Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Jun 15, 2021 2:08 PM
posted by jmog

Did I not see you say CRT was “accurate history” earlier on this thread?

No 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 15, 2021 5:30 PM

Well this is going as expected.

A few more questions I have that have not been addressed.

1. For local schools, not colleges, is CRT being taught? 

2. If so, to who? Meaning which grades? High school or earlier?

3. Is the CRT being taught in a history class or a more social studies class? Is it replacing actual history, or more adding to it? 

History should be taught as facts and figures, and then there should be added context to explain why things happened. For example, take a historical event, Pearl Harbor. History 101 or in high school will give you the facts and figures on the day. Then, you can add to it, looking at first hand sources of both sides of the event. You then can start to examine the why, so why did Japan attack, and why was the US so blind? 

I remember learning basic history in early high school and then addressing those more indepth questions in social studies in later high school. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Jun 15, 2021 6:56 PM

Can someone post the CRT curriculum and standards for me so I can wrap my head around the learning objectives?

Tue, Jun 15, 2021 7:38 PM
posted by Spock

Can someone post the CRT curriculum and standards for me so I can wrap my head around the learning objectives?

Hey,  agreed! 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 16, 2021 12:35 PM
posted by Spock

Oh, this should be good!
QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 16, 2021 1:24 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Well this is going as expected.

A few more questions I have that have not been addressed.

1. For local schools, not colleges, is CRT being taught? 

2. If so, to who? Meaning which grades? High school or earlier?

3. Is the CRT being taught in a history class or a more social studies class? Is it replacing actual history, or more adding to it? 

History should be taught as facts and figures, and then there should be added context to explain why things happened. For example, take a historical event, Pearl Harbor. History 101 or in high school will give you the facts and figures on the day. Then, you can add to it, looking at first hand sources of both sides of the event. You then can start to examine the why, so why did Japan attack, and why was the US so blind? 

I remember learning basic history in early high school and then addressing those more indepth questions in social studies in later high school. 

You continue to ask the board to do your due diligence for you.  

Wed, Jun 16, 2021 1:57 PM
posted by QuakerOats

You continue to ask the board to do your due diligence for you.  

Yet the articles you post do not answer or even address those questions. I have yet to see any articles or news stories that dive into the mechanics of how CRT would work in grade or high school in the specific school districts where parents are complaining. 

For example, in FL or TX, do any grade or high schools actually teach CRT? I have not seen that referenced in any articles. 

I also think the question of is this replacing history or more social studies is important as well. 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 16, 2021 9:34 PM

Yet the articles you post do not answer or even address those questions. I have yet to see any articles or news stories that dive into the mechanics of how CRT would work in grade or high school in the specific school districts where parents are complaining. 

For example, in FL or TX, do any grade or high schools actually teach CRT? I have not seen that referenced in any articles. 

I also think the question of is this replacing history or more social studies is important as well. 

So are you saying these parents should wait until their children are indoctrinated before complaining? Are you familiar with the idea of being proactive? 

Thu, Jun 17, 2021 7:24 AM
posted by superman

So are you saying these parents should wait until their children are indoctrinated before complaining? Are you familiar with the idea of being proactive? 

It is one thing to inquire to see what CRT is and how it will be taught. It is another to yell and scream at a school board demanding changes when you have not determined if the thing is even happening. 

Again, it has a very, sir this is Wendy's vibe. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, Jun 17, 2021 7:34 AM

It is one thing to inquire to see what CRT is and how it will be taught. It is another to yell and scream at a school board demanding changes when you have not determined if the thing is even happening. 

Only the left can yell and scream about stuff.  

Thu, Jun 17, 2021 7:51 AM
posted by Fletch

Only the left can yell and scream about stuff.  

Never said they could...not sure why you bring that up. 

geeblock Member
QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Jun 17, 2021 5:18 PM

It was a teacher himself, in Loudoun Co, VA, that said to hell with this BS, and he wasn't/isn't alone. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Jun 17, 2021 6:57 PM
posted by QuakerOats

It was a teacher himself, in Loudoun Co, VA, that said to hell with this BS, and he wasn't/isn't alone. 

You mean the Gym teacher or is there an actual teacher? Link? 

Thu, Jun 17, 2021 6:59 PM
posted by QuakerOats

https://amac.us/critical-race-theory-seven-hard-truths/

Nothing in that article states it is currently or being proposed to be taught in high school or earlier. 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 17, 2021 10:44 PM

If you dont think rogue teachers are teaching CRT and enforcing their beliefs on others then I think you would agree that all cops are always right 

If you don’t pass laws then these rogue teachers are protected by the Union just as racist cops are protected by their union

Fri, Jun 18, 2021 7:45 AM
posted by sportchampps

If you dont think rogue teachers are teaching CRT and enforcing their beliefs on others then I think you would agree that all cops are always right 

If you don’t pass laws then these rogue teachers are protected by the Union just as racist cops are protected by their union

Boy, that is some logic right there. Assuming without evidence. I could go the other way and say you don't think rogue teachers are teaching their own religious beliefs that may include a very conservative Christian doctrine and teaching from the Bible?

Also, if you don't pass a law then X will happen or X will be protected. Can't I say the same thing about gun control or any other liberal policy? 

What is the saying about assuming, makes an ass out of you and me. 

geeblock Member
Fri, Jun 18, 2021 9:52 AM
posted by QuakerOats

geeblock Member
Fri, Jun 18, 2021 9:58 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login