Progressives, part 3...

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 11, 2021 5:08 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I don't support or oppose it because I have no idea how it is being implementing in any of these schools. What exactly in these districts is being taught/ changed? I have no idea. Excuse me for asking questions and not buying Fox News bullshit. 

Do you know any of this? 

It just sounds like Fox News is like 1619=CRT=liberals=bad. 

It is not Fox News bullshit.  It IS real people, real parents, making their concerns heard in a public setting against school board members that  they believe have essentially lost their minds in all the woke horseshit being peddled and forced upon their kids.  It is also teachers standing  up to the same bullshit.

It is grassroots in action, and in this case it  is real Americans pushing back on the cultural Marxists that have infiltrated academia.

Great to see; hope it is not too late. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 11, 2021 5:16 PM
posted by QuakerOats

It is not Fox News bullshit.  It IS real people, real parents, making their concerns heard in a public setting against school board members that  they believe have essentially lost their minds in all the woke horseshit being peddled and forced upon their kids.  It is also teachers standing  up to the same bullshit.

It is grassroots in action, and in this case it  is real Americans pushing back on the cultural Marxists that have infiltrated academia.

Great to see; hope it is not too late. 

Question: Are any of these school districts actually proposing teaching CRT? If so, what does that entail? 

This all has a very, sir this is Wendy's vibe. People just complaining when there is nothing there. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 11, 2021 5:20 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Question: Are any of these school districts actually proposing teaching CRT? If so, what does that entail? 

States and school boards are just banning it for no reason? Here’s a thread for you. And you know what CRT is, quit playing dumb. It basically says all of history is due to white people being inherently racist. You also know the 1619 project has been proven to be mostly false trash. And yea, the people pushing it, white liberals mainly (not blacks), are the same people pushing other Cultural Marxism ideas so yea, it’s ok to lump it all together as trash. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Jun 11, 2021 5:26 PM

Let’s not confuse crt with teaching accurate history 

geeblock Member
Fri, Jun 11, 2021 5:27 PM
posted by iclfan2

States and school boards are just banning it for no reason? Here’s a thread for you. And you know what CRT is, quit playing dumb. It basically says all of history is due to white people being inherently racist. You also know the 1619 project has been proven to be mostly false trash. And yea, the people pushing it, white liberals mainly (not blacks), are the same people pushing other Cultural Marxism ideas so yea, it’s ok to lump it all together as trash. 

May I ask where you learned about crt? And what is your definition? I don’t think you have any clue what it actually is. 

geeblock Member
Fri, Jun 11, 2021 5:32 PM
posted by iclfan2

Yes they are trying to ban it for no reason. Because it’s not even being taught . I can see why you want to cover up history tho.. much in the same way you go to church on Sunday and teach that in the Middle East 2000 years ago there was a white dude named Jesus with some followers named Matthew, luke and paul ect. I’m sure it makes u uncomfortable to hear real history so throw around  a bunch of big words like Marxism and other Mumbi jumbo that just simply isn’t true. The definition of crt in this quote by you simply isn’t tr

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 11, 2021 5:36 PM
posted by iclfan2

Oh yes, a Twitter thread from a right wing guy explains it all for me. Thanks. 

My question is specifically for these school districts like the ones in the Fox News articles, are they switching over to CRT? If so, how so and when? 

Also, what are local teachers unions view on this? 

Look. I have a degree in 20th century history. I know what it and the 1619 projects are.  This whole debate feels hollow as shit as I have yet to see actual school district and teachers view in what the hell these people are talking about. I also have yet to see how this translates to the classroom. 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 11, 2021 6:37 PM

If teachers/districts are teaching topics (whether it be crt or anything else) which are not in the state standards for their discipline, then they are not doing their job. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Jun 12, 2021 2:36 AM
posted by geeblock

Let’s not confuse crt with teaching accurate history 

I have to agree with you, considering that a lot of people (you, for example) don’t know the purpose of the electoral college, the 2nd amendment, that FDR was actually a piece of shit, etc. 

Yes, let’s teach some accurate history. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 12, 2021 9:01 PM
posted by like_that

I have to agree with you, considering that a lot of people (you, for example) don’t know the purpose of the electoral college, the 2nd amendment, that FDR was actually a piece of shit, etc. 

Yes, let’s teach some accurate history. 

The truth hurts...

And for the record CRT is about as opposite as “accurate history” as those that deny the Holocaust.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 13, 2021 1:42 PM

Black woman and mother on CRT. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdFXvH5G/

Sun, Jun 13, 2021 2:52 PM
posted by jmog

She’s obviously wrong. White liberals know what is better for black people than themselves. 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jun 13, 2021 4:46 PM
posted by jmog

Lol Quaker already posted this. But thanks for showing that you, Quaker and this woman both don’t understand what crt is. Or if you do you are being dishonest. 

Whether you agree with it or not, this isn’t even close to what it is. Stop fear mongering and making up fake issues. You can’t find a school that is teaching crt. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jun 13, 2021 4:55 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol Quaker already posted this. But thanks for showing that you, Quaker and this woman both don’t understand what crt is. Or if you do you are being dishonest. 

Whether you agree with it or not, this isn’t even close to what it is. Stop fear mongering and making up fake issues. You can’t find a school that is teaching crt. 

It's the latest flavor of the week.  It is being talked about by everyone right now because it's being pushed by idealogues.  Nevermind that 99.99% of schools are doing nothing of the sort.  Social media can always find an exception and enrage everyone.  While everyone's up in arms over this "important" issue, our government can continue to deflate our money, obligate us to foreign entaglements in the middle east and allow us to lose big via trade "sanctions" in the name of patriotism.  Let's keep our eye on the ball.  

Sun, Jun 13, 2021 5:31 PM
posted by geeblock

There are plenty of examples I already posted. But I’d love to hear what you think the definition of CRT is, knowing you’ve never been right about anything, ever. Can’t wait to hear what Rupar and Nasheed have to say. 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jun 13, 2021 5:33 PM
posted by iclfan2

There are plenty of examples I already posted. But I’d love to hear what you think the definition of CRT is, knowing you’ve never been right about anything, ever. Can’t wait to hear what Rupar and Nasheed have to say. 

Please repost I missed it haven’t been on in a while 

The definition certainly isn’t the quote used by this woman posted in this tik tok video so idk what to tell you 

geeblock Member
Sun, Jun 13, 2021 5:39 PM
posted by geeblock

May I ask where you learned about crt? And what is your definition? I don’t think you have any clue what it actually is. 

I actually asked you days ago 

Sun, Jun 13, 2021 5:54 PM
posted by geeblock

I actually asked you days ago 

Yea, I saw. And like I said before, it boils down to white people being racist. Maybe just teach actual history instead of trying to segregate people into oppressed and oppressors. You probably support the 1619 project…

And I learned about it from the people tired of white liberals tards telling other people how to live and think.

geeblock Member
Sun, Jun 13, 2021 5:58 PM
posted by iclfan2

Yea, I saw. And like I said before, it boils down to white people being racist. Maybe just teach actual history instead of trying to segregate people into oppressed and oppressors. You probably support the 1619 project…

And I learned about it from the people tired of white liberals tards telling other people how to live and think.

Oh lol ok that sounds legit. Can you repost the schools teaching crt ?

Sun, Jun 13, 2021 6:00 PM
posted by geeblock

Oh lol ok that sounds legit. Can you repost the schools teaching crt ?

Can you tell me your definition of CRT? And do you support the 1619 project?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login