Progressives, part 3...

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Apr 8, 2021 8:08 PM
posted by geeblock

I’m not even going to get in the absurdity of the water/food regulations as I know u can’t provide any reason this was necessary and just kind of ignore it, but if it didn’t matter they wouldn’t do it. 

The reason is partisan operatives use it as an excuse to skirt laws and solicit voters while standing in line.  You can bring your own water.  Poll workers can provide anyone in line with water.  Can you provide any examples of voters dropping out of line because of thirst? 
majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Apr 8, 2021 8:11 PM
posted by geeblock

Can all of these things be overcome ? Sure. But in an extremely close election it could certainly matter. Overall as I have said I think it’s going to have the opposite effect and it’s going to cause a rally that has not been seen before to get voters out in GA.

In an extremely close election fraud matters too.  As for the latter part of your statement it negates everything you have said about the Ga law suppressing voters.
jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 9, 2021 12:32 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

We anxiously await your promised repudiation of geeblock's points. Please wash over us that intelligence you have in such abundance. 

Looks like Majorspark did a fine job.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Apr 9, 2021 4:17 PM
posted by majorspark
In an extremely close election fraud matters too.  As for the latter part of your statement it negates everything you have said about the Ga law suppressing voters.

I have always said the effects wouldn’t be major. I was merely responding to those who said that Colorado had more stringent laws or as stringent laws as GA. They don’t 

geeblock Member
Fri, Apr 9, 2021 4:18 PM
posted by jmog

Looks like Majorspark did a fine job.

U can’t even admit that the Republican legislature believes these laws will benefit them in the next election. 

geeblock Member
Fri, Apr 9, 2021 4:20 PM
posted by majorspark
The reason is partisan operatives use it as an excuse to skirt laws and solicit voters while standing in line.  You can bring your own water.  Poll workers can provide anyone in line with water.  Can you provide any examples of voters dropping out of line because of thirst? 

It’s an unnecessary law 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 9, 2021 4:28 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Yeah, cause they were dismissed because the evidence was lacking. They were all laughed out of court. 

Fraud did not happen in 2020. Full stop. 

100% false.  Helluva batting  average, though

majorspark Senior Member
Fri, Apr 9, 2021 5:30 PM
posted by majorspark

Then what do you think about President Biden calling this law worse than Jim Crow?  How sick is it to use the true suppression of African American voting rights as a political tool?  Personally I find it quite disgusting.

The following is a lie told by President Biden quoted from his inaugural address:

Politics need not be a raging fire destroying everything in its path.

Every disagreement doesn’t have to be a cause for total war.

And, we must reject a culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Apr 10, 2021 3:17 PM
posted by geeblock

U can’t even admit that the Republican legislature believes these laws will benefit them in the next election. 

How do I know what other people in another state believe unless they outright say it?

Are we mind readers now?

geeblock Member
Sat, Apr 10, 2021 9:27 PM
posted by jmog

How do I know what other people in another state believe unless they outright say it?

Are we mind readers now?

🤡 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 11, 2021 1:54 PM

BLM grifting sure does pay the bills 

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/inside-blm-co-founder-patrisse-khan-cullors-real-estate-buying-binge/

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Apr 11, 2021 3:52 PM
posted by iclfan2

BLM grifting sure does pay the bills

That's interesting.  But before I condemn her, I'd like to know if she or her wife had money before. 

Certainly wouldn't be the first time professional agitators became multi-millionaires.  Then you see she got a deal from Warner Bros, and you have to wonder if that's not almost a bribe or just wealthy liberals using shareholder money to fund pet causes (like the Netflix deal with Obama).

Sun, Apr 11, 2021 4:12 PM
posted by gut

That's interesting.  But before I condemn her, I'd like to know if she or her wife had money before.  

Oh I’m not condemning her, I think it’s great. I’m all for people profiting off of wokeness. 
geeblock Member
Sun, Apr 11, 2021 5:18 PM
posted by iclfan2
Oh I’m not condemning her, I think it’s great. I’m all for people profiting off of wokeness. 

*Candace Owens 

Sun, Apr 11, 2021 5:33 PM
posted by geeblock

*Candace Owens 

She is horrible, agreed. Not sure people donated to her questionable cause, but she definitely made money on grifting as a black conservative, whether she actually believes in it or not. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Sun, Apr 11, 2021 8:14 PM
posted by iclfan2

She is horrible, agreed. Not sure people donated to her questionable cause, but she definitely made money on grifting as a black conservative, whether she actually believes in it or not. 

Last time I checked, a conservative grifter didn’t have followers out burning down businesses and killing people

Mon, Apr 12, 2021 9:33 PM

Here come the riots! Not sure how race had anything to do with the shooting but when has that stopped anyone?

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 10:58 AM

https://www.whio.com/news/local/same-sex-couple-miami-county-venue-refused-hold-wedding-ceremony/K4CZMAVC2FFDJOOPWIBO3H5UMI/

You can be denied service for not wearing a mask because places are "private businesses"......I dont see how this is any different

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 11:37 AM
posted by Spock

https://www.whio.com/news/local/same-sex-couple-miami-county-venue-refused-hold-wedding-ceremony/K4CZMAVC2FFDJOOPWIBO3H5UMI/

You can be denied service for not wearing a mask because places are "private businesses"......I dont see how this is any different

Theoretically masks, smoking, yelling "fire" are things that affect the health and safety of others.  

Personally, once I got a response that read "because of our Christian beliefs" I wouldn't have read any further - I'd have just crossed the place off my list. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Apr 13, 2021 12:08 PM
posted by iclfan2

Here come the riots! Not sure how race had anything to do with the shooting but when has that stopped anyone?

But being stopped because it's illegal to have air fresheners hanging from the mirror sure seems like a legal "justification" for profiling.

Otherwise, again, you have one's personal choice to resist/evade arrest contributing to a mistake by an officer resulting in a fatal shooting.  Long past time to start acknowledging that, yes, the victim shares some of the blame.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login