Progressives, part 3...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 4:46 PM
posted by gut

What's so difficult to understand police officers are more likely to be shot by blacks?  Wouldn't that make those encounters more dangerous for police?

I'd link the study if I could find it, but you've never shown an interest in accurate facts on this issue.  Your false narratives are like a religion for you.

According to fbi data Most cops are killed by whites 

Thai is 2019 fbi data 

geeblock Member
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 4:47 PM

47 million blacks and less than  5000 murderers 

geeblock Member
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 4:54 PM

I posted this last year when we had this discussion 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 4:56 PM
posted by geeblock

Thai is 2019 fbi data

And cops kill almost twice as many white people as blacks.  No idea why White Lives Matter isn't burning everything down.

Are you really this obtuse, or do you always make such intellectually dishonest arguments?

geeblock Member
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 5:06 PM
posted by gut

And cops kill almost twice as many white people as blacks.  No idea why White Lives Matter isn't burning everything down.

Are you really this obtuse, or do you always make such intellectually dishonest arguments?

I’m glad your not a cop lol but I don’t think you see the argument I’m making I think you are just having the argument you want to have 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 5:50 PM
posted by geeblock

Just trying to figure out why blacks are seen as more dangerous when the data doesn’t support it 

Despite being 13% of the population, black males commit over 50% of murders. 

Hope this helps. 

superman Senior Member
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 5:53 PM
posted by geeblock

Thai is 2019 fbi data 

The photo you posted is showing the race of the officers that were murdered unless I'm reading something wrong. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:01 PM
posted by superman

The photo you posted is showing the race of the officers that were murdered unless I'm reading something wrong. 

You are right I posted the wrong section sorry 

geeblock Member
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:09 PM
posted by superman

Hope this helps. 

This is precisely the narrative we are discussing so that is why I posted Ten posts of other ways to look at that same data. You are actually making the point I was trying to make. Blacks are seen as more dangerous because this is the statistics that is pushed, but if u actually look at how that applies to the whole population, most black people don’t commit murders. 4700/47,000,000. My contention was that the difference in crime rate between blacks and whites and between people of similar economic status, isn’t large enough to account for the disparity in people being killed by police. 

Most of the people we have been discussing over the last 5 years on this site had no weapon and were targeted for very minor offenses, cigarettes, jaywalking, selling cd,s hoodies, were not talking about hardened murderers. 

However by bringing up that statistic you are basically Saying that police should be racially profiling black people as murderers, which I think we can see happening. That was the discussion that I was trying to have 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:12 PM
posted by superman

Hope this helps. 

13% is for all blacks. Black males are about half of that.

geeblock Member
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:12 PM

You can’t say racially motivated policing doesn’t exist and then the very next line say. “Well black people commit 50% of the murders” by saying that you are saying that is the reason they are being profiled, while also saying they aren’t being profiled. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:47 PM
posted by Al Bundy

13% is for all blacks. Black males are about half of that.

His point still stands. If you look at it as "what are my odds of being murdered by a random person" vs "what are my odds of being murdered by a random black person" the difference is statistically insignificant.   

superman Senior Member
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:48 PM
posted by geeblock

You can’t say racially motivated policing doesn’t exist and then the very next line say. “Well black people commit 50% of the murders” by saying that you are saying that is the reason they are being profiled, while also saying they aren’t being profiled. 

I didn't say it doesn't exist. 

I've also never said it shouldn't exist. 

Racial profiling exists for a reason.  It works. 

I've been pulled over, cuffed and searched for being white in the wrong neighborhood. Guess what I did, I complied with police orders. Guess what else I did? Survived. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:55 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

His point still stands. If you look at it as "what are my odds of being murdered by a random person" vs "what are my odds of being murdered by a random black person" the difference is statistically insignificant.   

I don’t think that’s what it means, per capita. And if they include Hispanic with white, the statistics don’t really work. They had more murders with way less population. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:55 PM
posted by superman

I didn't say it doesn't exist. 

I've also never said it shouldn't exist. 

Racial profiling exists for a reason.  It works. 

I've been pulled over, cuffed and searched for being white in the wrong neighborhood. Guess what I did, I complied with police orders. Guess what else I did? Survived. 

I didn’t say you did or tag your comment. The conversation started with the question “what does this have to do with race?” 

We both came to the same conclusion. I was discussing whether or not that was fair. 

Others will swear up and down it doesn’t exist at all, welcome to the conversation . 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 6:59 PM
posted by iclfan2

I don’t think that’s what it means, per capita. And if they include Hispanic with white, the statistics don’t really work. They had more murders with way less population. 

Blacks commit more murders overall, but what do the numbers look like for random murders? Many of the black murders are parts of gang wars.

superman Senior Member
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 7:24 PM
posted by geeblock

I didn’t say you did or tag your comment. The conversation started with the question “what does this have to do with race?” 

We both came to the same conclusion. I was discussing whether or not that was fair. 

Others will swear up and down it doesn’t exist at all, welcome to the conversation . 

Between your poor grasp of technology, half posts where you hit submit in the middle of a word, and completely nonsensical ranting, it's hard to tell who you're replying to sometimes. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 8:33 PM

Both extremely dumb. Lol no more policing or incarceration...

Congresswoman:

Mayor:

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 8:45 PM
posted by iclfan2

Both extremely dumb. Lol no more policing or incarceration...

It's going to be interesting to see how the left pivots away from this mess.  They've been pushing this narrative for years, and now they've lost control of the mob.  Problem is, you can't fix an imaginary problem you only ginned up for political gain.

Just wait until these dumbasses wake up to the reality that THOUSANDS of blacks die in hospitals due to medical malpractice/indifference ever year.  And it's not like those people pulled a gun or knife on the doctor that killed them.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 14, 2021 8:54 AM
posted by geeblock

With all due respect, you are framing the argument all wrong. Turning into a racial lens all the times does not allow for practical solutions because it immediately establishes the tired same old arguments. 

The framing of the argument, which I think a lot of posters on here could get behind, is a different look at the use of force for the police. More training on using deadly force as a last, last result and more de-escalation training to lower the temperature on stops may help reduce these events. Some cops do see themselves as more members of the military than servants to the community. Reframing the discussion on how to reduce cops being on power trips, reducing the use of force, and new training on de-escalation is a way I think you can get a broader appeal and support for actual police reform, 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login