Progressives, part 3...

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 114 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 15, 2019 3:30 PM
posted by majorspark

The biggest thing I have learned from these hearings is the proper pronunciation of Ukraine's capital. 

Thankfully career beaurocrats have set us all staight.

Everyone is pretty much saying there's been nothing to change anyone's opinions.

I can't really see how continuing to overpromise and under-deliver on impeachment will helps the Dems.  Nor do I think Adam Schiff getting a bunch of air time is landing you any votes.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Nov 15, 2019 3:44 PM
posted by majorspark

The biggest thing I have learned from these hearings is the proper pronunciation of Ukraine's capital. 

Thankfully career beaurocrats have set us all staight.

Indeed; if you can’t do the Kiev as Keev, you are obviously a nobody (unless you have a bow tie).

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Nov 17, 2019 7:55 AM

https://twitter.com/frombenc/status/1195744299175960577?s=21

The left has pretty much proven the last 3 years that it’s not so much the pussy grabbing; it’s who is grabbing the pussy that matters. You can apply this logic to everything else the left claims the moral high ground (i.e. racism).

If there is one thing Trump has done, he has pretty much exposed how full of shit the left is. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Nov 17, 2019 10:44 AM
posted by like_that

The left has pretty much proven the last 3 years that it’s not so much the pussy grabbing; it’s who is grabbing the pussy that matters. You can apply this logic to everything else the left claims the moral high ground (i.e. racism).

If there is one thing Trump has done, he has pretty much exposed how full of shit the left is. 

You can make the same generalizations about the right using Trump's logic that if you do not agree with him you are a treasonous liar.  Both extremes have lost the plot.  It's easy to make fun of the antics of hypocritical liberals.  But it has no credibility when you look past the insanity existing in Trump's leadership.  

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Sun, Nov 17, 2019 6:43 PM

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/17/emails-open-society-kept-alleged-whistleblower-eric-ciaramella-updated-on-george-soross-personal-ukraine-activities/

I posted weeks ago....there is no "whistle blower"  Its deep state stuff with ex-Obama and current DC swampers.  THis article ties it all together

gut Senior Member
Sun, Nov 17, 2019 7:10 PM
posted by Spock

I posted weeks ago....there is no "whistle blower"  Its deep state stuff with ex-Obama and current DC swampers.  THis article ties it all together

You're right, it doesn't matter.  Trump committed an impeachable offense when he stood in front of that helicopter and asked corrupt foreign countries to investigate a political opponent.

But I don't understand why quid-pro-quo/bribery/extortion matters.  That's just diplomacy - Obama's Iran deal came with a bunch of money attached that we had been withholding for decades.

If - and I think that's a big if - it's within his purview to request such an investigation, then this is all nothing.  Using leverage and other means to accomplish that is how the stuff is done, and nothing would be impeachable.  Plus, it's not without merit - Biden should not be immune from such an investigation just because he decides to run for POTUS.  And it's a good bet if Biden won and Republicans still hold the Senate that we might have another special counsel.

IMO, it's an abuse of power because the DOJ probably is doing or has done an investigation, and POTUS shouldn't interfere with that.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Nov 17, 2019 8:02 PM
posted by Spock

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/17/emails-open-society-kept-alleged-whistleblower-eric-ciaramella-updated-on-george-soross-personal-ukraine-activities/

Did you know that Deep State created 5G to take over our brain waves?

It's interesting how the conspiracy theory crowd always seems to "discover" the truth from multiple sources all within a very short time. One source posits the latest afront to us all and the rest pick it up and push it within no time. Soros is always a good go to in this area. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Nov 18, 2019 11:25 AM
posted by like_that

No truer words have ever graced the internetzz

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Nov 19, 2019 2:54 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

You can make the same generalizations about the right using Trump's logic that if you do not agree with him you are a treasonous liar.  Both extremes have lost the plot.  It's easy to make fun of the antics of hypocritical liberals.  But it has no credibility when you look past the insanity existing in Trump's leadership.  

I’m out of the loop on the treasonous liar quote.  When did that happen?  Regardless, I have a few points about your post.

1. I’m not sure how you deflecting about Trump (in a progressives sucks thread) somehow negates any credibility on calling out the left for being full of shit hypocrites? You can look at my posting history, I’ve never denied the right is full of shit. The main difference is the media actually has been calling out the right for their bullshit for years. Can’t say the same for the left. There are so many examples at this point, with the Katie Hill coverage being the latest.

2. You mention extremes on both sides, however it’s been pretty normalized on the left at this point. Definitely moreso than the right.  There’s actually dissent amongst the right. You have your right libertarians who contemplate voting GOP or indie (depending on who the dem candidates are), you have your never trumpers, you have your people who hate trump, but also hate Dems so they will hold their nose and vote trump, and then you have your hardcore MAGA people. I’ve posted the pew research political spectrum link numerous times to show how far the median dem ideology has gone to the left  in the last few years.  The left’s actions perfectly line up with that shift too. The latest example is Katie Hill being treated like some hero for taking advantage of a younger staffer. Not only has the media been silent about it, most people are standing up for her (including elected reps). If this happened to a republican man, you know damn well it would be all over the news and somehow every single voting conservative/republican would be associates to him, which brings me to my last point...

3. The right tends to view themselves as individuals. The left has a very strong collectivist attitude, which makes them feel the need to hop onto groups to feel worthy.  The left’s inability to comprehend individualism is why they are unable to comprehend why a good person could actually vote for trump.  This is why I also believe they are radio silent when it comes to condemning their own side (I.e. katie hill). They view these actions as a representation of themselves, and are afraid to admit it’s a terrible look.  Obviously that’s my theory, but it does seem odd they are the moral arbiters on everyone but themselves and the people/groups they support. 

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Nov 19, 2019 12:03 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Did you know that Deep State created 5G to take over our brain waves?

It's interesting how the conspiracy theory crowd always seems to "discover" the truth from multiple sources all within a very short time. One source posits the latest afront to us all and the rest pick it up and push it within no time. Soros is always a good go to in this area.

One of the reasons I'm often quiet about my politics in public.  We have a disproportionate number of those wackadoos.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Nov 19, 2019 3:35 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/media/van-drew-reveals-reason-for-voting-against-impeachment

Just one voice of reason out of all the dems.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Nov 20, 2019 10:24 AM

These hearings are such a joke.  The Dems and Repubs take turns leading the witness and testifying for themselves.  They each take the same fact, put their own spin and connotation on it, and then say "do you agree?" to completely different impressions.

Dems screwed up.  They should have done this quick and easy just to show Trump was abusing his power to have a foreign country investigate a political opponent.  Instead they've flailed and failed trying to prove there was a pay off.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Nov 20, 2019 10:48 AM

Sondland is a complete assclown.   "Only the best people"....

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Nov 20, 2019 11:33 AM
posted by gut

These hearings are such a joke.  The Dems and Repubs take turns leading the witness and testifying for themselves.  They each take the same fact, put their own spin and connotation on it, and then say "do you agree?" to completely different impressions.

Dems screwed up.  They should have done this quick and easy just to show Trump was abusing his power to have a foreign country investigate a political opponent.  Instead they've flailed and failed trying to prove there was a pay off.

That's just what their M.O. has turned into. If something is a slam dunk, they'll try so hard to REALLY over-expound on things that they turn it into a confusing slog. If something's reasonable, they try so hard to reach for a slam dunk that they lose the point completely and if something is a major reach, they try so hard to create something tangible that it just ends up a shit-show.

It basically comes down to people there being 100% convinced they are in the right on whatever they are having an opinion upon and being in this permanent state of shock/outrage/denial that not everyone feels the same way they do, so it tends to feel like their main objective is simply to force those people opposed to them to have to eat shit and admit they were wrong.

Which basically makes them left-wing versions of Quaker/CC, where they bounce all over the place completely convinced their conspiracy theories are all true and all the ones the other side comes up with are poorly-conceived lies.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Nov 20, 2019 11:45 AM
posted by Heretic

That's just what their M.O. has turned into.

For Dems in safe districts, Trump-rage is great for their re-election.  He's great for media ratings.

And that's all any of those people really care about.  I'm not convinced they all don't secretly want him re-elected.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Nov 21, 2019 2:40 PM
posted by gut

These hearings are such a joke.  The Dems and Repubs take turns leading the witness and testifying for themselves.

Not just the leading of witnesses but forcing to answer hypotheticals.  The audience even erupted into applause a couple of times.  Not that they were packed with partisan shills or anything.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Nov 21, 2019 4:20 PM
posted by majorspark

The audience even erupted into applause a couple of times.  Not that they were packed with partisan shills or anything.

I noticed that.  Either the Dem cheerleaders really do have TDS, or the Repubs weren't allowed to bring any of their cheerleaders.

Schiff has been claiming they have the evidence to impeach for 3 years.....

majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Nov 21, 2019 4:32 PM

Yeah another eruption of applause at Schiff's closing statement today.  But the Democrats have told us this is a very solemn occasion that they reluctantly are undertaking all while the speaker is off in prayer. 

majorspark Senior Member
Thu, Nov 21, 2019 5:01 PM

Lol Fredo fail.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Nov 21, 2019 5:07 PM

LOL - you know Trump will be retweeting that for a week.

Can't believe people actually think you could hear the person on the other side of the call like that.  But you'd get enough just hearing the one party at the table.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login