’re a million times more likely to be killed by their community than the cops. Unarmed blacks killed by police are slim, and even then some are warranted. Instead of fear mongering maybe they should go with reality.

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 4:40 PM
posted by geeblock

I could keep going but you get the picture. You literally have no idea what goes on in the black community or how they feel about gun violence. You can be scared of gangs and the police. You can’t just turn in the gang banger so easily when you have to live next door to them and can’t afford to move. 

Like you said, no one in the community is willing to stop the real problem.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 5:26 PM
posted by geeblock

I don't question that there are people who care - as evidenced by your posts. It doesn't begin to touch the collective outrage over someone being killed by a cop - it's not even close. God bless those that do work to make change. But it is sad that George Floyd has been memorialized by statues, parks and streets. Yet no one can name the countless innocent victims of street violence added to the rolls every week. 

I know you say that one can be outraged at the cops and at gangstas at the same time. But that symbolically equates two things that have almost nothing in common. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 6:00 PM
posted by geeblock

You think black people are scared of the police because of the media? Or the left? Lol you really don’t know any black people and definitely haven’t been in the hood. Black people have been scared since the inception of police, there just wasn’t video or anyone who would listen or cared. 

The facts don't support it.  I'm well aware that black people are afraid of the police.  Doesn't make it any less surprising or irrational.  I was talking to a friend about how many times I've sped past police doing 80 and nothing....he said "I have some theories on that".  And I said "you really think the cop could tell if I was black or white thru tinted windows doing 80?".  That ended that discussion.

And, yes, the media share much of the blame.  It's their duty to dispel false narratives, but they are pretty selective in that regard.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 6:04 PM
posted by geeblock

I understand perfectly well what goes on in the black community, because it's all over the news.

And who said anything about "turning in" a gang banger?  Did the police stop taking anonymous tips and I just had "no idea" that changed?

geeblock Member
Sat, Jul 10, 2021 7:15 PM
posted by gut

I understand perfectly well what goes on in the black community, because it's all over the news.

And who said anything about "turning in" a gang banger?  Did the police stop taking anonymous tips and I just had "no idea" that changed?

When you get a lawyer the cops have to provide the probable cause when trial comes which includes your name on the indictment so yes eventually they find out 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login